No announcement yet.

Kibur's 1986 BMW 528e

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks damn good so far , Makes me want to go with 15's for some reason . Love the meat look
    Instagram - Bavarian_Steel
    My E28 Build

Comment

Good stuff man!!! I'm glad you got the gottis from stirrett. They looked sweet on Ethel and its good to see em being used on another e28. I enjoy seeing pics and updates of your car on IG. Just know there is an asian boy somewhere on the east coast that stalks your instagram because hes in love with your car. hahah. keep the updates coming bro!!!
      Check my build thread out too! I need some help and inspriration!
      Post your build threads here! Keep us updated on what you're doing in your garage.
      IG: @uncle_rickey
      c126 coupe

Comment

cut that nose !

IG : TARTOCITRONN

Comment

Originally posted by Aweather View Post
          Nice 528! What kind of front euro bumper do you have? Most others need new blinkers and foglights, yours looks like it just fits over the originals. Where can I find the one you have? Thanks!
          it's just an m-tech valence that is found on the 535is and the m5. you'll need brackets to run it but it's well worth it. it is an absolute must for US bumper cars and I love it.

Originally posted by 12vsex View Post
          Looks damn good so far , Makes me want to go with 15's for some reason . Love the meat look
          thank you! I may eventually switch up to some Compomotive rally wheels that my friend has, depends on if I can get enough cash together. right now things are kind of tight, as I am swapping a 1jzgte into my cressida.

Originally posted by volkswagger84 View Post
          Good stuff man!!! I'm glad you got the gottis from stirrett. They looked sweet on Ethel and its good to see em being used on another e28. I enjoy seeing pics and updates of your car on IG. Just know there is an asian boy somewhere on the east coast that stalks your instagram because hes in love with your car. hahah. keep the updates coming bro!!!
          Check my build thread out too! I need some help and inspriration!
          http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=70867
          hey, thank you for the kind words! I truly appreciate it. hopefully we can link up sometime. I love your builds as well, such a shame seeing some of the bad luck you've encountered.

Andrew was one of the first people to be incredibly helpful when I first got this car, so by default Ethel was one of my favorite cars and somewhat of an inspiration. It's an honor to have on the same wheels that she once graced, but more importantly I love all the friendship and tradition held in that set of wheels, and amongst all of our cars.

Originally posted by FRANKIBOY27 View Post
          cut that nose !
          I could never! I love the US bumpers, it's a free bench wherever I go.

Gonna update this with a handful of posts full of text/photo, it's been a while since I've touched down in this thread. To be honest, I don't consider this much of a build. It's suspension, wheels, a steering wheel, a stereo and now a straight pipe. However, this car has introduced me to so many good friends, so many good times and I do daily drive it. So I guess I'll be showing some pictures of my story with this car for about the past year.
          1986 BMW 528e - Delphin Grey - 5spd
          1986 Toyota Cressida - Dark Blue Metallic - 1JZ VVTI swap, AR5 transmission
          1990 Honda Civic Wagon - Rio Red - Daily Driver
          Instagram: @kibur

Comment

2014 recap

So, the car made it down to H2O 2014 with no problems. I'd say this was one of the best my car ever looked, I did a ton of prep work to make sure of it. Unfortunately, the weekend was packed with tons of traffic. But that didn't stop me from having an amazing time.

Pics with some homies. Aaron's got the mk2, and Domingo's got the E38, all static.

Obligatory hardstyle picture with my pal Ben.

Some night time rollers.

Gas station picture on the way home with our buddy Patrick and his E34, also static.

Dat sunset. One of my favorite pictures I've ever taken while driving, this has been my lock screen on my phone ever since I took it. I have a ton more pictures from that year's H2O, but I'll try to keep it somewhat brief.

Posted up with a buddy's 190E. That car is for sale if anyone is interested, manual 2.3 8v car.

Some pictures from First Class Fitment 2014. I didn't get in the show, but a few homies snapped some cool pictures.

Some awesome photos from my pal Blaise Freeman. He's one of the nicest guys and best photographers I know.

Kind of an end of the year recap photo for 2014. Hammered on 15's, breaking subframes, getting in an accident, straightening it out and making the car the best it ever did on a nice set of Gottis. In the bottom corner are a set of Mille Miglias that I was going to run as winter wheels, but "all season" tires can't handle a PA winter for crap, so that plan was nixed pretty quickly.

Damn, those Mille's looked pretty cool though. Never knew how I'd feel about 17's on this car, and I ended up enjoying it quite a bit.

Craigslist be like "never seen salt or a winter before"
            I can joke about it now, but I strongly dislike the fact I have to daily drive and put my car through this shit a lot of the time.

Ended up tossing some meaty snow tires on some 15" E36 steelies I had laying around.

Last but not least, here are some pictures my friend Anthony took forever to get to me, but I'm glad they finally saw the light of day. These two pictures are so crisp, and they are some of my favorite shots ever. I love the second shot, because that was a great day and you can see that on my face.
            Last edited by kibur; 10-15-2015, 06:16 PM.

Comment

2015 so far

Traded the Mille's for some Kosei K1's. One of my favorite sets of wheels I've ever owned, hopefully I can come across another set someday. They look great, they are cheap and they are so light.

Being a little bit of a wheel whore, 6 different sets in 6 months.

Sold the K1's, rocked the RX's for a bit. Here's my brother and I posted up. His 944 is a work of art.

Shocker, I ended up back on the Gottis again.

Posted with my buddy Ryan and his static E39, this was right before we went to Cult Classic in Coopersburg, PA.

Hardstyling with my pal James at MK1 Madness. James is one of the nicest folks I've ever met through this whole car thing, and he's all the way from Canada. It's pretty crazy how cars can bring us all together like this.

Posted with the homie Minty Jonny from Delaware, eating some kickass burritos.

Threw new front coils in the car around august, which was a much needed improvement! The previous front struts were beyond blown out. I upgraded to kyb's from a mk2 vw, with shortened strut housings and camber plates. This setup rode great and could go pretty dang low.

There's a first for everything right? Luckily got this fixed properly before H2O, after a few failed JB weld attempts. That stuff doesn't hold up as great as a lot of people claim it does.

On my way into Bimmerfest this year.

My pals Aaron and Domingo moved to Colorado. It's crazy how exactly a year before this picture was taken, we were all at h2o together. But life moves fast, and I know these dudes are up to great things!

And I made it to h2o this year!!! What a time it was. Here I am posted up with my buddy Dan, he's a super great guy and it was awesome having him come up from Jacksonville to hang!

Pat, Dan and I on the beach.

Got to meet some great dudes from MD while I was down there! Glad to call these dudes my new pals.

Last cruise of the strip in MD and I blew out my front strut top hat. It was pretty friggin' scary to look back in my rear view and see metal going down the road.

So that's where I'm at right now. I go to school in the city so the car is just kinda chillaxin' for the moment until I get new top hats. Yes, I can drive it a bit (and did drive it home from MD), but I'd prefer not to drive it extensively for the time being until that matter is sorted out.

Last but not least, here's a cool shot of my car that Sam Dobbins took at h2o! as someone who studies journalism and appreciates photography, I've looked up to Sam and More than More's work for a while now. with that being said, this photo put a huge smile on my face!

Comment

Hell yeah dude

instagram-brandonmckiernannn

Comment

on a trip down to MD to visit some friends, the cooling system ran into issues and the car would not stay cool after lots of diagnosis. a friend back home was able to pinpoint that the turbine in the water pump had went bad, had play, and was not properly cooling the rest of the motor. after fixing the cooling system at 1:45 on christmas morning, I was backing the car out of the garage and the pedal went to the floor. my buddy hopped into the car to pump the pedal by hand. there was a loud bang, I looked on the floor, and there was brake fluid as well as part of the slave cylinder. so all of that stuff has been replaced as well.

List of maintenance done recently
                  - new clutch kit (sachs oem)
                  - new slave cylinder
                  - resurfaced oem flywheel
                  - water pump
                  - timing belt
                  - valve cover gaskets
                  - resealed entire front of the motor

Maintenance that still needs to be covered
                  - new idler arm (steering shakes like crazy)
                  - new rear struts
                  - new rear axles (rubber boot is torn)
                  - new rear brakes
                  - new seats of some sort, preferably sport seats

if anyone local to philadelphia, PA (or really anywhere on the east coast) has leads on delphin parts cars or sport seats, let me know! willing to travel in order to secure the items I need.

Comment

Originally posted by kibur View Post
                    if anyone local to philadelphia, PA (or really anywhere on the east coast) has leads on delphin parts cars or sport seats, let me know! willing to travel in order to secure the items I need.
                    still on the hunt for these items.

Comment

• Bumpity Bump.

Still have the E28?

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkyoshi154 View Post
                        Bumpity Bump.

Still have the E28?
                        Hey, I do have it. I actually drove it down to H2O this past year, though it has been driven sparingly since then. However, prior to H2O, I was daily driving the car, and I'm pretty glad that I am not doing that anymore. This car has been incredibly good to me over the years, but it is time to finally give it the love it deserves, and retire it from daily driving duties - which are not kind to a lowered car in Pennsylvania.

Here are a few photos of it at H2O in 2017.

(photo by tyler callaway)

(photo by ashton shaffer)

Also picked up these seats, which are a desperately needed replacement for the destroyed comfort seats.
                        Last edited by kibur; 03-19-2018, 01:54 PM.

Comment

• Jealous of the seats, and damn if it's low!

Comment

Working...
                          X