Scott's E36 Touring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 19birel View Post
    I've just read through your entire thread and I must say job well done thus far. I really like how you're taking the time to get things done properly to create something properly awesome. Keep up the quality work!
    Thanks man, no point half assing stuff if you're gonna need to replace it.

Originally posted by Thooooom View Post
    damn. the sills! since we spoke about the roof bars i cant help but think i definitely prefer them without haha.

top job on replacing the sills, it took me a year to replace a wing, cant imagine ever doing that kinda job!
    Thanks dude. Couldn't have done it without my dad's welding skills haha. Glad it's done now.

I'm back in London now, unfortunately the car wasn't finished before I left. But I gave my painter a nice list of things to be done haha.

I left having finished the wings and bonnet. They should be in primer by now.

I found some foglight blanks in my room too, so I thought I'd get them painted.

The noticed a knock from the red Touring which turned out to be a ball joint. My Dad replaced the arm and track rod whilst I was at the garage working on the silver Touring.

Loaded the Touring up and drove to London, 7 hours without stopping

Comment

• My father managed to get my Touring back to the house after all the paint work was completed. I've only seen pics of it so far, but I absolutely love it!

However it is costing me a hell of a lot more than I initially budgeted for, like a hell of a lot more. So the next month or two are going to be pretty slow again until I can get back on my feet.

I did managed to snag some more extended leather parts for the interior though! Thanks to Joey for the heads up on those! Just have to dye them black.

The car still needs to be built back up, which I'm letting my Dad do a little bit here and there for me. There's a few trim bits needing replacing, so I'm going to be working on getting those done before anything else. The skirts need to go back on too. My Dad also said the car drove like a bag of shit - we're thinking that the coilover has seized into the top hat, restricting the steering. It certainly felt like that when I last drove it.

But anyway, here's some pics that my brother sent me!

My friend and I also decided to swap wheels for a week. Not sure if I like them yet or not

Comment

• oh dear, it looks perfect

Comment

• Originally posted by dedo View Post
          oh dear, it looks perfect
          It will be next year! Hopefully

Comment

• Goal for 2016: Our Tourings photographed next to each other.

There, I said it. Maybe this will get me motivated to finally start resurrecting mine!

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr.AK View Post
              Goal for 2016: Our Tourings photographed next to each other.

There, I said it. Maybe this will get me motivated to finally start resurrecting mine!
              100% down for that dude. I could come to Germany and work on it with you

Comment

• Extremely good looking again! , great work scott,.
                Bmw e36 touring bulid thread - check it out!

http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=60427

Comment

• super jealous of your e36 touring!
                  way to do shit right.

Comment

• Originally posted by René Poulsen View Post
                    Extremely good looking again! , great work scott,.
                    Originally posted by parttimeprojectionist View Post
                    super jealous of your e36 touring!
                    way to do shit right.
                    Thanks dudes, appreciate it.

Money is still tight, but I can't wait to go home and work on it for a day or two!

Comment

• My father has been doing little jobs on the car since it's been back from paint. Mainly putting the trim etc on. However this weekend he tried to fix why the car wouldn't steer properly. The main problem was the adjustable top mounts, I didn't space these correctly when I fitted them which basically resulted in the bearing seizing and welding themselves to the top of the coilover. Not ideal.

With the bearings un-seized and top mounts correctly spaced, the car now steers better than it did. It's still not great however. He noticed the system was also over pressuring in the return line resulting in a loss of fluid. I plan on going over quite a lot of the steering/suspension when I have the car in London. I just need to be able to limp it down here.

The TCS & ABS lights are also back on, so I need to figure out what is causing that. Any ideas?

This is the most recent picture of the car, which my Dad sent today.

I have a few days back in Scotland at the beginning of August so I will spend some time re-fitting some trim pieces and doing what I can. I really can't wait to work on it again!

Comment

• Originally posted by Minuki View Post
                        The TCS & ABS lights are also back on, so I need to figure out what is causing that. Any ideas?
                        Might be an ABS Sensor. Best have the error memory of the car read out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr.AK View Post
                          Might be an ABS Sensor. Best have the error memory of the car read out.
                          Yeah, I was thinking that. I've replaced them before though, which Is why I'm a bit confused. Maybe it just needs a good drive.

Comment

• I would trade all of the freedom in the USA for a few e36 tourings...

Read the whole build, absolutely beautiful! Great work, man

Comment

• Originally posted by foxster View Post
                              I would trade all of the freedom in the USA for a few e36 tourings...

Read the whole build, absolutely beautiful! Great work, man
                              Thanks man.

A quick little update before I head home next week. I managed to get a garage, finally! After a couple of hard months of looking on Gumtree, one finally popped up just 10 minutes from my house. I met the owner and agreed to take it. It's not big at all and the car only just fits. But it's a start. Means I can bring the Silver Touring to London!

Comment

• Yesss.

Comment

Working...
                                X