Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1967 Pro-Touring 122 Amazon (Project Volvo X)540 Horsepower LS6/Tremec TKO600 5-Speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TeckniX View Post
    Thanks for sharing, but you only paid $1k for the car????
    That's incredible for the beautiful shape it's in. Great find and great build.
    All I can say is Craigslist.. LOL Searchtempest.com really is a great tool also, because it makes Craigslist much easier to use..

Comment

• You have my attention, great work so far!
      Fleet

'95 E36 Compact | m50tu | 3.45LSD | Autopilot V2, AirLift Performance Series (F), Air House 2 (R) - BUILD THREAD

'02 E39 540i Touring | Muffler Delete | Autopilot V2, AirLift Performance Series (F), RE5 (R) - BUILD THREAD

Comment

• Any idea on a ETA on paint?

Comment

• Really awesome build but that splitter ruins the lines .

Comment

• schweet
            Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

• Originally posted by rsingh3g View Post
              Any idea on a ETA on paint?
              I was hoping that gets started on in the next few weeks, right after the motor fires up.. My guy was suppose to be working on the body part time during the last several weeks, but I am sure you know how that goes..LOL I really think the game will change, once this thing is all one color. I will have a Black Epoxy Primer stage, so I will get to see what it would look like with the Hot Rod Flat Black color also..

I am not doing a full rotissorie build on this one, because it will be abused and might be damaged in the first few weeks, so the bottom of the car will be just cleaned and re undercoated.. So once it is started, the paint job should be about 4 weeks, but there will be alot of updates during that time also.

Comment

• Here is a little teaser/tech info about the headlamps being made for this build.. They will have the amber turn/park lamps made into the bottom of them, and they are seperate from the actual headlamp..

Being that these are HID Projector Lights, they will have a smooth reflector, along with a clear lense for a completely clean look.. I dont like the fluted glass or angled reflectors that are typically used for the refracting of the light project, because old school headlamps look cluttered and dull..

These things will really come together, once the projector and lense are installed.. These are hand fabbed, and are completely custom, so there are alot of option to choose from.. In the build of these, you actually have a variety of light color spectrum to run them in.. I will be going for the Pure White, but you have the choice of the Blues/Purples, Yellow tone, and a few others.. There is also the option of an outer or inner LED Halo, that can be used for several functions also.

Here is a pic of the headlamps I have now, but these do not have the turn/park section made into them, because these are for my Project Changling P1800 build, which will have an updated park lamp still on the fender. These have the Projector LED Halo, rather than the outer ring Halo.

Last edited by Iamtheonlyreal1; 12-21-2012, 11:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iamtheonlyreal1 View Post
                  I was hoping that gets started on in the next few weeks, right after the motor fires up.. My guy was suppose to be working on the body part time during the last several weeks, but I am sure you know how that goes..LOL I really think the game will change, once this thing is all one color. I will have a Black Epoxy Primer stage, so I will get to see what it would look like with the Hot Rod Flat Black color also..

I am not doing a full rotissorie build on this one, because it will be abused and might be damaged in the first few weeks, so the bottom of the car will be just cleaned and re undercoated.. So once it is started, the paint job should be about 4 weeks, but there will be alot of updates during that time also.
                  Ah I see. Well this is what I say

Comment

• i am the only one who thinks this car might actually be the second coming?
                    That Wheel Guy

Lowered Values

Comment

• I rolled the car out, so I can see the proportions of the REMOVABLE AIR DAM/SPLITTER in the real world.. I think if I take some of the forward extension away from the lower splitter wing, that will help out the back looking view of the air dam body. The mounting position of the air dam is optimal for the quick connect/disconnect setup I am wanting to run, so it really needs to work where it is located. It may still look a bit clunky or awckward, but once everything is level and body color, I really think it will look at home there. Especially at the track event settings, where there are alot of other cars with various aerodynamic aides attached..

I could resist putting two stock Amazon's next to it during the pics of the air dam/splitter, because I was curious what it would look like at some upcoming events, if it was just setting in a crowd of Amazon's..

Comment

• I am trying another rear bumper license plate mounting setup, and I am actually using the front bumper license plate relief.. In order to have it flow correctly into the rear bumper, the mounting angle is just a bit much, but I wonder if I can source an early chrome style license plate frame from some where? I had a PV that had a nice American license plate housing/mount, and I have seen something similar for the Amazon's.

I am also experimenting with rear mud flaps, and I am trying to use an altered version of the front mud flaps.. I think they will come back and out just a bit more, but they should work out.. It is Volvo styling, and I like the benefit I should get from them, when it comes to chipping and Tire Abuse. I havent trimmed out the spare tire sump, but it will be reduced to be abover the lower quarter panel, so it will not be seen when all is done.

The bumper will be made into a one piece bumper like the front, and all the mounting bolts will be hidden on the back side, but this will give an idea of what the overall bumper will look like.

Comment

• I am really gravitating toward this option, and I think I will make it drop down anytime the ignition is on.. I can hide the whole plate behind the bumper, and in the body work, so none of the mechanism will be seen at all. If I do this set up, I will have a perfectly smooth bumper, with no reliefs of anykind, and that would be as clean looking as is possible.. I think this is the direction I am going to go for sure, but I am waiting for it to come in, so I can make sure there isnt any reason it cannot be used for the rear? It seems to me, that the front mount would be alot harder on the structure of the unit, due to the direct air force, but there may be a reason why it wont work hanging down from the rear?

Here is a Youtube link to a modified Show and Go hidden plate unit.. It is typically used for the front plates, but I can easily modify it for a rear application..

The first video is of how the Show and Go works without modification, but you can see the mechanism below the body, which I dont like.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A24u56tfQqY"]Altec Motorized License Plate - YouTube[/ame]

This video is of a modified Show and Go, which allows the plate to drop straight down, so all the mechanism can be hidden in th body work.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S69y7VMa6Vo&NR=1&feature=endscreen"]Show N' Go License Plate on a INGS+1 350z - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• Originally posted by Iamtheonlyreal1 View Post
                            I am actually building that version of the P1800, and it is called Project Changling..
                            this just keeps getting better and better! Please tell me you will be posting a build thread for that as well. I have loved p1800s since I first saw them. My uncle has a wagon that I have been begging him to let me buy since I can remember lol. He has 2 more now. lol

For Sale - e24 Build thread

Add me on Facebook
                            Instagram @Dared_Turtle

Comment

• Originally posted by evilstar View Post
                              this just keeps getting better and better! Please tell me you will be posting a build thread for that as well. I have loved p1800s since I first saw them. My uncle has a wagon that I have been begging him to let me buy since I can remember lol. He has 2 more now. lol

Here is a link to the Project Changling P1800 Build, and I will be posting a build thread on there, once I get started on it again.. I am trying to wrap up this build for product results and trials, so this car will be abused instead of Project Changling, which has some major appearances when it is done..

There are alot of body mods on this car, beause it is being built after the Vox P1800 Rendition. I am now planning on an LS upgrade up to the SuperCharged LS9, which will put this car way over the top.. LOL

Comment

• Man, this is incredible. These cars look so sinister when done correctly. Loving this build, can't wait for more updates!

--Golden Boy E30 Build--

--My Shop: Where Passion Meets Livelihood (or tries to)--

--Etsy Shop--

--@ayyyitsmikey--

Comment

Working...
                                X