1988 Mustang Hatchback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1988 Mustang Hatchback

I have been lurking on this site for about a year and love the build thread section. Some of the attention to detail on these builds is amazing! I was going to start a thread on a mustang forum but I really think my interests match the community here. Let me know what you think of the car. Comments and criticism welcome!

Quick Intro:
    So I got this car when I was 15 for a thousand dollars. The paint was terrible, it didn't run, and it was an automatic...

I'm just gonna do a quick photo bomb to get you guys up to date on the build below is some pics of the mods I have done to the car since I got it 3 years ago.

Found a turbo-coupe for $800 dollars so a turbo swap was the first mod . The engine bay and engine were painted. Also swapped the t5 trans out of the turbocoupe into my car.

Then bodywork....

Took it to a buddies house to spray the base + clear

Done...and yes those are hubcaps

Then I found an NOS 8.8 rear with 3.73's at the Ford Nationals in Carlisle, PA.

Rocked the 4x4 stance for a bit

My power steering rack suddenly got a massive hole in it one day . Luckily I found a low mileage quick ratio rack local. While I swapped the rack I threw on some ebiachs and some poly bushings in the control arms.

Then I ditched the pony wheel and threw on some 10 holes I found on CL for 100 bucks

Then I started modding...over about a year I upgraded to a t3, installed a front mount, a boport 1.5 cam, and a 3in turboback exhaust.

So this is how it looks now

I really wanted to get a 240sx to stance, but I am attached to this car and have put too much money into it to be able to sell it. I have decided to try to get rid of all the wheel gap this car has and put some nice wheels on it. The plan is sc replica wheels, 3in lips all around. I would say I am going to "stance" it, but I don't think it will be that low. Mustang guys say lowering a fox makes them handle like total shit so we will see how low I can go. There will def. be no wheel gap though.

First is coils, Just waiting on springs and cc plates. They are Bilstein HD's with maximum motorsports sleeves.

Hope to have the rims on by spring. Might try to get a wire tuck and shaved bay done this winter too.

Sorry the quality of some of the pics suck. I will try to get some decent pics up once the coils are on
    Last edited by loekaaz; 10-18-2017, 05:03 AM.

Such a strange 'muscle' car.
    I wonder how it sounds o:

I like how original it looks though, that thing's interior and body look mint.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
    @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

looks pretty good

IG: Nick475

Comment

Cool, man! Where in MD are you?

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Instagram: stuartrussell

Store: alwaysindividual.bigcartel.com

Comment

need those coils and some aggressive wheels on asap, but the chassis, bodywork and engine bay are impressively clean!

what kind of power does it put down? what are the motors capable of?
          025garage

Comment

i have had 2 foxbodies. in to see where this goes!

Comment

This is badass. Can't wait to see where it goes.

Also, in the 2nd picture, I love how the dude is not wearing a shirt and has open toe sandals, yet he's wearing latex gloves.

Comment

Love the color! Can't wait to see how this comes out
                1999 SL2 Saturn Build rip
                1998 EK hatch Civic Build

Comment

Ill be inheriting one of these one of these days from my great grandma most likely but its a coupe and a 5.0

Comment

I love fox bodies, and that color too!

Comment

Love the car. Used to have a 88 5.0 drop top as my first car. How much hp are putting down?

Comment

Love these little cars! That color looks really good man keep it up!

Comment

Originally posted by USDMalltheway View Post
                          Love these little cars! That color looks really good man keep it up!
                          Thanks, glad you like it!

Originally posted by laBeef View Post
                          Love the car. Used to have a 88 5.0 drop top as my first car. How much hp are putting down?
                          Thanks, Its prob only putting out about 230-250hp at the wheels. I am not really sure though since I have never dynoed it, the stock cylinder heads on these engines are very restrictive though. It can hang with my buddies 07 wrx, he has a 3in turboback, intake, and stage 2 cobb. I also (barely) beat my buddies stock evo.

Originally posted by MattyHacks71 View Post
                          I love fox bodies, and that color too!
                          Thanks! I get mixed reviews on the color.

Originally posted by Huffy View Post
                          Ill be inheriting one of these one of these days from my great grandma most likely but its a coupe and a 5.0
                          Sounds legit, is it clean?

Originally posted by Randomofodication View Post
                          Love the color! Can't wait to see how this comes out
                          Thanks, glad to get some more love for the medium shadow blue!

Originally posted by B Rod View Post
                          This is badass. Can't wait to see where it goes.

Also, in the 2nd picture, I love how the dude is not wearing a shirt and has open toe sandals, yet he's wearing latex gloves.
                          Haha, yea thats my dad. Did not notice he was in the picture...

Originally posted by tcturbo91 View Post
                          i have had 2 foxbodies. in to see where this goes!
                          Awesome, hopefully you'll like it when its done!

Originally posted by motocaddy View Post
                          need those coils and some aggressive wheels on asap, but the chassis, bodywork and engine bay are impressively clean!

what kind of power does it put down? what are the motors capable of?
                          Yea, not having the coils or aggressive wheels is really killing me right now. The engines can put down over 700hp if you have deep pockets, there is one guy running 9's with a 2.3 turbo putting out around 900hp. With an aluminum ported head, stage 3 cam, big turbo etc. 400hp is pretty reliable though.

Originally posted by FunfGang View Post
                          Cool, man! Where in MD are you?
                          Originally posted by Nick475 View Post
                          looks pretty good
                          Thanks guys! And I am in the Baltimore area

Originally posted by rice4life View Post
                          Such a strange 'muscle' car.
                          I wonder how it sounds o:

I like how original it looks though, that thing's interior and body look mint.
                          Yea I love peoples reactions to the car (especially when they hear the bov). I don't really consider it a muscle car at all lol. I will upload some vids of the car running it sounds pretty good with the mild cam and bov.

Comment

Lower with some wide wheels and itll be ill
                            Follow on IG
                            amgwheelwhore

Buy my wheels
                            Vintage AME Wheels
                            RUF Speedline Wheels

Buy my cars
                            W115 & W123

Comment

wow looks very clean! Cant wait to see it lowered+wheels. Makes me want one

Comment

Working...
                              X