No announcement yet.

Scott's E36 Touring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• love the red touring with them all white rear lights on... but i think it may need clear fronts and sides and not tinted to tie it all in.
    Instagram - Benwalsh91

Comment

• Originally posted by Benwalsh91 View Post
      love the red touring with them all white rear lights on... but i think it may need clear fronts and sides and not tinted to tie it all in.
      Yeah, they're not staying. Just sort of threw them on to have a look really! Think it does look a bit weird on the red car though.

Originally posted by Alen
      so euro haha love it
      Thanks man!

Comment

• I'm glad you have a fire extinguisher in your car (everybody should), and it's very cool that you were able to score an OEM BMW unit, but please do not trust it. Seals dry out over time and crack and allow gas pressure to escape... no pressure = no . Understandable to keep it for looks as a BMW item, but I would certainly **** for you to find out the day you really need it that it won't work. Keep a modern one handy in the boot.

Other than that, I'll just echo everyone else's sentiments and say how unbelievably clean and dialed in both of your cars are. They look like BTCC homologation specials, which is about as good as a 90's Euro can possibly look IMO. 💯💯💯
        '02 Audi S4 III+ GT's // '94 Audi S4 RS2'd // '95 Audi S6 donor // '87 Buick TR rusty

Comment

• Originally posted by toddzilla View Post
          I'm glad you have a fire extinguisher in your car (everybody should), and it's very cool that you were able to score an OEM BMW unit, but please do not trust it. Seals dry out over time and crack and allow gas pressure to escape... no pressure = no . Understandable to keep it for looks as a BMW item, but I would certainly **** for you to find out the day you really need it that it won't work. Keep a modern one handy in the boot.

Other than that, I'll just echo everyone else's sentiments and say how unbelievably clean and dialed in both of your cars are. They look like BTCC homologation specials, which is about as good as a 90's Euro can possibly look IMO. ������
          Thanks for the kind words man!

In regards to the fire extinguisher, I might see if I can get someone to service it? I'm not sure if that's possible, but it would be nice to know it's going to actually function properly should the worst happen!

Comment

• I stumbled upon a part I have been months, maybe years for. An OEM CD box for the glovebox. These have been NLA for a number of years now and are extremely difficult to find, however I found this one just up the road for a price I couldn't pass up.

Now to find the cupholders!

Comment

• I am VERY envious of your cd box

Also my car is missing the little bmw light but that's easier to find

FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

Comment

• That CD Box is so cool man. I always wanted one for mine back in the day!

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

• Originally posted by Fruttolo View Post
                  I am VERY envious of your cd box

Also my car is missing the little bmw light but that's easier to find
                  Originally posted by Dr.AK View Post
                  That CD Box is so cool man. I always wanted one for mine back in the day!
                  Yeah, I am super, super stoked to have found one. I am hoping I can repair the broken clip, but apart from that, I'm very happy with it.

Just have to find the elusive cupholders and my glovebox will be as cool as the rest of the car!

Comment

• Whilst everyone was enjoying themselves at Ultimate Dubs, I woke from a 14 sleep nursing an illness from hell, challenged with fitting heated seats to the daily. But with a cold Irn Bru to hand, I was game for giving it a shot.

I'd previously removed some of the rusty torx screws at the back of the fuse box, making this job 10000x easier. Once I'd got into the heart of the fuse box and removed the correct fuse carrier, it was time to push some wires through the bulkhead. I found the best way to do this is to tape the wire/connection to a wooden stirrer(?) and then push it through. Works a treat.

Pic of said Irn Bru and surrounding mess.

I'm waiting on a few parts to arrive for this, mainly some new rear BC dampers, and some parts to rebuild the rear anti roll bar. I ordered all new bolts and brackets for it from BMW, just waiting on the droplinks and then it will be back on the road. Hopefully for my birthday, but who knows.

Most of my day was spent routing wires. But when it was all done, I took the car back to the house and gave the interior a really good scrub. It came up looking really good. Step into my 90's interior.

I am also very excited that I will be running a wheel set up I've wanted to do for YEARS. A lovely, square set of 17x9 E31 M Systems with Turbine covers. I picked up my spare M Systems from the polisher this week.

I am fucking stoked.

Just have to add new badges and clean the Turbines up the best I can before I have them painted sometime this year.

Comment

• Love the 98 in the pics and old style red flash of the developing, proper cool and very period
                      My BMW E36 318ti Steel Blue Compact build thread -
                      http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=88271

Comment

• What kind of ETs are you running with 9"s up front?

FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

Comment

• Originally posted by Steven_318ti View Post
                          Love the 98 in the pics and old style red flash of the developing, proper cool and very period
                          Thanks mate.

Originally posted by Fruttolo View Post
                          What kind of ETs are you running with 9"s up front?
                          I'm unsure yet, I've still to do the final test fit, but I image somewhere around et15

I managed to fit the rear anti roll bar today with the fresh hardware I got from BMW. Because the bolts were so rusty, I had to use an aggressive socket, which ripped all the nuts apart. I've re-used the old bushings for now. They didn't look too bad and I plan on building a subframe for this, so I didn't splash out on expensive Powerflex bushings just yet.

Made a start on cleaning up the turbines too. Came out good for a first initial clean, but still a lot of work to do. Looking forward to having these refurbished too.

Comment

• Basic and Delicious Captain Morgan Mojito Recipe. We'll Even Deliver the greater part of the Ingredients to Your Door in the Next Hour! How about we Get the Party Started. captain morgan ingredients

Comment

• So I got another little goodie through the door the other day, from the Netherlands. I'm unsure if it's 100% OEM, but I am led to believe this is a BMW accident camera. It's cool as hell and I love it.

Whilst it was snowing outside, I figured I'd have a little bash at wrapping some lights with amber film. It was more difficult than I imagined and I'm not overly thrilled with the results, I think they need another layer of amber to match the OEM colour.

I also finished up cleaning my left hand Turbines with some Iron out from Auto finesse. Worked an absolute treat, so I think I'll go over all the covers/wheels with it too, just to remove any final contaminants.

Comment

• You've put me in the mood to buy some BC parts now.

Also wicked job on the heated seats. I'd love to fit some into my daily but I can't think of anything worse for my head than trying to wire it all up.

I know exactly what you mean about the difficulty of wrapping the tail lights by the way, was a bastard of a job on my old Polo. I'd recommend going for a stronger orange though, as they do seem fairly yellow in that pic.

Comment

Working...
                                X