Zhe Gestapo Cruiser - W124 Benz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manual seats, but heated
    And yes, You can lower these seats properly. Never sat on a powered version though
    Last edited by loekaaz; 11-10-2015, 08:20 AM.
    Lucas
    Daily: 2004 Pontiac GTO. . . . . . . . . Daily Econobox: 2009 Mini Clubman Cooper
    Originally posted by LCG
    High 21! It's like a high 5 but includes both hands, both feet and a boner.

Comment

• You're too popular.
      slow build, fast cars

Comment

• literally all your photos are broken

Comment

• Fuuk'n bandwith-shit of photobucket. Now I have to wait a couple of days somehow before it resets my bandwith...
          EDIT: 6 days to be precise

This is their explanation:

What Does "Bandwidth Exceeded" Mean?
          Bandwidth is a measure of the resources used to serve (display) media from your Photobucket account to 3rd party sites (like blogs, forums, etc). Bandwidth is not storage. The size of the image or video will increase the amount of bandwidth you use when you link out to other sites. Have you exceeded bandwidth? Click here to upgrade

Examples of bandwidth usage:

-Lets say you have 100 photos that are 1MB in size each, and you are linking every single one of them out to your blog/website. 100 images at 1MB in size means that you are linking out just under 100MBs in data size for all those images. Those photos would need to be viewed 100 times a piece to reach the 10GB bandwidth limit for a free Photobucket account.

-If you only linked out 10 photos that are 1MB in size, those 10 photo would need to be viewed over 10,000 times before you would reach the 10GB bandwidth cap.

-If you had 10 videos on your blog/website that were 100MBs in size, that would equal out to just under 1GB in file size. If those videos were viewed 100 times total, you would reach the 10GB bandwidth cap.

What happens when you reach the bandwidth limit?

If you do reach the bandwidth cap for the free account (10GB), your linked out photos will be replaced by the above Photobucket image that states "this image exceeds bandwidth". To get things back to normal you will need to upgrade to a Plus subscription, or wait for your bandwidth to reset for the month. Your bandwidth will reset to zero every month on the day you registered your account. You can find this date in your User Settings, under the Account tab.

If you upgrade to a Plus account, you will no longer have to worry about the bandwidth exceeded message, as all Plus accounts have unlimited bandwidth. Upgrading your account to a Plus account will only remove that message from photos that are linked out from your upgraded account. It will not remove the bandwidth exceeded message from images that are linked out from another users account.

Views of your photos directly on the Photobucket site does not use any bandwidth. Bandwidth is only used when the image is posted outside of Photobucket.
          Last edited by loekaaz; 11-10-2015, 08:20 AM.
          Lucas
          Daily: 2004 Pontiac GTO. . . . . . . . . Daily Econobox: 2009 Mini Clubman Cooper
          Originally posted by LCG

Comment

• so you are too popular
            Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

• Last edited by loekaaz; 11-10-2015, 08:22 AM.
              Lucas
              Originally posted by LCG

Comment

• Use Imgur.com it doesnt have bandwidth limits as far as I know.

Also from the FEW pictures that work i can see that this car is cool and im subscribing.

Comment

• Originally posted by SnazzyQ View Post
                  Use Imgur.com it doesnt have bandwidth limits as far as I know.

Also from the FEW pictures that work i can see that this car is cool and im subscribing.
                  Cheers! I just made another account on photobucket. Tomorrow the old one should be working again. Hope I can now spread the bandwidth-usage

I started working on the engine again. I'm in the process of reassembling the head now. Fingers crossed I won't fuck-up this time

Actual pics will be uploaded tonight!

Last edited by loekaaz; 09-22-2017, 05:27 AM.
                  Lucas
                  Originally posted by LCG

Comment

• Sorry for the lack of updates. Really attended too many parties and enjoyed nightlife too much. Had too much other stuff on my mind lately I guess....

Well, I can say that the last week has been very progressive. Got myself into getting the engine build-up done.

Short list of what I've done to the engine:

- Head assembly:
                    12x New valve stem seals
                    Cleaned + lapped valves
                    12 New rockerarms
                    12 New hydraulic lifters
                    New Camshaft
                    New valve cover gasket
                    Camshaft bearings cleaned

- Block:
                    New head gasket
                    New head bolts
                    New gaskets everywhere else possible
                    Cleaned and brushed every bolt, nut and bracket that goes onto the engine
                    New timing chain guides
                    New timing chain tensioner
                    Overhauled oil pump
                    Overhauled oil filter housing

Next up will be the assembly of all the external engine components and accessories. Will Try to overhaul as much as I can

ANYHOW. LESS TALK < MOAR PICS!

Timing done:

HOW TO make an oil filter + housing look interesting?
                    Installing Instagram last week really let out the inner hipster in me

And let her smell some of the outside air with her younger cousin

Last edited by loekaaz; 09-22-2017, 05:28 AM.
                    Lucas
                    Originally posted by LCG

Comment

• Your engine is starting to look like new! good job!

Comment

• The Belgian history of the car keeps on haunting me everytime I remove new panels...

Hmmm. What could that be?

What the .... ?

FML

My feelings:

Anyway;

Also the driver's side sill is having some form of STD's

Parts-coupe isn't much better either...

Last edited by loekaaz; 09-22-2017, 05:29 AM.
                        Lucas
                        Originally posted by LCG

Comment

• Damn, I can imagine what you are feeling right now, but it can be fixed!

Comment

• Lol I just went through your other thread. Now I found the English version. Hahahaha
                            Mercedes:
                            93' 190E Sportline
                            80' 450SEL 6.9
                            67' 250SE

Comment

• OKAY.

HOLY MOLY THREAD RESURRECTION!

I kept the Dutch thread up to date, and now have to implement a whole year of not so much progress into this one

I'm a sucker for cosmetical stuff:

Pulleys, viscous fan and some brackets...

Did some tidying up on the front valance. New lacquer of of Hammerite paint so it will never ever rust again

Sent some other parts to get sand blasted and painted in heavy duty 2-component lacquer.

Came out nice...

Also did the original cast headers:

BEFORE:

AFTER SANDBLASING

AFTER A NICE COAT OF HEAT RESISTANT SILVER

But there's more:

SUMP

Gaskets, installing..... yada yada yada ..... all that boring stuff.

Gearbox undergone the some treatment (comparision between the 2.6 and 3.0 box)

Last edited by loekaaz; 09-22-2017, 05:32 AM.
                              Lucas
                              Originally posted by LCG

Comment

• That's not all (un)fortunately...

Did I already mention that I'm a sucker for cosmetical shit?

STEERING PUMP (potaaaaaatoooooo)

New copper thingeys for the exhaust...

More reassembling on the engine

End of that night:

Last edited by loekaaz; 09-22-2017, 05:35 AM.
                                Lucas
                                Originally posted by LCG

Comment

Working...
                                X