Need advice on tire width...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advice on tire width...

I'm about to buy some wheels for my '91 318is and I was looking for advice on tire width. The wheels I'm about to purchase are 16x8.25. I don't believe they'll be too wide but please correct me on that if I'm wrong. What I'm looking for is performance. I know, I know... this is probably the wrong place to be asking for purely performance advice, but you guys probably know more about wheel fitment than any other guys. What's the widest I can go on 8.25 wheels and what tires should I consider for sticky-ness and overall performance? I'm on stock suspension which will be upgraded when and only when I do a 5 lug conversion on my e30. So these wheels will be temporary.

if you are looking for performance, and buying the widest tire, dont buy xxr's with a zero offset. i'll answer your question once you choose a wheel that you can actually fit wide tires on, under an e30 chassis

Comment

Yeah I see your point. New plan... the wheels I'm looking at now are 16x8 with a +25 offset. The XXRs were my first choice but obviously, that's not going to work. Which is sad because I really like that design. My buddy is running VMR VB3, basically CSL reps and I was really hoping for a similar looking wheel.

Comment

these are the wheels i'm looking at currently

Comment

when mine was on H&R cup kit I ran a 205/50/16 on 16x8 xxr 521s plenty of meat
          Follow on IG
          amgwheelwhore

Buy my wheels
          Vintage AME Wheels
          RUF Speedline Wheels

Buy my cars
          W115 & W123

Comment

Working...
          X