Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TurboFox View Post

Sounds legit, is it clean?

Paints fading interiors somewhat shot but it runs she drives it and everything on its all original so I look at it as a blank canvas so to speak

Comment

Update

Got the coils installed a few weeks ago but didn't update my thread because it isn't really that low yet. I want to wait until I get rims to really lower it cause I feel like it will just look goofy real low with the stock wheels, plus my jack does not fit under the car now so I have to get a low pro jack from harbor freight asap. Anyway I have been seeing a lot of members with foxes popping up so I figured I would show everyone whats been going on with the car....

Here is a picture of the coilovers before I installed them.
      (sorry the first few pictures suck I had my camera on some oddball setting )

Comparison

Rear install was a breeze. Notice I have a solid rear axle which means NO camber . Cobra IRS is an option but out of my budget at the moment. Not sure how "flush" I can get the rear rim fitment without being able to camber the rims....

Another of the rears

Fronts took a full day because I had to upgrade to 87-93 v8 spindles and brakes. The four cylinder spindles and 79-86 v8 spindles have a larger strut mount so the bilstiens would not fit the four cylinder spindle.

After a few issues (no install/build is ever issue free lol), such as having to move the brake line bracket and the rotor rubbing the dust shield. Here is the fronts were done.

It still needs to be lower, but I want to wait until I get rims. It is still 3in lower than my cousins car .

Im having trouble deciding what rims to get I don't want to spend more than 1k on rims and its hard to find 4x108 rims in decent offsets. Any suggestions you guys have on rims would be appreciated. I would convert to five lug but right now I just want to get rims and enjoy the car, then when I am out of college go all out with rotiforms, cobra irs, etc.

Comment

which rotiforms where you thinking about?
        http://sweet-mechanical-goodness.tumblr.com

Comment

Rotiforms are a long term goal but I would get these http://rotiform.com/products_roc_race.html

I would love to just put those rims on the car but then if I convert to five lug or if I get a cobra irs I would have to get new rims in a 5x114.3 bolt pattern

Comment

These are similar style and way cheaper (theyre replicas, but on a budget they work perfect I think). There are alot more options for 4-lug fox's out there than when mine was still 4-lug. americanmuscle.com and latemodelrestoration.com have tons of parts for mustangs. Also for restoration type parts I would use foxmustangrestoration.com, they have good quality parts at great prices

90 Civic Wagon Build Thread
            1989 Mustang GT

Comment

What offsets work on these? One cheap thing you could do is pull all the hubs and rotors and have them drilled to 4x100. That would drop the price and open up tons of wheels for you to run.

Comment

I think Diamond Racing wheels would be your best choice.
                They are cheap, and would look great on the Mustang.

Comment

OMG, so clean!!! I wish I had a turbo 2.3... Although my fuel economy isn't even that bad, it's just the "cool factor" of having a 4 banger turbo mustang.

I think mine is lower than yours, and I have no handling issues... I think the mustang guys say you'll handle like crap just to scare you from giving your car a fresh stance.. lol

I'm not sure about the exhaust on the 2.3's, but the 5.0 exhaust hangs real low and scrapes on absolutely everything. (I even scrape on road reflectors when I change lanes sometimes!!!) And if yours hangs below anything, re-routing it is a must if you're slamming your car. I'm hopefully doing mine this weekend, along with my coil-overs.

Comment

Jealous... Also, those American muscle replicas... Just saying!

Comment

Really Impressed with this car! Great transformation.

Comment

Really nice car. Good to see you are keeping the car nice and clean but taking a different direction that most. I'm thinking about going for stance on my '84...just not sure what diameter wheel to go with.

What are the specs on the coilover springs you used?

Really eager to see where you go with this car!

Comment

Originally posted by keeton View Post
                          Really nice car. Good to see you are keeping the car nice and clean but taking a different direction that most. I'm thinking about going for stance on my '84...just not sure what diameter wheel to go with.

What are the specs on the coilover springs you used?

Really eager to see where you go with this car!
                          I used 350Ib springs in the front 10in long spring. In the back I have 200Ib springs 8in long spring. If you want to go real low you would probably need higher spring rates than those. I would have went higher but then I would need to get the bilstien HD's re-valved.

Comment

I'm really liking the sudden spring up of fox body builds on here, I've got like 4 to compare to my car, and see what other people are having for issues as I starting building mine. You're lucky to have picked up such a clean fox, I'm currently just fixing things that are broken, I can't wait to actually start modding.

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Comment

Finally got some rims on my car. Decided to go cheap and get some 17x9 mustang sc replica wheels. I know a lot of you won't like that fact that I went for function over form, but I am really happy with how the car looks. The car does need to be lowered a little more but the fender lips will need to be rolled first.

Comment

looks great! I have always loved those wheels. Thought about a set of the x10 all around on one of my cars quite a few times

Comment

Working...
                                X