Scott's E36 Touring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mehowski View Post
    You've put me in the mood to buy some BC parts now.

Also wicked job on the heated seats. I'd love to fit some into my daily but I can't think of anything worse for my head than trying to wire it all up.

I know exactly what you mean about the difficulty of wrapping the tail lights by the way, was a bastard of a job on my old Polo. I'd recommend going for a stronger orange though, as they do seem fairly yellow in that pic.
    The wiring wasn't actually that bad. If you buy the loom from BMW, it's already all wired up to the connections etc. Just gotta put them in their relative places.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the colour, looks like piss. Says I need to leave it 48hrs before applying another layer, so I'll have a go this week again

Comment

• It's my birthday in a few days, I'll be 25, so I decided to get something that would last me a while. I got a private plate for the Touring. Usually I'm not a big fan of private plates, but my friend Alex found this for me and I knew I had to get it!

I absolutely love it, I think it's going to look great on the car! It's as close to "M System" as I could get

Comment

• Originally posted by Minuki View Post
        Thanks for the kind words man!

In regards to the fire extinguisher, I might see if I can get someone to service it? I'm not sure if that's possible, but it would be nice to know it's going to actually function properly should the worst happen!
        You most definitely can get them serviced, it's a requirement by law here in Australia to get them service periodically

Comment

• Originally posted by Minuki View Post

Pic of said Irn Bru and surrounding mess.

Pretty much what I live on whilst working on cars, haha.

Followed the silver one's progress for a few years now, and it just keeps getting better and better - attention to detail is what makes this so good. Red one's looking braw too.

Scottish idiot with an unhealthy E39 obsession... @scumbag_mike

Comment

• What camera or effect do you use for the vintage look? I love the car btw haha.

Comment

• Nothing wrong with a private plate bro

New wheel set up is going to be killer, stoked for you dude. Let's link up when the car is together, I'd love to make a film on it!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dane083 View Post
                You most definitely can get them serviced, it's a requirement by law here in Australia to get them service periodically
                I'll definitely look into it mate, for sure. Hopefully never have to use it, but if the worst comes to it, I know I can use it!

Originally posted by thirtynine View Post
                Pretty much what I live on whilst working on cars, haha.

Followed the silver one's progress for a few years now, and it just keeps getting better and better - attention to detail is what makes this so good. Red one's looking braw too.
                Thanks mate! Come and say hi if you're coming to Cleanfest this year, I'll be there!

Originally posted by d0wse View Post
                What camera or effect do you use for the vintage look? I love the car btw haha.
                It's an app called HUJI

Originally posted by Mehowski View Post
                Nothing wrong with a private plate bro

New wheel set up is going to be killer, stoked for you dude. Let's link up when the car is together, I'd love to make a film on it!
                Yeah man, I am super stoked with it. I can't wait to have the car back on the road this year! By all means, just give me a shout one weekend and we can sort something mate, be happy to!

Comment

• Whilst I was in Birmingham this weekend with Rollhard, I picked up my rear Aero bumper that a friend was storing for me, I also picked up a nice little E34 M5 brochure with some cool shots of the M Systems. There is another one I'm looking for, that properly explains the M Systems.

I fitted my plate today too. I can't wait to see it with the wheels back on. I just need to order tyres.

I've been given a deadline that is going to come up quickly if I don't get cracking, so I spent the last few hours of the day fitting my new rear dampers. They're a lot shorter than previous and valved for a lot higher spring rate, so it should ride pretty well! One of my current dampers is leaking and the weld is cracked, so just as well I've got some new ones.

Time to put some miles on them before I can get it all set up again!

Comment

• I just need to say I finally, finally got my chance to see this thing in person last weekend at Retro Rides Weekender at Goodwood.

I went over to the UK with a few friends and also dropped off some parts for Scott, I'm sure he'll tell you all about that soon.

A meetup with Scott at the show was a given, as I was bringing his stuff - what I did not know, was that he was bringing the silver Touring! The whole time I thought the car was not ready and he'd be there with the red one.

On the drive over, Scott just sent me pic with the caption "Just arrived at Goodwood" and lo and behold, it was of his silver Touring! I may or may not have squealed like a little girl.

It was stunning to see the car in person. Pictures don't do it justice, literally the best E36 Touring I've seen.

Here it is next to my Ram

My plaaaaaates

And had to re-create a photo we took in 2014 when Scott visited me and saw my Touring for the first time.

He even let me drive it! And it rides SO, SO PERFECT.

It was literally the best surprise ever. I'm still grinning.

I also did a proper photoshoot of his car, but you'll see those photos soon enough.

Anyone want to buy my Mk2?
                    Last edited by Dr.AK; 05-24-2018, 07:37 AM.

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

• Awesome post Dr.AK, it really is a stunning car, I was the biggest fan of yours, the ACS styling and RF wheels!!! epic combo, the plate pics on both cars is a great touch.
                      My BMW E36 318ti Steel Blue Compact build thread -
                      http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=88271

Comment

• It's been a while since I've posted, but I have been far too busy enjoying the HELL out of the car so far. I can't tell you how amazing it feels to drive now, I can finally drive it hard again and have some confidence behind the wheel, it's all I wanted last year and I finally figured out the set up!

I also can't describe the feeling of seeing the car on the front page of Stanceworks. This forum and it's members sparked my love for low cars and old BMW's, so for that, I am always grateful and forever in the debt of Bastien for making it happen. Thank you again man, thank you so much. Bastien also shot some separate photographs on film, which you can find at www.tiefundbreit.com

Whilst Bastien was visiting, he dropped of my new interior and sill trims. Over the last few weeks, I've been cleaning them up and have installed them on the car. I'm actually quite happy with how the interior turned out give the condition and coming from Germany!

The rest of these images are just ones that mean a lot to me and the most recent ones of the car.

Comment

• Mate I wasn't sure on the idea of switching the black leather with the new seats but seeing them now they look awesome, very smart.
                          My BMW E36 318ti Steel Blue Compact build thread -
                          http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=88271

Comment

• Those new seats are just so damn cool and look perfect in there.
                            Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• Car looks great man. Seats look great in the light too.

Comment

Working...
                              X