Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dr.AK View Post
    Ohhh, this is exciting!

And yea, def. get a tire on and have a test fit, otherwise you might run into problems later!
    Indeed.

I only have a 215/45 spare, but plan on running a 215/40. Surely there will be enough room for that the 40 profile if the 45 fits nice?

Originally posted by frozrr View Post
    Looking forward to see more of this one!
    Thank you. Plenty more to come!

Comment

• Today was a good day!

Put my other wing on the car so it was easier to roll

Nice and flat. Going to put some more primer on it so it wont rust, but the main thing is the primer inside the lip.

Noticed I was carrying around half off Scotland in the bottom of my other wing...

Then I put a wee skim of filler on the wing, shouldn't need much at all

Same with the otherside too, found a bit of a dent as well

Now the fun part!

I got my Dad to help removing the rear spring so we could make sure I had enough clearance. Which I do! It's pretty snug though. Jacked it right up until the top of the tyre hit the inside of the arch, just to make sure.

That's a 215/45 on there and I'm going to be running a 215/40, so I should have plenty room!

Comment

• Just got in from the shop. Got up there and the car was looking like this

Rough. So I spent most of the morning just final sanding the bonnet and sanding off the filler on the wings.

Had to wait a wee while for "The Guy" to arrive and take out the rear screen. He removed that and I found Mr. Rust greeting me with open arms. Fucking yey.

Yeah, not so stoked now. Cleaned all the shit out to see what I was working with. Gonna need a little bit of welding...and filling, as you can see, someone reversed into a pole or something.

We'll see what tomorrow brings!

Comment

• Got a little bit more done today.

The front panel and wing are now in primer

Then I got the other arch rolled. Tried my best to get the dent out, but unfortunately I had to use a little bit filler.

Put a wee skim on the other side too

Then I took the bonnet off to get it primed tomorrow

Sad little car!

Comment

• Great work as always, makes me feel motivated to tackle the brown death that's lurking in my own arches

Is there much of a pull on your rear arches or is it mainly the lip that has been folded up?
            I have a pair of 225/45/17 to fit on my 9" style 32s and your pictures are making me consider swapping them for 215s.

E36 318iS Clubsport : Build thread coming soon

Comment

• Originally posted by Codarsnacht View Post
              Great work as always, makes me feel motivated to tackle the brown death that's lurking in my own arches

Is there much of a pull on your rear arches or is it mainly the lip that has been folded up?
              I have a pair of 225/45/17 to fit on my 9" style 32s and your pictures are making me consider swapping them for 215s.

Go for it dude!

Not much pull at all, wanted to keep it looking as oem as possible. The inside lip has been folded completely flat though.

I had roughly 3mm clearance with a 215/45, with the lip being completely flat and almost no pull. Now there's a slight pull, so you might be able to squeeze a 225/45 under there with a bigger pull.

Comment

• Got a wee bit done yesterday. Bonnet is now in primer too

Then I got the rest of my tailgate stripped and ready for the repairs, woo hoo.

Looks so bad

Got the weekend off, so today I just bbq'd with some buddies and when skating. Friend brought his EG over, looks pretty cool with the new paint and wheels!

Go back up on Monday and we'll hopefully see paint next week! Hopefully.

Comment

• nice pics! And great progress!
                  IG @RobthaBavarian

Comment

• makes me want an 36 lol . Nice build man , glad to see u put so much effort to small details

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob&co View Post
                      nice pics! And great progress!
                      Thanks Rob

Originally posted by LeManta View Post
                      makes me want an 36 lol . Nice build man , glad to see u put so much effort to small details
                      Cheers dude. I figured If I done it right the first time, I wouldn't need to do it twice...that's the plan anyway

Comment

• So here's what the finished arches look like underneath. Might go over them with a bit of silver paint if there's any left.

I know the ares around my jacking points were a bit crusty. I figured I'd just clean them up, bonda prime them then just underseal it. But as I started cleaning them up, I found a few holes.

Just going to have to weld them at the same time as the tailgate. Might as well get it all sold since I plan on keeping it for a while

Comment

• nice, Attention to deal!
                          IG @RobthaBavarian

Comment

• Thanks Rob!

Made up a little plate today

Still need to do the other side

This suspicious box was waiting for me when I got home...

Fuck yeahhh!

Comment

• Cute plate! And in for coils! how low tho those go? Are you running that helper spring also? Progress is key!
                              IG @RobthaBavarian

Comment

• They say 80mm-100mm, so probably low enough. Going to try it with the helper springs in just now, if it's not low enough, then I'll take them out or get shorter springs

Comment

Working...
                                X