decided to try my hand at photography

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• decided to try my hand at photography

trying to get better at photography and any pointers or things that you guys think will make my pictures better please do say

Pics look awesome man, it is much much better then the first pics you posted up. Also that location is pretty awesome, wish I had somewhere like that nearby to shoot at.

As for tips, I'm really not sure as I'm not that good at photography myself. I'd say just practise, take shots at different angles, try close ups.
    1999 SL2 Saturn Build rip
    1998 EK hatch Civic Build

Comment

thanks dude, and ya my friend who drives this wicked srt told me about the place, and i'm really not sure either what to do, to make the pictures better because i'm taking them with an iphone haha. i'd rather not take up close pictures just because it would make the truck look worse

Comment

Well, to be honest I must say the angles of the pictures you have taken look remarkable, if you don’t mind may I give you a suggestion? Mate, please try to take some Black and White photos.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by CamelyNick; 04-05-2013, 03:14 AM.
        Travel Center UK Flights | Johannesburg Flights

Comment

Your framing is nice. I'm guessing you don't edit yet? When you start to play with shadows and highlights your photos are gonna be sick!

Comment

Originally posted by CamelyNick View Post
            Well, to be honest I must say the angles of the pictures you have taken look remarkable, if you don’t mind may I give you a suggestion? Mate, please try to take some Black and White photos.
            that looks great, and thank you for your kind words and your compliments i'll definitely try the black and white filter

Comment

Originally posted by _DUNXXX View Post
              Your framing is nice. I'm guessing you don't edit yet? When you start to play with shadows and highlights your photos are gonna be sick!
              thanks man, and the only time that i really try different filters and shit is on instagram

Comment

sorry i hope you guys don't mind i am reposting some of those pics from before but i'm trying out my filters and stuff and just seeing what everybody else thinks
                took these tonight while i was out cruising

now the older ones with different filters

and i'm Belvader on instagram as well in case you guys want to see more of these photos

Comment

Adding the sepia tone to the last one brought out the reds, oranges and browns in your truck and the background, I think it looks great.

As has been said before, the framing of your pictures looks great. You have an eye for the rough shot which is good - a proper camera with a good lens and a little editing makes a photo, but I'd say you're doing plenty well with just an iPhone. My HTC Sensation and Samsung Note II both are higher resolution than my camera [old-skool EOS Rebel], but I think the lens options really open it up for the camera.
                  - Bagged '98 Chevy S10 - Stock '88 Volvo 240DL - Broken '87 Mitsubishi Starion ESi-R - Also Broken '87 Shelby Lancer #707/800 -

Comment

The wheel choice for the Ranger confuses me, but the composition of the photos is nice lol
                    Keenan
                    Flickr!
                    Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Daviticus View Post
                      Adding the sepia tone to the last one brought out the reds, oranges and browns in your truck and the background, I think it looks great.

As has been said before, the framing of your pictures looks great. You have an eye for the rough shot which is good - a proper camera with a good lens and a little editing makes a photo, but I'd say you're doing plenty well with just an iPhone. My HTC Sensation and Samsung Note II both are higher resolution than my camera [old-skool EOS Rebel], but I think the lens options really open it up for the camera.
                      Thanks man! I apreshiate it !

Comment

Originally posted by K.Stockdale View Post
                        The wheel choice for the Ranger confuses me, but the composition of the photos is nice lol
                        Thanks and my wheel of choice are the Lincoln wheels I just took them off for now until I can lower the truck more to fill the wheel gap that I have with those small tires, so I'm rocking the stock set up until I can safely drop it more

Comment

i took these quick two pics for this thread and i wasn't sure which was better, and which i would post so i'm just posting both to get you guys opinion on which is more favorable amongst the public
                          this

or this?

and these have no filter, these girls are all natural

Comment

I think the first one, being focused further out [on the snap versus the leather of the tonneau] looks better personally.
                            - Bagged '98 Chevy S10 - Stock '88 Volvo 240DL - Broken '87 Mitsubishi Starion ESi-R - Also Broken '87 Shelby Lancer #707/800 -

Comment

aight thanks man, personally i was leaning toward that one a little more aswell but the distressed look with the weathering leather looked pretty good also

Comment

Working...
                              X