No announcement yet.

Custom 1 piece wheels to 2-3 piece :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone do this type of service in the USA??? converting 1 piece wheels to 3 piece.

Comment

• Yes. Read through this thread

OZ, MSW, ABT, Carlsson, etc 10 point bolt tools info

Comment

• Who makes these sweet wheels?

Originally posted by Aitch View Post

Exactly what I was looking for to spice up my 156.

Comment

• My next works

9"x16"

9/10"x17"

8/9"x15"

Comment

• 9x17 4x100 offset 34

Comment

• 9"x16"

Comment

• Wow these look so good. I have a set of Alpina Style E21 13" alloys that I want to convert to 15" as a project myself.
                Have seen pics but dont exactly know how its done.
                From what I gather its mostly machining off the barrel leaving the face. Filling the valve port, machining the faces flat for mating the lips and barrel and then drilling the holes to mate the lips and barrel? Am I on the right track?

I will read this thread from the beginning but any help is appreciated around selection of parts, thx

Comment

• Got some 2-piece speedlines modded as 3-piece for the past season.

Comment

• Dope!

Comment

• Originally posted by Davetech74 View Post
                      Wow these look so good. I have a set of Alpina Style E21 13" alloys that I want to convert to 15" as a project myself.
                      Have seen pics but dont exactly know how its done.
                      From what I gather its mostly machining off the barrel leaving the face. Filling the valve port, machining the faces flat for mating the lips and barrel and then drilling the holes to mate the lips and barrel? Am I on the right track?

I will read this thread from the beginning but any help is appreciated around selection of parts, thx
                      I depends on the wheel. Mb there is too less material and you need to make the contact surface deeper.

Comment

• Hi

New here so please not to shoot me down in flames. I found this thread through a google search so joined the forum.

I am looking to have some 1 piece wheels converted to 3 piece and from 16" stepped up to 18". Is there anyone in the UK who can do this or advice if its even possible on these wheels please.

Regards J
                        It isn't the size of your car, it's the size of your turbo.

Comment

• What wheels?

Comment

• 0o

Comment

• I've always been a fan of the OZ Opera II wheel.

Anyone know if they are a good candidate to be converted to 3 piece? They are a 2PC wheel with removable face. Better pics of a disassembled wheel are here: https://www.drive2.ru/l/6621826/
                              Last edited by FirstGenZq8; 10-01-2018, 04:54 PM.

WTB - BBS RS 020, 025, 026, 027, 177, 178, 190, or 191

Comment

• Originally posted by FirstGenZq8 View Post
                                I've always been a fan of the OZ Opera II wheel.

Anyone know if they are a good candidate to be converted to 3 piece? They are a 2PC wheel with removable face. Better pics of a disassembled wheel are here: https://www.drive2.ru/l/6621826/
                                As a 2-piece wheel, you're already 90% of the way to building it as a 3-piece. Essentially the only difference is that you're putting together both lips and barrels instead of a welded lip/barrel combo.

The only odd thing is that the hole spacing may be a little non-standard. Probably still require some custom work.
                                Steve - now in San Diego!

Shoot My Car - Automotive Photography in SoCal

Comment

Working...
                                X