X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trans Am GTA wheels

Making them fit...
    Well, they are going on an E30, so obviously I'm going to need adapters. I'm going to run them reversed (fronts on back, back on front) with the (originally) front wheels being 16x8 0 offset, and the rears being 16x8 +16 offset. With that being said, the smallest adapters I could find were 18mm, which would bring my offset effectively to -18 in the rear, and -2 in the front.

For some reason, I feel like this isn't going to work, any input? Planning on running a 195/45/16 all the way around, but I want to know if this is even feasible. I can pull/roll the fuck out of the fenders if needed, but I feel like this is going to be tough to stuff under that car haha.

Any help is greatly appreciated fellas!
    Originally posted by FluidMotorUnion
    Fuck Rotas, I'd rather my wheels not break apart when I drive over a watermelon seed.

100 views and nothing? Come the fuck on guys...
    Fuck Rotas, I'd rather my wheels not break apart when I drive over a watermelon seed.

Comment

Front will be straight with a heavy roll, Rears -18 seems like alot but its only an 8" wheel so you should be cool dude. I plan on running 16x10 ET -30 on my e30 this spring.. Cut fenders n all
      Follow on IG
      amgwheelwhore

Buy my wheels
      Vintage AME Wheels
      RUF Speedline Wheels

Buy my cars
      W115 & W123

Comment

make it work!!!! if there the wheels i think they are they will look super old skool dopeness

Build thread ------> http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1186733#post1186733

Comment

damn, why didnt i think of this when i had my e30??

OP you should be all set, there are people running a lot more aggressive setups than that on stock fenders
          Last edited by 1988montecarloss; 02-27-2013, 08:13 PM.

Comment

It will poke for sure but should be ok. You're going to need a very good roll and narrow running tires. Should poke a little over .5" all around.

Originally posted by Lt. Dangle View Post
            100 views and nothing? Come the fuck on guys...
            Because we're only here to help you, right?

Comment

Haha thanks fellas, sorry if that came off dick-ish, it was more one of those things where I chuckled like "heh, come the fuck on"..

Anyhow, thanks for the advice ballers, and yeah I will be rolling the shit out of em and hopefully shit will look/fit dope, better than all the bitchboys round here on xxr's with balloon tires and shit.

What tire would you suggest, and do you think 195/45/16 is gonna be good or ?

As for the wheels, these are them:

Comment

All the tires available in 195/45 run wide, you'd be better off going with a skinny 205/45 such as a falken 512, a fusion zri or a nankang ns2

Comment

Well thank ya sir!

Well, sounds like I need to get the car here, then get some tires on these dudes, and slap em under there.

Comment

I got a set off those and I was hoping to run them on an e30 myself. You should definitely post pics of the end result

Comment

I will definitely be posting up my results, I'm going to start refinishing the wheels this week, and possibly order some adapters.

Comment

i cant wait to see how this looks

Comment

I have this set up.

Rears will be way too much without some work.
                          I used 18mm adaptors all round,
                          But i also got the rear wheels shaved down 4mm and the fronts shaved down 3mm and also got the rear discs shaved 3mm to give me an offset of et-11 rear and et 1 fronts

Ive got 195/40 toyo rear and 195/45 fronts

This pic is before i changed the brake discs on the rear, after I changed them it made a huge difference and they fitted much better

Comment

looks good. And very similar to hre/hayashi 504

Comment

Do it!!!!
                              My build thread
                              http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=46573

INSTAGRAM @ARTWORKBYLOCALLOU

Comment

Working...
                              X