Scott's E36 Touring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Minuki View Post
    Yeah, I think it's super quick. But I'm coming from a car that ran with a blown head-gasket most of its life, so anything would be quicker than that
    Lol - they're not bad standard, get an M50 manifold on there, makes such a difference. As does a shorter final drive - an M3 3.0 diff is an easy swap, and an LSD.

Have you taken the restrictor out of the airbox too? Literally just pulls out, 5 minute mod
    S54 E36 Touring build here: http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...t=11730&page=3

Random E36 parts collection for sale - click here!

Comment

Took advantage of a break in the weather today and test fitted my wheels.

Put the rears on first

Then it was onto the fronts -

Now comes the tough part of choosing tyres. I really have no idea what to run, but I know I don't want to run a massive amount of stretch to start off with..so if anyone has any suggestions, fire them my way please

I have M-Sport bumpers being delivered soon. So all I need now are side skirts and a new wing. Then it's off to paint

Comment

Awesome, 10mm spacer all round ???

Comment

Spacer? I think it looks spot on.

What widths are they?
          S54 E36 Touring build here: http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...t=11730&page=3

Comment

I **** how I cant get one of these. One of the reason why i want to move to Europe!

Comment

Originally posted by Jorge View Post
              Awesome, 10mm spacer all round ???
              Originally posted by BenKoflach View Post
              Spacer? I think it looks spot on.

What widths are they?
              I thought they looked alright without a spacer. We'll see.

Specs are - 17x8, 17x9 et20/26

Originally posted by alec_moore View Post
              I **** how I cant get one of these. One of the reason why i want to move to Europe!
              Pretty much everyone says that haha
              Last edited by Minuki; 02-02-2013, 05:13 AM.

Comment

10mm spacer will be right, because when you lower it you'll gain a bit of natural camber.
                Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster
                Internet high five for you.

Comment

I wouldn't put a spacer on unless you want poke. They will sit nicely flush, even if the car is on it's nuts. I'd go for 205/40 and 215/40 myself.

This is how they sat on mine, 18s tho but width and Et is the same. Was running 215/35s.

The photographer's ride. von bochmann.photo auf Flickr

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

Heres a pic of mine when I was running e39 8s and 9s with 205/40 and 215/40.

Not the greatest picture ever but hopefully it gives you some idea.

Also I think the offsets are 20 and 26. Found the info from this link - http://felgenkatalog.auto-treff.com/

Comment

Definitely needs 5-10mm

Comment

Originally posted by nellydragracer View Post
                        10mm spacer will be right, because when you lower it you'll gain a bit of natural camber.
                        I'll see once they've been fitted

Originally posted by Dr.AK View Post
                        I wouldn't put a spacer on unless you want poke. They will sit nicely flush, even if the car is on it's nuts. I'd go for 205/40 and 215/40 myself.

This is how they sat on mine, 18s tho but width and Et is the same. Was running 215/35s.
                        That looks perfect Just what I'm hoping to achieve. How was the 215 out back?

Originally posted by jimmybacon View Post
                        Heres a pic of mine when I was running e39 8s and 9s with 205/40 and 215/40.

Not the greatest picture ever but hopefully it gives you some idea.

Also I think the offsets are 20 and 26. Found the info from this link - http://felgenkatalog.auto-treff.com/
                        Thanks Chris. That gives me something to go off. Much appreciated

Originally posted by Jorge View Post
                        Definitely needs 5-10mm
                        As above, we'll see once they're fitted

Comment

Nice T. , bought one a few months ago....

Subbed for progress...

Comment

205/40 and 215/40, as said above would look good.

Comment

Thanks for comments guys.

Sounds like 205/215/40's are the way to go. I'll be looking to get some tyres after the wheels have been refurbished.

My front and rear bumpers are waiting for me at my Papa's house and a front wing is on it's way to me as well. So now all I need are a set of side skirts and then it's off to be painted, hopefully sometime this month

Comment

Hey guys, bit of an update this weekend.

Finally got all the bits I needed for paint - M sport bumpers & skirts & front wing. However, I bumped into my painter at work one night and he's not free until the start/middle of March. So that's a bit of a bummer.

I got paid on Friday and swore I wouldn't use any of it because I needed it for paint, but an unexpected trip to the scrappies (to look for old tyres) soon changed that I wasn't even going to go and look at the cars, but I'm really glad I did because I found a 328i Touring...

So I grabbed the almost mint heated leather interior out of it, rear parking sensors, and headlights for £140! Super stoked.

Going back next week to pick up the switches for the seats, rest of the headlight washer assembly and interior computer thingy.

Here's one of the seats -

I got a 205/40/17 mounted on one of my fronts during the week too. So I threw that on because I was bored.

(I should really replace my fog light soon)

Comment

Working...
                                X