So I'm Back...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I'm Back...

For 10 days at least. Just graduated bootcamp, and am now officially a private first class in the USMC. 10 days and ill be back in cali doing combat training. Ill be back for good tho after that. Hopefully with a ride and some lows to come. We'll see though. Depends on what the wife says, lol. She doesnt like the idea of an e46
    2005 Audi S4
    2008 Cadillac CTS 3.6

~~~Luxury is a Lifestyle~~~

Congratulations!

My younger brother is at Camp Pendleton in California right now, he graduated in April.

Thank you!

Comment

I've always wanted to hear the opinion from someone in the forces...

How do you feel about fighting wars that are started by governments who don't actually fight themselves and feel it's ok to send innocent civilians to kill eachother over silly disputes between them? Not you and the other guy fighting for his government.

I'd love to see a worldwide protest against fighting starting with people like you as these aren't our wars, the only conflict is between the leaders and most of the time is over money/property. They have created the conflict between nations.

Yay for organised murder because it's about money and these leaders say it's ok to kill.

Comment

My brother just finished his service in the Corps. HMLA 369, did a tour in Iraq and two tours in Afghanistan. I was always surprised at how nice the cars on base were. But I guess if its the only thing you're spending your money on.... He bought a "stanced" 07 civic coupe from another Marine that was little more than a death trap. The guy put eBay lowering springs on and then cut those so much that it was only the weight of the car holding them onto the strut. It would randomly dart left and right on the highway without warning. Scary. I took it back to stock for him while he was deployed.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymoose View Post
          I've always wanted to hear the opinion from someone in the forces...

How do you feel about fighting wars that are started by governments who don't actually fight themselves and feel it's ok to send innocent civilians to kill eachother over silly disputes between them? Not you and the other guy fighting for his government.

I'd love to see a worldwide protest against fighting starting with people like you as these aren't our wars, the only conflict is between the leaders and most of the time is over money/property. They have created the conflict between nations.

Yay for organised murder because it's about money and these leaders say it's ok to kill.
          I never served and I can't speak for the armed forces but I can say that for the most part. These guys are warriors, some people are artists, some people are healers etc. and some people were just put on this planet to fuck shit up and they take pleasure in doing that. Not without cause mind you, but it doesn't take much for a warrior to justify killing someone that would just as soon kill them. My personal opinion? I don't think the people in these countries that we're fighting in are worth the American lives lost or the taxes taken out of my paycheck. I'm not trying to save the world, just take care of my family. I think if we all looked at it like that we'd be better off. I don't have time to care about people half way around the world, my kids need to eat.

Comment

They are warriors indeed but don't you think that everyone, no matter where they are feel exactly the same way you do? They want to keep their family's safe. It doesn't matter what side you're on, people are fighting when they don't need to.

If our world leaders did their jobs properly they would not force these conflicts in the first place and would resolve issues between themselves peacefully. War is created by leaders for gain. End of. It has nothing to do with everyday people until they convince you that it does which is wrong. No sane person anywhere would rather fight than live a peaceful life but the sad thing is there aren't many that realise this.

The only reason I asked my original question is because it will affect us all very soon and I want to know how the people in the middle of it feel. We will be asked to fight and I just hope people can see that we don't need to. Without the unquestioning warriors governments will have to sort their issues peacefully because we all know they aren't going to pick up a gun.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymoose View Post
              They are warriors indeed but don't you think that everyone, no matter where they are feel exactly the same way you do? They want to keep their family's safe. It doesn't matter what side you're on, people are fighting when they don't need to.

If our world leaders did their jobs properly they would not force these conflicts in the first place and would resolve issues between themselves peacefully. War is created by leaders for gain. End of. It has nothing to do with everyday people until they convince you that it does which is wrong. No sane person anywhere would rather fight than live a peaceful life but the sad thing is there aren't many that realise this.

The only reason I asked my original question is because it will affect us all very soon and I want to know how the people in the middle of it feel. We will be asked to fight and I just hope people can see that we don't need to. Without the unquestioning warriors governments will have to sort their issues peacefully because we all know they aren't going to pick up a gun.
              It's all that simple right?

IG: @_olliee

Comment

Originally posted by Ollie View Post
                It's all that simple right?
                Don't get me wrong, the process isn't simple at all and I'm not trying to say that, but the idea is. I didn't go into anything because I'm not trying to write a thesis here just curious about how someone serving views the basic picture.

Though that kind of brush off is the reason it probably won't happen.

Comment

Working...
                X