No announcement yet.

Kibur's 1986 BMW 528e

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thats the best look for this. it ended up good dude. stoked for you.

instagram-brandonmckiernannn

Comment

thats a classic model to look upon, i loved the way and furnishing of this car....
      Fashion Jewellery

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonMcKiernan View Post
        thats the best look for this. it ended up good dude. stoked for you.
        Originally posted by FannieWeaver View Post
        thats a classic model to look upon, i loved the way and furnishing of this car....
        thank you guys!
        1986 BMW 528e - Delphin Grey - 5spd
        1986 Toyota Cressida - Dark Blue Metallic - 1JZ VVTI swap, AR5 transmission
        1990 Honda Civic Wagon - Rio Red - Daily Driver
        Instagram: @kibur

Comment

Very nice. I fought with getting my spindles off for the first time last week. I could do it at my leisure and was still was frustrated, so, I respect you having to do it in 24 hours with the obstacles that you ran into and getting it done. Car looks good. Any advice for anyone thinking of running those sleeves? What springs rates are you using and how does it ride?
          DEL SOL BUILD THREAD
          E28 BUILD THREAD

I am.... SICKWITHTHEPEN

Comment

Originally posted by kibur View Post
            However, as far as the "car scene" goes, I'd rather not be associated with it or even bother spending time and energy with it. There's a lot of negativity and bullshit, and I'd really rather not be associated with it because everyone in the scene gives me shit for "crying" over the fact I tell people not to act like such douchebags towards eachother. From here on out, my focus is going to be on school, getting myself to a respectable place in life, and saving up/collecting parts for my next build... a build that will incorporate style, stance, and most importantly performance into one package.
            I thought this way for a long while as well, and I will say that while focusing on school/savings/life are what you should be doing first and foremost at this stage of your life, don't leave the "car scene" totally. Yeah there's a lot of crap and negativity in it, but that will occur in nearly every place in your life. The trick is to not let the negative shit impact how much you enjoy the car scene. We need more people in the scene being positive, building each other up, and being stoked on each others builds while offering respectful critiques where they're needed. Without people like that, the scene will be left to the attention whores and the immature. I for one am not going to let that happen, I care too much about this hobby to let that happen. I already let that shit ruin BMX for me, never again. /rant.
            Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley
            2016 Ducati Scrambler, 2015 Subaru Impreza

Comment

Originally posted by los02 View Post
              Very nice. I fought with getting my spindles off for the first time last week. I could do it at my leisure and was still was frustrated, so, I respect you having to do it in 24 hours with the obstacles that you ran into and getting it done. Car looks good. Any advice for anyone thinking of running those sleeves? What springs rates are you using and how does it ride?
              Thank you, it was quite wild making it happen for h2o. I was glad to have made it down there. The rears were extremely easy, the hole in the top hat needed to be drilled out slightly more and there was no cutting, grinding, welding, etc involved. The fronts however were very tough to do though, but I've been told any coilover application for these cars is kind of tough to install.

Unfortunately I don't know the spring rates used but I can tell you this - they aren't amazing. However, I attribute the fact that it still maintained good ride quality to the Bilstein Sport shocks and struts that I run. The ride is slightly bouncy on roads that aren't great, but the ride quality is far from unbearable. I enjoy driving it and I almost never bottom out, unless there is a huge dip in the road that would cause any lowered car to bottom out.

Originally posted by theseeker411 View Post
              I thought this way for a long while as well, and I will say that while focusing on school/savings/life are what you should be doing first and foremost at this stage of your life, don't leave the "car scene" totally. Yeah there's a lot of crap and negativity in it, but that will occur in nearly every place in your life. The trick is to not let the negative shit impact how much you enjoy the car scene. We need more people in the scene being positive, building each other up, and being stoked on each others builds while offering respectful critiques where they're needed. Without people like that, the scene will be left to the attention whores and the immature. I for one am not going to let that happen, I care too much about this hobby to let that happen. I already let that shit ruin BMX for me, never again. /rant.
              I've kind of realized this. It bums me out how many people are assholes in the scene, but I have met some of the best people in my life through the car scene. In a lot of ways, my car and getting into the car scene has provided a lot of motivation for me, and it's helped me get out from heading towards rock bottom with a lot of friends who have become dead ends.

I've grown frustrated especially with people my age - who I feel are focused solely on attention. I went to a meet yesterday and a bunch of faux drift bros started acting like idiots in a parking lot, doing drifts and burnouts for 20 minutes straight... and it gives everyone a bad name. I try my best to be positive and helpful, but as the kids get younger, especially the people like me in our early 20's, a lot of the people are just straight up set on building a car so they can get internet fame or some sort of attention. This all just means too much to me to let idiots ruin it.

Also, here's a picture of my car after it was all aligned and dialed in.

Comment

Looks killer, I feel you on the immature people. I'm trying to focus most of my time on school, and a tiny bit on cars.
                1981 300TD 4 speed
                2000 BMW M5

Mike Finnelly
                , on Flickr
                IG @michaelfinnelly

Comment

looks so good man!
                  E30 Buildthread
                  http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=34177
                  IG: Logyt

e28 sig by logyt, on Flickr

Comment

looks great bud!

IG: Nick475

Comment

Lookin good my dude
                      Insta: @pantiesmores

Build: http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...hlight=versace

Comment

Originally posted by mike-81-240d View Post
                        Looks killer, I feel you on the immature people. I'm trying to focus most of my time on school, and a tiny bit on cars.
                        Hell yeah man, that's how it should be. There's just a lot of immature people that are insecure and have nothing going on in their lives besides their cars.

Originally posted by logyt View Post
                        looks so good man!
                        Originally posted by Nick475 View Post
                        looks great bud!
                        Originally posted by Queef|Chief View Post
                        Lookin good my dude
                        Thanks you guys , stay based Queef|Cheef hahaha

Here's one more picture, figured why not

Comment

why have you not changed bumpers.... great wheels tho

Comment

Originally posted by willshaffer View Post
                            why have you not changed bumpers.... great wheels tho
                            Euro bumpers are expensive, and I'd lose the IS valence that I love! I'll go euro eventually, saving up to get a set of Euro grilles/lights first.

Comment

Kevin, whatever happened to those southern ways?!

Comment

Originally posted by Zack Bennett View Post
                                Kevin, whatever happened to those southern ways?!
                                Cracked face that was completely unrepairable. I sold them because I was in a pinch for money, and sold em to a fellow who was able to make them work on his E3 Bavaria.

I'll locate and rock another set someday

Comment

Working...
                                X