FaKe WhEeLs ArE FaKe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrx928 View Post
    You start off well, but then you end it with a personal attacks and name calling. A little lame, but oh well.

Just as much as you are voicing your opinion on supporting good companies, I'm voicing my opinion on choices in buying behaviors. My example of OEM vs. non OE parts is just that...a comparison and not meant to put wheels in the same category. So not reading between the lines, the buying behavior is all the same, regardless of product. If the option is there, generally people will want to spend economically. This forum is about community and lifestyle, name calling people as "cheap" because they are looking for alternatives is what i think is shitty.

By the way, I have not implied in my opinions not to support the good companies.

To my BBS quote - I stand corrected.
    go back to vwvortex

build thread?

Comment

Originally posted by keeton View Post
      Points have been made, and I've changed my mind on replicas. Screw them.

I'll admit it, I had no issues with reps until I read through this thread, but I've never thought about how replica companies are screwing over the real companies. I was always that guy that argued the cheapness of replicas over the real thing, but I've really never owned a set of XXRs, etc. deep down I'd still always see them as inferior if I did.

That's enough motivation to not buy a stolen idea. It's just wrong.
      If we've changed one mind, it's all worth it. Much respect to you.

Email | Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

Originally posted by Jesus Christ View Post
        If we've changed one mind, it's all worth it. Much respect to you.
        Much appreciated.

To reiterate...

Originally posted by M.Burroughs View Post
        I'm not going to sit and try to justify everything once again. Most of you are already arguing points I've already made. This has nothing to do with the cost of wheels. There are tons of cheap wheels out there if you can't afford 3pc BBSs.

No one is calling anything fake. I'm calling out replicas. No matter what kind of leg you think you have to stand on, your justification for supporting replica companies is a cheap attempt to justify your lack of standards and willingness to do "the right thing" and support good companies.

I've said time and time again that I think cheap wheels are great. There are a lot of people who can't afford expensive things. But that doesn't make it okay to support companies that are stealing designs from industry originators. No "ifs", "ands", or "buts" about it.
        This is what gets me. Buying reps is enabling a form of theft, and that's just not ok.

Comment

Ive got real BBS's...they came stock on the bimmer

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyjones View Post
            go back to vwvortex
            LMFAO
            Last edited by SD202; 03-09-2013, 11:07 AM.
            C280 Build Thread
            C43 ///AMG Build Thread
            E320 Wagon Build Thread

Follow me on Instagram:@SD_210

Comment

Dem BBS

Magnesium Kiezer

Dem Nissan Enkeis

Forged COR

Dem Rays

OEM Honda

OEM Subaru

Work

More Rays

Team Dynamics

Got dat Rari rims

Dymag

Dem Advans

Moral of the story is, only Rotas can get busted up. That's why car manufacturers such as Toyota use them.
              W108 - LSx hitting a lick | '92 C2500 6.5 Turbo Diesel

Comment

Any wheel is going to get damage from colliding with a curb going 10+ miles an hour....
                I can also guarantee that the failure rate of those wheels is massively less than a rota\xxr\etc.

That being said, the main argument here is idea and design theft, not whether a knockoff wheel is going break easier than a original.
                Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

You`ve changed my mind too. I was about to buy some reps, but after reading this, I realized I can have "real"wheels for about the same money... I didn`t really look at wheels like 3sdm, or VMR, but then i started to see that with little saving i can have them. So I will save up a bit

Comment

Originally posted by Dudermagee View Post
                    That being said, the main argument here is idea and design theft, not whether a knockoff wheel is going break easier than a original.
                    Maybe so, but I made it to the 2nd post before I skipped to the bottom to post this because it gets old.
                    W108 - LSx hitting a lick | '92 C2500 6.5 Turbo Diesel

Comment

• Yes support authenticity was the main point! many people here dont actually read post once they see more than two sentences it seems like.
                      C280 Build Thread
                      C43 ///AMG Build Thread
                      E320 Wagon Build Thread

Follow me on Instagram:@SD_210

Comment

• Shit man at least the "real" wheels will hold their value.
                        Some even go up in value.

You can even buy some that need work for cheap and rebuild them to perfect specs.
                        Thats what I've done with my equips, what I'm going to do with my RS's, and what I'll do to the next set after that.
                        Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

• I support not buying Fake wheels to allow companies to stay in business.

But look at it from another perspective. I am sick of the industries always taking the "Poor me I am the victim" stance. Piracy made us go under.

Simple. Change your business model. Its as simple as that.

Most people in this community don't race on their wheels, so there is no need for wheels that are rated to go turn your e30 into a touring car.

Most people on here buy wheels for looks on here. Period.

So these companies saying we are losing money because people are copying our wheels are pathetic.

Why not just make a wheel that fits the niche?

There is a large gap between Fake and Real that I am waiting to be filled.

Should you buy 300$ fakes or 3000$ reals. Hummmm ya neither.

Why can't bbs Volk/Ray/BBS make wheels that fill that gap with the same looks without the same physical rating. I am an engineer I have run ANSYS (Finite Element Analysis) on a couple wheel designs in the past. Some BBS wheels are rated to withstand absurd amounts of force axially.

So ya that's my 2 cents

TLDR: High end companies need to change their business model instead of complaining about fake companies to fit the niche that want looks and not space craft rated wheels. What are they the RIAA or MPAA?

Comment

• Originally posted by MDiNino View Post
                            TLDR: High end companies need to change their business model instead of complaining about fake companies to fit the niche that want looks and not space craft rated wheels.
                            This is an interesting thought... Why hasn't BBS made RS's that are one piece and put their brand on it making it affordable for those who spend their money elsewhere on priorities. This would A) Still support the "real" companies and B) Make those happy who are buying the wheels, happy at the fact that it's a true BBS and not a chinese no-name replica.
                            Flickr

Comment

• Originally posted by dedo View Post
                              You`ve changed my mind too. I was about to buy some reps, but after reading this, I realized I can have "real"wheels for about the same money... I didn`t really look at wheels like 3sdm, or VMR, but then i started to see that with little saving i can have them. So I will save up a bit
                              This made me smile!
                              Originally posted by SD202 View Post
                              Yes support authenticity was the main point! many people here dont actually read post once they see more than two sentences it seems like.
                              Yep!!! that's so true

there are alot of ignorant ppl here.. Which, we're all ignorant at one point, but after this huge debate ppl still want to buy replicas are just fools(period)

real wheels aren't expensive. The fake+tires=real wheels/used or new <<< basic math

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

• I have had two genuine wheels fail on me.

Both bbs genuine rims I might add and do agree that reps quality on the whole is worse than genuine but one big pothole or curb its game over for both anyway.
                                People slag dare rs rims off in the uk but strangely despite hundreds and hundreds of sets sold not a single failure on any set.

Would love a genuine set of bbs rs but sadly way out of my price bracket so I guess dare rs will be an option next.

Comment

Working...
                                X