Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 Mustang GT Build

Hey guys/gals,

I'm new here and I'm starting this thread to kind of organize my thoughts and document my progress.

I plan on starting my build soon. I was inspired by a couple of Mustangs I saw on this site so I hop.to get some feedback here and learn a lot about suspension and fitment.

I'd like to have some photos up by this weekend.

This is my build list so far:

Purchased $835 Megan Racing Coilovers

Purchased $55 Blox Gold Tuner Lugs
    Purchased $145 Steeda X5 Ball Joints
    Purchased $168 Steeda Bumpsteer Kit
    Purchased $116 J&M Adjustable Panhard Bar

Purchased $417 Achilles ATR Sport 245 40 18
    Purchased $840 Miro 398 18X10.5 +20mm

$2700 Total (give or take)

My goal is to have all parts and installed by March-April 2013

I haven't made a decision on wheels yet. I like the xxr 526 but I'm not sure about the offset. The size I want is offered in a +20 offset and I know +30 seems to fit really well.

I also dig the xxr 521 but I'm not sure how I feel about having black wheels. It may look good not too sure my Mustang is silver. The size I'm looking at in those wheels is 20X10.5 +30

Let me know what you think about my build list and if I'm missing anything or if there is anything that may be unnecessary.

My goal for this car is to just go low and slow I don't drive it fast I really just like to cruise and hear the rumble of the engine every now and again.

This Mustang inspired me and I'm somewhat trying to replicate his suspension set up.

So anyways I'd like to hear what you all have to say

Here is a couple pics of what I'm starting with.

Last edited by Jarrid1220; 01-07-2013, 03:08 AM.

i will be sub'd when you post your first real update. first post a pic of the car you start with.
    Lucas
    Daily: 2004 Pontiac GTO. . . . . . . . . Daily Econobox: 2009 Mini Clubman Cooper
    Originally posted by LCG
    High 21! It's like a high 5 but includes both hands, both feet and a boner.

Comment

i think it would be cooler if you chose something other than xxr's. Otherwise looks like you have a good plan!

Comment

Originally posted by B Rod View Post
        i think it would be cooler if you chose something other than xxr's. Otherwise looks like you have a good plan!
        I'm not 100 percent stuck on xxr I am searching for others. I really like Rota Grids.

Comment

Agreed on the xxr's ^^^

I'm excited with a predetermined boner.. lol

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

Varrstoens might look good also.

Comment

Originally posted by yurotrash View Post
              Varrstoens might look good also.
              Damn I'm digging those hyper blacks. I may go that route. Wheels will be the last thing I purchase. Well tires too but I'm trying to keep wheels under $1200.

Comment

I have a weird soft spot for these things, I'm not sure how it came about, but now I am here to watch you build yours.

If it counts for anything my vote goes for the Varrstoens as well.

Daily Project 1980 more-door Rabbit "Ruth" ^
                save the squares

Comment

Its really early but I keep going back to the xxr 526. They are a good price and I love the deep dish. The specs on them are 18X10.5 with a + 20 offset. I feel they would give a real good fit.

Comment

As a fellow mustang owner I would like to see where this goes :-D good luck
                    now take it home and f*** with it- deftones

Comment

Nice, before I got this camaro I had a silver 06 Gt with gold BBS LM's, a procharger and bride seats.

Comment

The more I look at these es222 I like them more and more. Too bad the full polish is out of stock though.

The specs on the varrs toen are 19X10.5 +22. That shouldn't have a problem fitting

Comment

There's a guy on s197forum with those wheels. I think his username is ak47u or something similar.

Comment

This fitment is exactly what I'm looking for. I may go rota grids.

Comment

Yepp that is the guy I was talking about.

Comment

Working...
                              X