This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18x8... what tire do you recommend?

I've got a set of 8 inch wide wheels I need some tire opinions for....

I'm running a 215/35/18 toyo t1-r on two of them that I really like, but its time to change the fronts.

Would you recommend staying with the same size or go to a 205/40/18? (maybe even a 205/35/18?)

I'm testing out tire fitments and I want to see what will look the best, then I will run the same size tire all around so I can rotate. I want to find the perfect fit before I go out and buy 4 tires in the same size.

Thx mucho guys!

-Jake

"Auto Detailing by Jake," servicing the Southern California auto enthusiast community.

Detailing Dough --> College dues. Which leaves $____ for e36. D'oh.

Jake, you've seen my wheels and tires. they are 17x8.

i run 205/40/17 Fuzion ZRis.

You can test fit em if you want.
    -Brandon
    E46 No More..
    Her Concise History:
    http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=778655

Comment

Originally posted by southpaw View Post
      Jake, you've seen my wheels and tires. they are 17x8.

i run 205/40/17 Fuzion ZRis.

You can test fit em if you want.
      I wish they were 18s

tirerack only sells a 215/35/18, not a 205/40/18... damn

"Auto Detailing by Jake," servicing the Southern California auto enthusiast community.

Comment

205/40 and 215/35 will probably look very similar in terms of stretch on an 18x8, depending on what tire they are. If you need a good stretch I would suggest the 215/35-18 Falken ZE512 from Discount Tire:

Comment

Just a warning, ZE512's are easily THE WORST tires I have ever owned. My car was so loose.

Comment

Originally posted by SeanDub View Post
            Just a warning, ZE512's are easily THE WORST tires I have ever owned. My car was so loose.
            eepp, thx for the heads up!

what's your opinion on the toyo t1-r's vs. the fuzion zr i's?

Comment

Never rolled on Toyos, ZRi's are alright but they have a fairly flimsy sidewall which you can feel. But thats why they stretch well..

Comment

Originally posted by TheJakeR View Post
                eepp, thx for the heads up!

what's your opinion on the toyo t1-r's vs. the fuzion zr i's?

That is not even a comparison. You are comparing one of Toyos top performance tires against Fuzion's 'high performance tire' that is based off the Birdgestone Grid All Season Performance tire.

In terms of grip it is no contest.

Originally posted by SeanDub View Post
                It is an all season 'performance' tire. That kind of performance can be expected. On my e30 I thought they were fun because they are predictable and easy to toss around.

For a daily on something that is slammed. Would work just fine.

Comment

I ***** them with an absolute passion and got rid of them after a month.

Comment

I was just stating that your review on an E36 M3 is to be expected. It is a 360 treadwear, A Traction, A Temp tire. It is hard, like the Fuzion ZRi and doesn't have all that much grip. Combine that with an All-Season tread compound and you get loose feeling.

For what they are though they are predictable and get decent life out of them.

Comment

It wasnt even on my e36. They were on my GS-R and couldnt hang. Shitty tire IMO

Comment

T1-Rs are awesome.

Mick just ordered a set for his Mitos. Think he got 205/35 and 215/35. Going on 8s and 9s.

If you're gonna buy T1-Rs, Les Schwabs 10% off right now (at least around here)

Still expensive though. w/o install (I'll be installing them) they're costing him 860 or so.

2004 350Z Twin Turbo

Comment

Originally posted by 1985zcar View Post
                          T1-Rs are awesome.

Mick just ordered a set for his Mitos. Think he got 205/35 and 215/35. Going on 8s and 9s.

If you're gonna buy T1-Rs, Les Schwabs 10% off right now (at least around here)

Still expensive though. w/o install (I'll be installing them) they're costing him 860 or so.
                          Shh.
                          haha your mounting them fuck les schwab

Comment

I run a AWD VW R32 that isn't slammed but more into performance and occasional track. I run 225/40/18 up front and staggered rear with 10's with 255/35/18. I like continental extremes they hug the corners rather well.
                            independently owned

Comment

Working...
                            X