Kibur's 1986 BMW 528e

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kibur View Post
    you think I'd need to roll them just a little bit more? I love the wheels, but I just don't want to pull my fenders. I want to be able to put my BBS RX's or my steelies in the winter and not be hellasunk with huge, but paperthin fenders. the whole stance thing gets fucking ridiculous...i'm just simply not going to pull my fenders out on a mint car lol
    I totally understand man, I agree its getting a little ridiculous. I don't think that you will have problems with those specs to be honest. it will be flush but no crazy poke or anything. if anything check out an offset calculator that will compare the wheels you have on your car now to the wheels you are looking to get, you can also take some measurements on the actual car since you know all the specs of the wheels

Comment

Originally posted by rab71 View Post
      Car is in great shape! Nice tasteful mods, good job!
      Thank you very much! That is the point of this build - to have it stand out, but still be tasteful and timeless. I want this to look like the kind of car that would have broke just as many necks in the late '80's and early '90's when these cars were still somewhat commonplace as it would now.

Originally posted by tcturbo91 View Post
      I totally understand man, I agree its getting a little ridiculous. I don't think that you will have problems with those specs to be honest. it will be flush but no crazy poke or anything. if anything check out an offset calculator that will compare the wheels you have on your car now to the wheels you are looking to get, you can also take some measurements on the actual car since you know all the specs of the wheels
      Well, that's good. I think that there is no doubt I'll be test fitting these wheels before I decide to make a purchase or not. This is my first time doing all of this and to be completely honest, I'm overwhelmed and I just don't want to fuck up and make my car look like shit.
      1986 BMW 528e - Delphin Grey - 5spd
      1986 Toyota Cressida - Dark Blue Metallic - 1JZ VVTI swap, AR5 transmission
      1990 Honda Civic Wagon - Rio Red - Daily Driver
      Instagram: @kibur

Comment

For what it's worth, this car and this "build" are on hold until further notice.

Comment

For what it's worth, this car and this "build" are on hold until further notice.
          At the time of this post, I was defeated. I had just lost over $200 on the Epsilons after finding the crack in the face while refinishing them. I had two jobs, but put one on hold to get trained at the second job. The second job let me go, and the first job no longer needed me. So at this point I was unemployed, pretty low on money, taking summer classes, and looking for a job while trying to finish up school work. I needed to put this car on hold, and get my shit together for the time being.

However, tomorrow, H2O prep begins for me after working and saving up during the summer (yes, I found another job for the summer). The E28 will be given a bit of new life. After working all summer, I'm purchasing new wheels on Thursday. The wheels will be one piece, period correct, and I feel they will fit the car well. I also have a few other plans up my sleeve (the plans do involve sleeves ), nothing crazy but some progress will be made on the good ol' Bimmer again and I truly cannot wait.

I've always been the kind of guy who has been specific with planning things, and this is just another step on the E28. After talking to a friend, I should be picking up splits after h2o to refinish during the winter. After picking up the splits, my second car, a 1986 Toyota Cressida, will be getting a nice little makeover as well. The plans for the Cressy are BC Coilovers as well as refinishing a set of wheels for it that I picked up a bit ago. Below is a picture I took during a test fit of the wheels at my buddy Kenny's house.

So, FINGERS CROSSED ALL GOES WELL, the E28 will not only be looking awesome for H2O, but also receiving some more changes in the spring/summer time of next year. And the Cressida should be finished for by the winter/spring time.
          Last edited by kibur; 09-09-2013, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Still have to see the Cressida in person, and get some hangz in. I dig the wheels you picked out, theyre perfect.
            '93 Jaguar XJ6 4 liter.
            '85 GMC S15 Sierra long bed.
            '01 BMW 740iL
            Instagram @bennkishh

Comment

At the time of this post, I was defeated. I had just lost over $200 on the Epsilons after finding the crack in the face while refinishing them. I had two jobs, but put one on hold to get trained at the second job. The second job let me go, and the first job no longer needed me. So at this point I was unemployed, pretty low on money, taking summer classes, and looking for a job while trying to finish up school work. I needed to put this car on hold, and get my shit together for the time being.

However, tomorrow, H2O prep begins for me after working and saving up during the summer (yes, I found another job for the summer). The E28 will be given a bit of new life. After working all summer, I'm purchasing new wheels on Thursday. The wheels will be one piece, period correct, and I feel they will fit the car well. I also have a few other plans up my sleeve (the plans do involve sleeves ), nothing crazy but some progress will be made on the good ol' Bimmer again and I truly cannot wait.

I've always been the kind of guy who has been specific with planning things, and this is just another step on the E28. After talking to a friend, I should be picking up splits after h2o to refinish during the winter. After picking up the splits, my second car, a 1986 Toyota Cressida, will be getting a nice little makeover as well. The plans for the Cressy are BC Coilovers as well as refinishing a set of wheels for it that I picked up a bit ago. Below is a picture I took during a test fit of the wheels at my buddy Kenny's house.

So, FINGERS CROSSED ALL GOES WELL, the E28 will not only be looking awesome for H2O, but also receiving some more changes in the spring/summer time of next year. And the Cressida should be finished for by the winter/spring time.
              those effin wheels look so sick man, and quite an improvement from the other ones, its always delightful to see an older BMW guild build up on here, and definitely gives me a streak of hope for my future build (which has yet to happen ) but props brethren.

Comment

Originally posted by bennkishh View Post
                Still have to see the Cressida in person, and get some hangz in. I dig the wheels you picked out, theyre perfect.
                yes we definitely need to hang out soon! the cressida is still bone stock so it's nothing special... yet

Comment

Originally posted by AKToyotaluv View Post
                  those effin wheels look so sick man, and quite an improvement from the other ones, its always delightful to see an older BMW guild build up on here, and definitely gives me a streak of hope for my future build (which has yet to happen ) but props brethren.
                  that's the cressida/the wheels going on it, but thank you very much for your kind words! the wheels going on the bmw will be much nicer, i promise.

Comment

These should be on for h2o. They are Schmidt Modern Lines, and I have to thank Mike from DCIVW for driving up from VA to get these to me, as well as waiting around for me to get the cash together for them.

I'm about to tackle wet-sanding for the first time this weekend, wish me luck!

Comment

fuck yeah fuck yeah fuck yeah

IG: Nick475

Comment

dudeeee yessssssss

instagram-brandonmckiernannn

Comment

I've decided that I need to make a comprehensive list of all the things I need to get done before H2O. I also have a lot of questions, so any help and/or answers is seriously appreciated.

Needs
                          - Get the Schmidt's re-painted or powdered. I was thinking a simple color, like a BBS silver?
                          - I need to refinish the lips on the Schmidt's, and refinish my bumpers. I've heard aircraft remover does wonders, but I have not a single clue where to start on that, or if it would cause damage. I've also heard wet-sanding does a good job, but I have no idea what to do as far as that goes either, and I really cannot afford to risk damaging anything at this point. I just want to get rid of the dead clearcoat on my bumpers to make them shine, as well as get the lips on the Schmidt's looking nice and shiny because they have a fair amount of dead clearcoat as well.
                          - Cat's out of the bag: I am getting coil sleeves in order to convert from lowering springs to coilovers. I think the install should be fine, but how should I go about camber adjustment, especially in the front?
                          - My car currently has a set of 205/60/15's on it. I love the meaty look, but would getting a set of 205/45/15's or even 205/50/15's be a smart call? I have never rubbed before with this setup, but I have concerns running this meaty of tires and going about an inch or so lower.
                          - I'd really like to make a skid plate of some sort, anyone have suggestions as far as what to use? I've heard street signs get the job done. Really looking for anything to provide pan protection for the time being, or at least until I can afford a Raceskids plate.
                          - I also plan on buffing my paint for the first time, hopefully within a few days of H2O.

Wants - these are things I can pull off if I have the cash to do so, but won't be bummed if I can't make it happen.
                          - I wanted to do an exhaust of some sort, just so I have some aggressive pipes. I'd want them to stick out a tiny bit past the bumper, and maybe bent a little bit up. The 533/535/M5 all have dual pipes and the 528e has just a single pipe, so I'm looking to go for two pipes instead of one.
                          - I want some LSD maaaaaaan, but really. Looking for a 3.25 or preferably a 3.46 LSD for my car.

Comment

yo kevin i broke my phone. but ive got a set of 205 50 15's. if you wanna meet up i could give you the steelies back. and 50 for the tires?

IG: Nick475

Comment

Originally posted by Nick475 View Post
                              yo kevin i broke my phone. but ive got a set of 205 50 15's. if you wanna meet up i could give you the steelies back. and 50 for the tires?
                              message me on facebook! that sounds pretty good to me, just let me know some specifics. i may be down in newark next week because my buddy is getting some work on his benz done down there and I was gonna cruise down with him

Comment

Test fit time.

Rear wheels.

Front wheels.

Pretty close to hitting the struts in the front, I think I'm gonna do 10mm spacers all around.
                                Last edited by kibur; 10-05-2013, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X