No announcement yet.

Pininfarina/BBS 2 or 3 Piece?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i now have the parts to convert these 20 bolt pinafarinas to 3 piece in 18" diameter. havent assembled the set i have here yet though as I have no plans to put them on anything yet. But yes, we here can now get the parts to make them 18"

just to make sure your pinafarina faces are the same as the ones i have here, measure the diameter on the back of your pinafarina faces the same way as you measured the red line here

17" rs parts will not work on those moda faces fyi. 13" bore (face hole) is 17" RS 34 bolt parts

---
    sigpic
    1990 Nissan fairlady Z32 - long term build
    1982 euro porsche 930 turbo

"A less- assuming enthusiast probably wouldnt even think that this Z ran because of how naked the engine compartment was. The motor looks as if it just floats there, with nothing else in sight." Super Street 9/2012

http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=19185

Comment

I've looked into this on my 16x7.5 2pc Pininfarinas. They are 20 hole so I thought maybe Motorsport stuff would work but it's off by a little bit. I looked into converting to 3pc as well about a year ago but it would have to be completely custom. I would have machined the lip portion off of the barrel to create 4 barrels of the existing parts, then have lips made (cheapest way most likely).

Mine are PA501 and came with nuts. I also have a single 16x7.5 2pc Bugatti (EB511) that uses normal nuts as well. Most of the wheels that I have seen using the 'huck bolt' are 17" variations.
      instagram : demrimz
      StatesideWheel

Comment

Since someone already went grave digging does anyone know more about the Bugatti BBS wheels mentioned above?

Comment

Originally posted by Wastegate13 View Post
          Since someone already went grave digging does anyone know more about the Bugatti BBS wheels mentioned above?
          What would you like to know?
          StatesideWheel

Comment

Originally posted by 1badg35 View Post
            i now have the parts to convert these 20 bolt pinafarinas to 3 piece in 18" diameter. havent assembled the set i have here yet though as I have no plans to put them on anything yet. But yes, we here can now get the parts to make them 18"
            18" sound great but i'd like to keep the 17", any chance you can provide something
            to convert to 3pc 17" in the future.
            I'd also like to have slant lips, if that makes any difference.

Originally posted by harlerocco View Post
            I've looked into this on my 16x7.5 2pc Pininfarinas. They are 20 hole so I thought maybe Motorsport stuff would work but it's off by a little bit. I looked into converting to 3pc as well about a year ago but it would have to be completely custom. I would have machined the lip portion off of the barrel to create 4 barrels of the existing parts, then have lips made (cheapest way most likely). .
            I thought about this as well, how much off were the motorsport stuff?

Google is your friend.

Comment

Wow, thought this thread was long gone. Anyway, those are good looking wheels you came across. Finding custom lips and barrels for that would be pretty easy to find for us. It looks like those would be fine to be sandwich mounted as well as there is a register on the front and back side of the face.

Hi Trevor!
              Hella4 | MTechnica Wheels - Wheel Designer | Memoryfab

Comment

I recently acquired a set of wheels with the Bugatti center caps and they appear to be brand new. Can these still be purchased as a new part? I am a fan of having spare parts just in case.

Comment

I recently acquired a set of wheels with the Bugatti center caps and they appear to be brand new. Can these still be purchased as a new part? I am a fan of having spare parts just in case.
                  Yes, you can still buy NOS BBS Bugatti caps.

What wheels did you buy? A friend of mine actually sold his BBS Bugattis not too long ago.

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeBlue View Post
                    I thought about this as well, how much off were the motorsport stuff?
                    They were too small by a small margin if I remember correctly. But mine are 16's, so they'd be quite a bit off for your 17" faces.

Originally posted by Clun9 View Post
                    Hi Trevor!
                    *waves*

As Calvin said, they can be bought new. I have a set I purchased brand new sometime last year that I'm running in my RS001's. 16" and 17" Bugatti/Pininfarina/Moda use the same 70.6mm 3-prong that all RS/RF/RM do. The 15" ones use the smaller 56mm caps. All can still be bought new though. I think my EB caps were something like $20 a piece.
                    StatesideWheel

Comment

Yes, you can still buy NOS BBS Bugatti caps.

What wheels did you buy? A friend of mine actually sold his BBS Bugattis not too long ago.

As Calvin said, they can be bought new. I have a set I purchased brand new sometime last year that I'm running in my RS001's. 16" and 17" Bugatti/Pininfarina/Moda use the same 70.6mm 3-prong that all RS/RF/RM do. The 15" ones use the smaller 56mm caps. All can still be bought new though. I think my EB caps were something like $20 a piece.

I bought these. RF 002 stepped up to 18". Thanks so much for the info guys.

Comment

Mmmmm RFs... Although the only thing I would beware of is that the RFs you have use bubble lips. The bubble lips are spun from thinner material due to being motorsport lips. If you were to mount them on your car, make sure you have enough sidewall on your wheels because otherwise they WILL crack from potholes, expansion joints, etc.

I wanted to build a set of RFs myself for my 337. But I never really liked the 16 step up to 18. I wouldn't mind 17 stepping up to 18s though.

Comment

Wow, thought this thread was long gone.
                          Not gone lol, just took way to long to find a set with nuts/good condition/nice price...

You mentioned work bolts would fit these as a replacement.

Anyway, those are good looking wheels you came across. Finding custom lips and barrels for that would be pretty easy to find for us...
                          It looks like those would be fine to be sandwich mounted as well as there is a register on the front and back side of the face.
                          The centers i posted aren't pininfarinas, but they are made by bbs.

The red line is just to show where i measured the bore of the pininfarina center.
                          Last edited by OrangeBlue; 03-29-2014, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Mmmmm RFs... Although the only thing I would beware of is that the RFs you have use bubble lips. The bubble lips are spun from thinner material due to being motorsport lips. If you were to mount them on your car, make sure you have enough sidewall on your wheels because otherwise they WILL crack from potholes, expansion joints, etc.

I wanted to build a set of RFs myself for my 337. But I never really liked the 16 step up to 18. I wouldn't mind 17 stepping up to 18s though.
                            Thank you for the info. I don't plan to run these daily, just for shows likely. I may end up selling them after February if I can get what I'd like out of them.

Comment

[quote=OrangeBlue;1255265]
                              Wow, thought this thread was long gone./QUOTE]

Not gone lol, just took way to long to find a set with nuts/good condition/nice price...

You mentioned work bolts would fit these as a replacement.

The centers i posted aren't pininfarinas, but they are made by bbs.

The red line is just to show where i measured the bore of the pininfarina center.
                              The Work bolts we used are 8mm triple square but the bolt itself has a bigger diameter than your average RS bolts. The nut was 12mm. Try contacting your local Work wheel dealers.

Comment

bbs amg aero only use 20 hole lips

but i've got no clue on what bolts are in them
                                Last edited by P78; 01-23-2014, 05:02 AM.
                                Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Working...
                                X