Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fabricated Motorsports Grand Sport Speedway Car meet and Drift/Road Racing event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fabricated Motorsports Grand Sport Speedway Car meet and Drift/Road Racing event

Go to this link for even more details! http://fabricatedmotorsports.com/for...p?topic=1413.0

Fabricated Motorsports is bringing you an exciting event at Grand Sport Speedway, near Houston, TX. If you love cars we will have an awesome day for you filled with modified cars, a live DJ, smokey drifting, fast road racing, rows of awesome slammed cars on flush wheels, girls, vendors, a full race track, and more! Everyone is encouraged to bring their own cool cars out to hard park and be a part of the spectacle, and we will have a specific show area for this! Talented photographers will be on hand from online blogs picking out interesting cars for future features. All this will be in a laid back, relaxed atmosphere, without any competitions or worries. Just enjoy yourself and the awesome cars!

Spectators will cost $5 at the gate. There is no cost to show your car at the meet, and a special area will be provided for all modified cars away from the general parking lot if you want to participate. Spectators should arrive between 9:30am - 5pm. Reentry will be allowed with your attached wristband on your arm, so you can come and go as you please.

Both road racing and drifting will cost $150 per driver. Drivers should arrive at 8 am sharp. Spots will be limited, so if you wait till the last minute, you probably won’t get a spot. Register as early as possible if you want to drive. Registration is ONLINE only, and must be done before the event.

Please go to Fabricatedmotorsports.com for more info, such as directions, scheduling, rules, etc.

----------------

Vendor spots are still available. Several local shops and businesses have RSVP'ed and will have full booths with products, hot cars, and hot girls on display! We are looking for more classy vendors, so please contact aaronlosey on fabricatedmotorsports.com/forum for details!

---------

Convertibles - Road racers need a roll bar. Drifters need a full cage. Any roll cages or bars need to be padded with approved material if you head can come in contact with it.

Racing suits - If your car has a fuel cell in the interior of the car, or is a full race car that requires a racing suit for some reason, then it is required. Otherwise, they are not.

Helmets - Obviously. They must be Snell approved.

Leaks - Your car may not have them.

Wheel spacers - Just make sure you have enough thread engagement on your lug nuts, we will be checking for this. This was a problem in the past.

Battery Tie Downs - This is mandatory. All batteries must be tied down.

Car sharing - This is fine, but you will be put in to different run groups.

Registration - You must paypal your 150 entry fee to erinshill at gmail.com. Replace the at with an @. Add 3 % to the total, or choose the personal option in paypal payment. Don't forget to include your full name, type of car, and the event you are registering for. There will be a registration cap, and if you want a spot, I suggest you get it early, since you never know when we will do another drifting road course event.

Track rules - Will be explained at the drivers meeting. Basically bring a running car that will pass a simple safety check.

Volunteers - I need a LOT of volunteers to help make this work. I will need about 8 corner workers, and about another 4 or so beyond that. You will be fed and watered all day, and your spectator fee will be free. No drivers can volunteer. You will be close to the action though, and should have a great time. You will not be paid, hence the volunteer part.

Photography and video people. There will be a few spots open for people to get out on track to do this, but only a couple. You will have to get with me early to secure a spot. You must go to this thread and put your name in the hat, I won't be checking anywhere else. http://fabricatedmotorsports.com/for...p?topic=1413.0

Ride alongs - Probably no passengers, we will see.

Racing suits - If you are a drifter with a racing suit, and a prepared car, please bring it and wear it. It will make the track feel more comfortable.

Please refer to this link to ask any questions you want answered, because this post will get linked all over the place, and I won't be everywhere to answer questions.

Some of the Texas peeps on here might know these events. I hope some of you guys come out and enjoy yourselves, they are really fun!

Comment

Everyone needs to go to this! Make it a big deal.

Ps if you are in Texas and dont know about Aaron or the Fabricated events, get to googling.

Comment

Everybody that lives in Texas and likes cars needs to go to this. Even if you can't drive, either because your car is FWD or you can't afford it, this is event is going to be big and crazy. I'll be there and I'm sure a few of the other Fabulous guys will be there too.
        ShakotanOscar.blogspot.com
        Fabulous Street Scene

Comment

Thanks for the good word guys! I'm trying to provide a cool place for car people to gather and hang out, display their cars for free like a car meet, have a DJ on hand, lots of entertainment from the drift cars, yada yada yada. Kinda like a car meet without getting run off by the police, or showing up and there are only 5 people there and you **** them all.

This event should be RAD!

Comment

It will be awesome, let me know if you need help. But im not working grid without a megaphone haha, Houston was a mess!

Comment

i literally jus joined this forum i mean minutes ago lol, and this makes me so happy , all i see is crazy cali meets with dumpt cars and drifts show, never in texas, but it looks like there is light at the end of the tunnel, i really want to make this and ill post it up in all the forum down south of texas
              sigpic
              IG: @gman1227_

Comment

Originally posted by gman1227 View Post
                i literally jus joined this forum i mean minutes ago lol, and this makes me so happy , all i see is crazy cali meets with dumpt cars and drifts show, never in texas, but it looks like there is light at the end of the tunnel, i really want to make this and ill post it up in all the forum down south of texas
                NST and fabricated motorsports hold drift events at mineral wells quite often... not to mention HIN... there are lots of drift events held in Texas

Visit my blog! It needs some freinds...http://yummystreetcandy.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by hotdoghogie View Post
                  NST and fabricated motorsports hold drift events at mineral wells quite often... not to mention HIN... there are lots of drift events held in Texas
                  i guess i havent been look in the right place
                  sigpic
                  IG: @gman1227_

Comment

Two drift events a month. One in Houston, normally at GGP. And one in MIneral Wells.

Comment

I'm ( Fabricated Motorsports ), pretty much the only organization that throws events in Texas, or anywhere close to Texas anymore. I have been throwing them since 2004, and have about 50+ under my belt down here. I also go drive at other ones around the country too. But anyways, I throw a Mineral Wells event every month, and the Houston ones every 60 days or so. I have also done San Antonio in the past, and some other places.

I instruct anyone from a total newb to someone that wants to learn some pretty advanced techniques, and can help people set up their cars and choose parts. Basically anything I can do to help. Fabricatedmotorsports.com is a great place to find a forum for specific Texas drifting, and all the people associated with it.

NST ( Non Stop Tuning ) is one of our awesome sponsors that really helps us out, and has supported us for awhile! Call them if you need any pulleys or anything else for your car, or just come say hi to him at one of our Houston events. The drive is too much for him to come out to Mineral Wells too much.

-------

There will be some amazing cars at this event, so come out and hang out with us!

Comment

Cool vid of what we do : )

Lonestarbash @ Mineral Wells, TX 2009. By Fabricated Motorsports. We had an amazing day filled with amazing tandem with amazing cars and amazing weather. It was…

Comment

Working...
                        X