No announcement yet.

The Loss of a Friend.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• end of an era. this is the car, like many, that bought me th this mad place and world called stance, and will be sorly missed. sadly i never saw the car before the damage on the web, only pics etc that came as a retrospective view of it.

RIP rusty.

as for mike - whats next fella? you got a new daily?

Comment

• this needs to go on the history books for all the kids to learn about it in there classes

Comment

• I figured I should register to pay my respects.

I must say, this is my first online automotive funeral, so bear with me. The fact that other people have joined the stanceworks community and more are sure to follow shows how significant this car was. I think it has (and still will) played a substantial part in bringing individualism back into the car scene. I have seen more creatvity and inventiveness in the import and euro car scenes over the past year or so and I think "Rusty" had a part in it.

Of course it wasn't the only car out there, can't take credit from others, but it was so viral. With every incarnation of it, the photos were reposted on every major forum and blog in the U.S. and others across the globe. It was a car that everyone watched mature (or regress, depending) from the clean, black old-school bmw to the radical, gangstery-ass rusted god-knows-what that it will die as.

Love it or **** it, the car community grew attached to it and it's sad to know that it won't be re-invented anymore.

I only can speak for myself, but it will be missed

Comment

• Your car has graced the "Photo Thread" of every forum I have ever been apart of, getting some sort of praise (or ridicule). It's sad to see it go and I too understand the attachment you're speaking of, only mine was a truck. Maybe somewhere in the big wrecking yard in the sky, Rusty and my Josephine are parked side by side waiting for that one last ride.

All the best in the hunt for a replacement, even though we both know we'll never find one that feels the same.

Chin up,

- Spiff D
          "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

• i found stanceworks on the build threads blog and followed the road trip... so epic. i had already been a fan of this car tho, since the fall IA meet in 08 when the car was black still? car is truly going to be missed, no matter what anyone feels about the car, nobody can say it wasnt noticed....

RIP

Comment

• really sad news!
              But there are 2 positives ways, you create Stanceworks and it is an amazing board that goes farer than just another board, there is so much good stuff over here i never find them in any other place!
              the other positive way is that you let Jules doing a fucking good last run as you said it in a magzine i read some months back, it was freakin' awesome in black but so much more rusty then raw with shark paint!
              happy to read that the heart will go in the neek's girl Bavarian project.
              the 3rd good thing is you will throw to our faces your E36 project!!!!
              lot of respect man and thanks you, Jules for giving us so much awesome pics and things to talk about!
              R.I.P.

Comment

• "Heroes get remembered, but legends never die."

Comment

• One of my favorites, a car that will always live on in my mind.

Thanks for being an inspiration to us all. Keep it up with the E36

Comment

• Damn sucks to see Rusty go, at least i got to see it in person at least once.

RIP
                    www.stateofstance.com

sigpic
                    The unofficial Work Wheels whore in the making

Comment

• Sad to see this car go, as mentioned before, this car has been a argueing subject in every forum i visit. This car is now a legend... R.I.P. Rusty.

Comment

• wow man, was not expecting this when i opened this thread. I'm legitimately sad right now. It was a pleasure getting to see this car. I remember getting to fixx fest and getting all excited to go see it, it was the first car i wanted to check out. And it was even more fun driving behind it to roaring twenties. My car felt so bland next to yours because of how much personality it had. I will definitely miss this car and the short time i got to see it.

ig: @jonnie86

Comment

• when my friend told me about this thread i freaked out. cant believe Rusty's gone. i remember the day i first saw it on honda tech back when it was clean. i followed it until the accident. i thought at that point it was over, but that was only the beginning. one of the reasons i have the car i have today

@eraunpetrytoday

Comment

• Im glad i was lucky enough to get to see it at stance of the union and speak to you in regards to it... Its sad to see "rusty" go!! he made a lot of people go through the style they are going.. from bmw's to civics haha crazyy!!!! we all know your going to have something crazy again to unfold and create :P
                            Diego Olivares
                            Slammed Garage
                            SlammedGarage@hotmail.com

Comment

• I am so sorry to see Rusty go. This was not just a car, it was a piece of art. However, I can't wait to see what you have in store for us in the future Mike. You do an amazing job with whatever it is you touch. You have a gift and I am great full that you choose to share it with all of us.

-Rob
                              -Rob
                              Wagon MOB
                              UsVersusThem
                              AWDfitted

Comment

• Rip
                                Seen It!

www.seenitcrew.com

Comment

Working...
                                X