Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with everyone who said the 40D. I just bought mine last month and I got it for $580.

Comment

Yeah, I started with an XSi and bought a 40D about a year and a half later. It was great to learn on but extremely uncomfortable to use for long periods of time. The 40D fits so nice in my hands I never put it down
      Last edited by Withers; 02-12-2010, 08:37 AM.
      Jason
      flickr
      build thread

Comment

OK, now that I know what camera to get, which version of Photoshop should I buy?

Comment

Unless you already know Photoshop, I would start with Lightroom personally. It's cheaper, easier to use, and the learning curve is way lower.

If you know any teachers they can get a hell of a good discount on Adobe products.
          Jason
          flickr
          build thread

Comment

Originally posted by VicSkimmr View Post
            Unless you already know Photoshop, I would start with Lightroom personally. It's cheaper, easier to use, and the learning curve is way lower.

If you know any teachers they can get a hell of a good discount on Adobe products.
            I work at 4 colleges. I think I might be able to find a teacher. Thanks for the info!

Comment

Originally posted by UnitedWeStance... View Post
              I work at 4 colleges. I think I might be able to find a teacher. Thanks for the info!
              if your enrolled as a student it's actually cheaper than the Teacher editions. . .

i.e. CS4 Production Premium= Retail-$1699.00 Teacher-$538.95 student-$388.95

BTW the above are adobe's min. advertised price, here at vandy the student version is actually even cheaper than that!

Make sure your eligible before purchasign as Adobe will not release the activation code until you validate your student status.

Eligibility infohere

Comment

Also this:

You could sell off the stuff you don't need/want and recoup quite a bit of the price I'd imagine. I'd personally be interested in the flash and grip.
                Jason
                flickr
                build thread

Comment

Originally posted by VicSkimmr View Post
                  Also this:

You could sell off the stuff you don't need/want and recoup quite a bit of the price I'd imagine. I'd personally be interested in the flash and grip.
                  Thanks for that! I just posted about the body. We'll see what he says....I would buy everything but I just don't have 1300 bucks laying around...

Comment

Working...
                  X