No announcement yet.

I've secretly always wanted a wagon, so I bought a 1981 300TD W123

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking good man. Why not real bbs' though?
    @slowprogress

Comment

That thing looks mint! Only thing is that for some reason those wheels don't seem to fit in the looks... Maybe it's because your running such a small profile tires without being actually that "low" if you know what i mean? At that height i would prefer a bit meatier look but thts just my opinion regardless I like the overall look! Followed you on hipstergram
      Last edited by Jazka_; 03-24-2013, 07:02 PM.

Comment

I like it. Got a classy feel to it

/ BMW e91 320dA / Volvo 945 Turbo
        / Ocean Caribien 19xStaggered / Work VS-S5 17xStaggered

Comment

Originally posted by ajohansson View Post
          How did the rear speaker install go? Im gonna go with boston acoustic S45 on the front as they go right in and have no issue with the grill. I have scoured the net trying to find a newer post about this and yours is the very recent. Any info you could provide would be great!

AJ
          The rear speakers were cake, took 8 mins tops each side including solder time.

Let me know what you'd like to know and I'll try my best to describe it.

Originally posted by RubbderDucky View Post
          Thanks boss, you are the man. Loving this thing.
          Thanks man! Best of luck on the 126!

Originally posted by SlowProgress View Post
          Looking good man. Why not real bbs' though?
          I just stumbled onto these on craigslist one day and texted the guy... He ended up saying a price I couldn't resist, so they'll work for now till I plan my next wheel attack. I don't know where I sit with these wheels because after all they are not direct reps of RS's they're more of a RS/RC090 hybrid, yet they're produced by a legit wheel manufacturer(koenig). I have no doubts about the structure of the wheels and I've only owned BBS, ATS, Barrock, and Mercedes wheels before.

Originally posted by Jazka_ View Post
          That thing looks mint! Only thing is that for some reason those wheels don't seem to fit in the looks... Maybe it's because your running such a small profile tires without being actually that "low" if you know what i mean? At that height i would prefer a bit meatier look but thts just my opinion regardless I like the overall look! Followed you on hipstergram
          I get what you're saying, I orginally wanted staggered 16's, but I think once she's bagged the 17's will look perfect tucking in the wells while parked.

Originally posted by thefuzz View Post
          I like it. Got a classy feel to it
          Thanks!
          1981 300TD 4 speed
          2000 BMW M5

Mike Finnelly
          , on Flickr
          IG @michaelfinnelly

Comment

By the way it was prime weather today.

1981 300TD 4 speed
            2000 BMW M5

Mike Finnelly
            , on Flickr
            IG @michaelfinnelly

Comment

dangg....i would seriously would like to get those for a daily....except they cost 40grand over here...

I like it!

Comment

Originally posted by blink_me92 View Post
                dangg....i would seriously would like to get those for a daily....except they cost 40grand over here...

I like it!
                Holy.... 40k? Wow top dollar for a turbo wagon here is about $15-20K. I paid $4500...
                1981 300TD 4 speed
                2000 BMW M5

Mike Finnelly
                , on Flickr
                IG @michaelfinnelly

Comment

Thanks for the info on the speakers. I think im gonna run new wire too.

I think your ride would look sick with the MB round euro headlights.

AJ

Comment

Originally posted by ajohansson View Post
                    Thanks for the info on the speakers. I think im gonna run new wire too.

I think your ride would look sick with the MB round euro headlights.

AJ
                    I had low spec euros on both of my old sedans.

1981 300TD 4 speed
                    2000 BMW M5

Mike Finnelly
                    , on Flickr
                    IG @michaelfinnelly

Comment

love the car, i know a guy in eugene who buys and sells a ton of those cars, happen to remember the dudes name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselwillis View Post
                        love the car, i know a guy in eugene who buys and sells a ton of those cars, happen to remember the dudes name?
                        Can't say I know, I'm not really in Oregon very often... Too many veggie oil freaks down there.
                        1981 300TD 4 speed
                        2000 BMW M5

Mike Finnelly
                        , on Flickr
                        IG @michaelfinnelly

Comment

I broke out my SLR again yesterday. Rolling shots on wednesday.

1981 300TD 4 speed
                          2000 BMW M5

Mike Finnelly
                          , on Flickr
                          IG @michaelfinnelly

Comment

Originally posted by mike-81-240d View Post
                            I broke out my SLR again yesterday. Rolling shots on wednesday.
                            Dammit I better free up my plans

instagram: @elliotjlong

Comment

mercedes turbo diesel performance superturbo superturbodiesel w123 w126 300d 300sd om617 om603 vnt vgt turbo suspension 5speed swaybar gwagen clutch

Have you checked those forums? Your TD has a lot of free hp and torque left:p

Might be interesting for you to look in to!

Comment

This thing looks beautiful, me and my father have nice 190 reasonably dropped on a set of fake bbs' plans for something real when funds allow, but just bought myself a really nice white w124 wagon and your car is great inspiration

Comment

Working...
                                X