Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fenders rolled.. came out wavy. Fixable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They sound like absolute clowns.
    -SW|UK-
    Education - Knowledge - Power
    insta: @stinkinrich

Comment

Originally posted by stinkinrich View Post
      They sound like absolute clowns.
      Yup I've realized that now. They're always going on about how "oh we're gonna do whatever we can to help you out, no customer leaves the shop unhappy blah blah we always do a good job, do it right" and they're pulling this car. I'm sure they've done quality work, they're getting a decent following on Long Island (not sure how long they've been around, but they claim to have been in the business for 10 years). Either way, if other people wanna do with them, that's their risk. I'm not gonna fucking bother again.

I just hope this quality doesn't show in their other work. Like I said, they're doing full air ride installs. I hope they do a good job for the customers sake. Would be a shame if something went wrong and caused an accident or whatever.

Comment

Well all I can say his I hope you get it all sorted and how you intended it to finish up. Good luck man.
        -SW|UK-
        Education - Knowledge - Power
        insta: @stinkinrich

Comment

this happened to my old silver e36 they cracked the paint like someone said in the right hands with a roller and time and care and a bit of heat it could be sorted but i feel your anger they got some explaining to do stay with the guy this time when he put it right slowly slowly gently gently
          Last edited by bmxspert; 02-07-2013, 08:29 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

So did you ever fix your fenders bud?

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

Originally posted by 244Brick View Post
              So did you ever fix your fenders bud?
              Sadly, no I had to fight the shop a little, but I at least got my money back. They barely even wanted to refund me.. now I know to never trust them again.

I'm going to eventually down the road buy some new fenders, but right now its not at the top of my list. Its not bad as you'd think, no one ever notices unless I point it out to them. The angles of the pics make them a little worse than they are.

Comment

Rock Auto (rockauto.com)

2012 HYUNDAI GENESIS COUPE 2.0L L4 Turbocharged : Body-Exterior : Fender Price
                VARIOUS MFR Part # HY1240149
                {#663112M000}
                Coupe; Left Front assy
                $131.79
                VARIOUS MFR Part # HY1241149
                {#663212M000}
                Coupe; Right Front assy
                * Stocked in outlying warehouse--shipping delayed up to 1 business day
                $126.79

Comment

Originally posted by 244Brick View Post
                  Rock Auto (rockauto.com)

2012 HYUNDAI GENESIS COUPE 2.0L L4 Turbocharged : Body-Exterior : Fender Price
                  VARIOUS MFR Part # HY1240149
                  {#663112M000}
                  Coupe; Left Front assy
                  $131.79
                  VARIOUS MFR Part # HY1241149
                  {#663212M000}
                  Coupe; Right Front assy
                  * Stocked in outlying warehouse--shipping delayed up to 1 business day
                  $126.79
                  Sweeeeet, way cheaper than any other sites I've found 'em on. Thanks a bunch!

Comment

NP bro

Comment

Seeing stuff like this happen makes me glad my car is a POS... I'll be rolling my fenders the old fashioned way... Relief cuts and a baseball bat. Sorry to hear about your dilemma...

Comment

Sorry to see this happen to you, it definitely sucks when a shop does sub-par work and then tries to pin the blame on you or play it off like "shit happens."

To the OP, I rolled my fenders myself. (my car is fairly old and never had good paint so I didn't care and would rather do it myself) I simply hammered the fronts in from the inside of the wheel well while applying pressure on the outside of the fender until the inner lip was flat. With the rears I went a little further and cut the inner lip out then rolled the fender with an aluminum bat. It came out fairly wavy at first but after playing with it for a few minutes I wound up getting both sides pretty straight and I was happy with the results. It sucks they fucked your fenders up, but if you are willing to put in a few minutes of elbow grease and aren't afraid of screwing it up you can probably straighten it out yourself and get them looking a little better for the time being. Just trying to help.

Comment

I've rolled fenders on a lot of Mercedes and they always come out looking clean but paint cracking/spidering and chipping will happen to anyone even the best shops. A good shop will always do a "dry run" and check where the roller needs to be adjusted. You have to do the fenders in sections because the arch isn't 100% round. Also if the heat up the whole fender before rolling they don't know what they're doing because by the time they get to the part they need to roll the fender already cooled down. You also have to watch how much heat you're applying.

That fender can be fixed with a fender roller, you just have to work on it in sections like I said. Always have to start from the middle and then to one side, some fenders are wider or narrower depending on direction.

Comment

You can hammer it out. I've had my fronts rolled for about a year now, no waves.

A while ago I got in a crash and a twig got between the fender and the tire. It was no bueno, thought I was going to have to buy a new fender. Even with the lips completely flattened and the fender pulled a bit I was able to hammer it completely out with a hammer and a rag.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
                            @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

What shop did this?
                              @sd262 - instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Icana4dit View Post
                                What shop did this?
                                Tuning Works on Long Island.

Thanks for all the support guys, right now fixing it myself isn't a first priority, but down the road I'm def going to look into all the options, and see what can be done before going straight to new fenders

Comment

Working...
                                X