• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Earl View Post
    Originally posted by michel3171 View Post
    Interesting, why raise the engine?
    Originally posted by Aitch View Post
    Probably to stop it from kissing the ground.
    Precisely that. The engines on these cars should sit above the subframe if the engine mounts are in good condition, but as the car gets lower, I can see that I am hitting parts of the subframe every now and again. The raisers just get the sump much higher above the subframe so that there is less chance of blowing it up.

I am hoping to take the car abroad next year, so I would like to do as much as I can to make the drive as stress free as I can.

Originally posted by Fruttolo View Post
    Is the engine mount spacers a kit or did you have them machined? How tall are they?
    My friend machined them up for me. They are for sale if you are interested in a set, his name is - _craigsims on Instagram.

Comment

• Your car plays a massive part in me wanting to get my car really cleaned up. So even though you're not intending to do this, thanks for giving me something to chase.

What European shows are you planning next year by the way? As I'm going to VW Days, EuroSunday and Rollhard Belgium so if you need someone to convoy with I'm happy to organise something pal

Comment

• Originally posted by Mehowski View Post
        Your car plays a massive part in me wanting to get my car really cleaned up. So even though you're not intending to do this, thanks for giving me something to chase.

What European shows are you planning next year by the way? As I'm going to VW Days, EuroSunday and Rollhard Belgium so if you need someone to convoy with I'm happy to organise something pal
        Haha thank you mate. It's not as clean as it could be, by any means, but I am always chasing to make it better and it slowly will get to the stage where I am completely happy with it. I'm glad someone shares that same interest and mindset!

I think I'd like to do RH Belgium and potentially another trip to Munich/Germany. But we shall see how we get on. I'm really looking forward to next year though!

Comment

• Finished up on the engine raisers today. Proper faff with having to move the rack and subframe around, but they're in, so that's good. Nipped the fan off as well so I can take it into work and trim it down a few mm.

Some comparison images, to give you and idea of how much it lifts the engine.

The sump angles down slightly now at the back, so I am going to lift the gearbox a few mm as well. I've taken the mount off to be powdercoated and gearbox mounts are en route.

I also found a rear Aero bumper for the daily not far from where I stay. So I picked that up last night. It is new old stock, however unfortunately it has seen better days. The previous owner had just screwed it on, so it is very wavy in places and the exhaust opening needs some work. But my pal reckons he can sort it, so I'm putting all my faith in him haha.

Here is a picture I found in an extras brochure at Essen Motorshow at the weekend!

Comment

• That is a cool find, sucks for the extra work you have to do to sort it.

What's the plan to attach it once it's all fixed?
            Instagram: @Eurow

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeyRa View Post
              That is a cool find, sucks for the extra work you have to do to sort it.

What's the plan to attach it once it's all fixed?
              Well, they attach just over the bumper, the Aero bumpers are just covers that use early model bumpers. So there's two tabs that clip on to the bumper and then its held on with double sided tape or adhesive.

Comment

• Sure i saw this at Rollhard? Really clean car, always had a thing for E46 Tourings. I'd say this is my favourite, love it.
                Bagged 2002 Lupo SE Project (Dead)
                1999 Polo 6N 1.4 CL Daily project

Instagram: @lewdeak

Comment

• Originally posted by Deaky97 View Post
                  Sure i saw this at Rollhard? Really clean car, always had a thing for E46 Tourings. I'd say this is my favourite, love it.
                  Yeah, would have seen it at RollHard mate. Thanks very much!

My Rennstall gearknob arrived the other day from Seattle, USA. I am properly stoked with it, I've wanted one of these forever and I finally pulled the trigger on their Black Friday deals. It will look really good against the new interior.

It snowed a lot today, so went out and minced about in the Touring. Got stuck a lot, but it was good fun!

Comment

• Going out in the snow with a rare front end? You're a mad man! Knowing my luck if I was to try that i'd 100% crack the thing open.

Originally posted by Deaky97 View Post
                    Sure i saw this at Rollhard? Really clean car, always had a thing for E46 Tourings. I'd say this is my favourite, love it.
                    I too love the E46s deaky boy

Comment

Going out in the snow with a rare front end? You're a mad man! Knowing my luck if I was to try that i'd 100% crack the thing open.

I too love the E46s deaky boy
                      Haha it's my daily man, can't be too precious about it! Hoping to have the car resprayed next year at some point, it's starting to look a bit tired. Some nice paint will put some life back into it. I'd love to change the colour, but it would mean all the door shuts would have to be painted as well and I don't have the money or time to do that

Comment

Going out in the snow with a rare front end? You're a mad man!
                        #madlads
                        Instagram: @Eurow

Comment

• sexy wagon <3

Comment

• Mate the rear aero extension does look pretty wavy but wont be as noticeable when the rub strips fitted, its a great daily
                            My BMW E36 318ti Steel Blue Compact build thread -
                            http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=88271

Comment

• Originally posted by Steven_318ti View Post
                              Mate the rear aero extension does look pretty wavy but wont be as noticeable when the rub strips fitted, its a great daily
                              It should be fine, I have faith in my painter! Looking forward to having it fitted.

Comment

• Love wagons, great build!
                                - Chris L
                                83 Mustang - M81 widebody

Comment

Working...
                                X