.50 Cal Lug nut covers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .50 Cal Lug nut covers

Alright everyone, I'm thinking of a way to hold .50 shell casing over the lugnuts for my new heels. I'm trying to design some sort of spring clip for them, but I'm not sure what they can hold onto. Any ideas?

For reference...

I'm aware that I may need to step up to a larger caliber to cover the lug nuts, BTW.

If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right.

Your blast pipes look stupid.

You'd have to back fill the casing with some sort of epoxy after you machine out what used to be the blasting cap. You'll have problems with how long those shells are. The centripetal acceleration will make it difficult for them to hold on. Might be better off trying to make a center cap.

Mr. Belvedere

I want to buy your single 4x100 Ronal Racing center

Comment

Pic you posted was of a 20mm Vulcan shell.

Here's what the .50 cal looks like, next to that original 20mm

Still pretty big - good luck.
      '67 VW Squareback & '07 RX-8

Comment

Hmmm... I guess I'll have to think about this a lot more.... Thanks guys!

Comment

If you have empty or expended brass, buy a cheap pipe cutter and reamer at your neighborhood hardware store and cut the casing such that the necked-down area is removed. That should provide with a cylinder to work with which would be easier than trying to monkey around with something too narrow.

Comment

I think with a good epoxy you could make it work. I know there's a glue that can bond metals. Especially, if you cut them like Smitty said.

edit: here you go.

I just though of one more thing. How would you get the lugs on and off?
            Last edited by thomasthethird; 02-19-2010, 08:29 PM.

Comment

well, that's why I want to use a clip, so I can just lock snap them on/off....

Comment

Working...
              X