No drama in this LBC - dog content

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No drama in this LBC - dog content

LBC= Little Bear Cub .... if you say it with a drunk russian mobster accent it sounds

Anyway, this is my new 7 week old Labbe (80% lab, 20% beagle). A Labbe has the coat, bark, look, temper etc of a Lab but they are just slightly smaller. My dog will be roughly 35-40lbs full grown.

Anyway, her name is Coco or coco puff or turd, or when she poops it's "how many turds could a turd dog chuck if a turd dog could chuck turds"

Here she is:

Real name is James

Also, this is our first puppy and HOLY SHIT they are alot of work. Just like a new born baby.
    We are kennel training her and the whining/crying is maddening
    Real name is James

Comment

Try putting a used shirt or something that smells like you near the kennel. Helped my dog.

Comment

Cute little bugger. Lolled hard at the turd line. Good luck training the little shit, I wouldn't even know where to begin with.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

That is a cute dog. Just be persistant in training, if you decide to let up and give in to whining and crying the dog will end up being a needy fucker

Comment

also get a clock that ticks next to the kennel it helped my pug.

Comment

Cute name.

Comment

Originally posted by Jlyons617 View Post
                also get a clock that ticks next to the kennel it helped my pug.
                ^ - This! This works. I've got a "Bassadore" Half lab mutt, half AKC basset hound. He was the cutest puppy, and he's probably pretty similar to your little Turd there. He looked like a lab in the head(square head, slightly shorter nose), but with basset ears, and he's got a basset howl. He's like a full sized dog on shorter basset legs(about 55 lbs full sized @ 2 years old, and about 2.5 feet tall). He's hilarious looking, everyone loves him. I'll have to post a pic of him later. I compare him to a lowered car when I talk about how fast and agile he is. He looks awkward, clumsy, and goofy, but he's strong and fast. And because he's so low to the ground he can turn on a dime. It's something to see, he gets hyper spurts and runs around my back yard, and he'll kick up dirt when he runs and make rooster tails when he turns.

Train him/her or they'll train you. But either way... the clock thing works and so does the old t-shirt/clothes trick. And the old clothes in their Kennel seems to make them more loyal too. We put a clock in the kennel with him the second night(we wrapped a ticking wall clock inside an old pair of my jeans). And it helps if they haven't been washed so they smell like you. Then we went to PetSmart the next day and bought this nursing stuffed animal thing. I'm pretty sure it was actually for young kittens still nursing that lost their mothers. It had a little hole to put a baby bottle(we didn't use that part), and it had a little "heart" inside taht ran off a watch battery. It beat like a real heart, and even put off a little vibration. The difference was like night and day with Frank(our dog). He whined all night the first night(with nothing), then the next night we did the clock thing and he was straight. I was amazed at the difference. The nursing thing worked great, but the clock thing works too. He kept that stuffed animal FOREVER. He tore all his other toys up pretty quickly, but that one lasted forever, he took care of it and it was his favorite. We called it his "friend".

Dogs are the SHIT! They're the best pets, and loyal companions to those who raise them right. Puppies are cute for a reason.... they're a lot of work and they're a pain in the ass. It's a lot of work, but it'll pay off. Our dog is one of the best dogs we know. And he's only formally trained by the two of us. You'll be able to tell how well you trained him/her when you get around people and their dogs(good or bad).

Also..... if you plan on taking your dog with you places, get him/her used to riding in a car young. Frank has gotten sick in my backseat a few times. But he definitely knows better. Last time he got sick he hung his head and looked so sad. I always carry upholstery cleaner and rags in my car, so I wasn't mad. His face showed that he had punished himself. Frank loves going for rides, he goes everywhere with us.

Sorry for "dog ladying" out on you there. I love dogs(obviously). Good luck man!

Comment

Working...
                X