lets stance a mustang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lets stance a mustang

so i just got a mustang but wanting to go a different route what is your opinion, wheels any exterior mods i dont have any pics of the interior or engine bay but any thoughts on that welcome as well. i am getting a terminator cobra front bumper, and coilovers but still up in the air on what brand for those.

whatever you do dont get replica's of wheels off of a different model of mustang, thats what 99% of mustang owners do and it always looks like shit, find something unique, these cars are 5x114.3 bolt pattern so there are a million options out there

Comment

^ What he said, get some legit wheels.

Also maybe an IRS? You could probably find someone to swap your solid axel with. They look dope as hell on air.

Good lookin car by the way, have fun

Another option instead of a new front end is Mach 1 lip spoiler on your front end.

Comment

im thinking some ccw lm20 or varrstoens? and i want to go irs with accuair.... going static first because of cost. you guys thinking i should keep the color?

Comment

Yellow is fine. Don't get reps. Fit some wide wheels with some meat under there, I know you can. I think CCW LM5s would look good. 5 spokes always work.
          BMW E38
          That White Evo
          -SOLD
          instagram @kbuss
          flickr

Comment

Originally posted by fish_tailin View Post
            im thinking some ccw lm20 or varrstoens? and i want to go irs with accuair.... going static first because of cost. you guys thinking i should keep the color?
            I think the CCW's would look great

Comment

Originally posted by kbuss View Post
              Yellow is fine. Don't get reps. Fit some wide wheels with some meat under there, I know you can. I think CCW LM5s would look good. 5 spokes always work.
              yeah i cant decide between the two but i was thinking 13.5" rear with 295's and 9.5" front with 245's 17's or 18's? 17's are whats on it now.

Comment

18s
                BMW E38
                That White Evo
                -SOLD
                instagram @kbuss
                flickr

Comment

ok i was leaning that way!

Comment

Youre not alone

I already have the coils and wheels.. just need to figure out what tire size to run..

Comment

Originally posted by 1988montecarloss View Post
                      whatever you do dont get replica's of wheels off of a different model of mustang, thats what 99% of mustang owners do and it always looks like shit, find something unique, these cars are 5x114.3 bolt pattern so there are a million options out there
                      Oh. Hey.

Originally posted by delvin View Post
                      ^ What he said, get some legit wheels.

Also maybe an IRS? You could probably find someone to swap your solid axel with. They look dope as hell on air.

Good lookin car by the way, have fun

Another option instead of a new front end is Mach 1 lip spoiler on your front end.
                      IRS rides beautifully. Not quite as friendly for high torque applications, but there's bushings for that.

Originally posted by Yogi_Bear View Post
                      I think the CCW's would look great
                      Seems like every Cobra and their brother on SVTP is running them.
                      I Have No Idea What I'm Doing

Comment

Yeah I went to a dyno day at a Mustang shop in SLC, about 70% of the Stangs had either reps or CCWs.

I'm all for HREs or Rotiforms on a Stangbang.
                        - Bagged '98 Chevy S10 - Stock '88 Volvo 240DL - Broken '87 Mitsubishi Starion ESi-R - Also Broken '87 Shelby Lancer #707/800 -

Comment

Originally posted by Daviticus View Post
                          Yeah I went to a dyno day at a Mustang shop in SLC, about 70% of the Stangs had either reps or CCWs.

I'm all for HREs or Rotiforms on a Stangbang.
                          Something about them just doesn't fit with the American muscle car style. The 5 - 6 spoke designs I think fit the design best.

I was originally going to order some Enkeis for mine, but I can't complain about this staggered Cobra setup I found. I wasn't even looking for them, but they were a steal and matched my car perfectly. **** all you want, most of this build has been parts coming together through sheer luck, and the wheels are no exception.

I also almost ended up with a set of 370Z wheels for dirt cheap. That would have looked horrible.
                          I Have No Idea What I'm Doing

Comment

Eh, I've seen 370z wheels on a Mustang before, all they really needed as a little bit of spacer and they look fine.

I have always loved RPF-1s on Terminators, but on that same note I haven't seen any car that couldn't pull them off hah. I will agree with you though, the 5-spokes look best on Mustangs. Saleen 5s anyone?
                            - Bagged '98 Chevy S10 - Stock '88 Volvo 240DL - Broken '87 Mitsubishi Starion ESi-R - Also Broken '87 Shelby Lancer #707/800 -

Comment

Originally posted by RacerrRex View Post
                              Youre not alone

I already have the coils and wheels.. just need to figure out what tire size to run..
                              awesome you got the coils installed yet?

Comment

Working...
                              X