No announcement yet.

e28/e24 Coilover DIY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wanna buy this kit but I don't know if the sleeves are 2 inch so they can fit over my bilsteins and front housings. Anybody have some information they can hand out?

Aram

Comment

Originally posted by bawarian_euros View Post
      http://www.ebay.com/itm/GREEN-JDM-Ad...c296fa&vxp=mtr

I wanna buy this kit but I don't know if the sleeves are 2 inch so they can fit over my bilsteins and front housings. Anybody have some information they can hand out?

Aram
      Those will work.

Comment

Originally posted by noshow View Post
        Those will work.
        Sweet, thanks for the confirmation! I'll be ordering a sweet set up for my car ready to install after the car gets a respray

Comment

to the OP, would these same front shock options (g60, IX e30's, etc) work for an e21?

another question, based on you building these for and E21 and your E24, do you think coilovers designed for an E28 would work on an E21? thanks

Comment

new to the 6 family and stance works too, i already got the springs and i wanna attempt this
            what did you use to cut the spring perch?

Comment

Originally posted by boogie View Post
              new to the 6 family and stance works too, i already got the springs and i wanna attempt this
              what did you use to cut the spring perch?
              A combination of a cutting wheel to remove it and an angle grinder to get it to a smooth finish for new coilover spring perches. I can post pictures of some 630csi struts on Monday to show you more.

1983 528e, 230,xxx miles, Alpine weiss. M20B25 swapped
              my tumblr.
              What the f**k is a build thread?

Comment

Okay, can someone lead me in the direction for some of these universal sleeves and adjusters? Are they something to get separate from one another or would I be better of getting one of these universal kits and just throw the included springs away? Also, are new top hats needed??

Comment

Bump.

Comment

Just check eBay
                    '94 Nissan Altima GXE
                    '00 Ford Mustang GT | Domestic-Bunny

I make music and gaming videos in Cali. @ktfright

youtube.com/ktfright | ktf.bandpage.com

Comment

I had been checking on there, but all I saw was those shitty Honda coilover sleeve applications, and none of the threaded sleeves looked really long enough for much adjustment. But through some more research I've decided to go with these..

Free Shipping - Allstar Performance Coilover Sleeves with qualifying orders of $109. Shop Coilover Sleeves at Summit Racing.

Comment

Summit makes a good set for that. Any kit like we have to make won't have a lot of height adjustability so you just have to place the collar lower to get everything where you want it.

1983 528e, 230,xxx miles, Alpine weiss. M20B25 swapped
                        my tumblr.
                        What the f**k is a build thread?

Comment

Originally posted by FS FTW View Post
                          I had been checking on there, but all I saw was those shitty Honda coilover sleeve applications, and none of the threaded sleeves looked really long enough for much adjustment. But through some more research I've decided to go with these..

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/aa...7/media/images
                          In any case to use those sleeves, you will need to change the height of your original perch which I don't think is necessary, I used the Civic sleeves and they work completely fine. I even had to cut from the top to fit the nut on top for the inserts. I have some photos in my thread for my M6 go check it out.

Post your build threads here! Keep us updated on what you're doing in your garage.

Comment

will this work on a E12?

Comment

Asking the questions we want answers to ^ referred to this thread

Bumping a year old thread like I give a fuck.
                              '93 Jaguar XJ6 4 liter.
                              '85 GMC S15 Sierra long bed.
                              '01 BMW 740iL
                              Instagram @bennkishh

Comment

I think I have more pics on my laptop. Iwill check tomorrow and upload what i have. Until then, here is the build thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X