Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

These are a few of my favorite things... (about being low)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• These are a few of my favorite things... (about being low)

I'm about to be low again, and I can't wait... I'm sure you all know the feeling, especially if you have lost a pavement scraper in an accident.

I've been in my Mk5 for about 8 months now, and I still cringe at dips and bumps, and of course pot holes even though I'm only on sport springs and have plenty of clearance with my sunken stock wheels and tires.

To many, especially passengers the sounds of frame scraping and tire rubbing is a cacophony, but scraping on my way into work or on the crown of the road as I cross is something I miss.

I would have to say that my most favorite thing about being low was keeping a calm smirk despite the reactions of my passengers as I would scrape along.

Other than that I miss waving at other dubbers and parking next to stock identical vehicles.

What are your favorite things?

Hitting a dip mid corner and getting shot into the other lane while driving hard. Good times.

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Instagram: stuartrussell

Store: alwaysindividual.bigcartel.com

Comment

Everyone looks!

Everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by NickBroderick View Post
        Everyone looks!

Everyone.
        The first day I drove the bmw around, it was super nice and out everyone was outside, and I had no hood on and I was still throwing flames everywhere and scraping and such. Was seriously breaking necks. I don't do it to look cool, but it was the BEST damn feeling ever.

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Instagram: stuartrussell

Store: alwaysindividual.bigcartel.com

Comment

People breaking necks is one of my favorite parts about being stupid low.

I enjoy seeing people go "...what the fuck?" when you hover past.
          BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
          Originally posted by Ollie
          We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

Or the constant remarks of "I think you need to lower that thing a little bit more"

Comment

I love the challenge of avoiding the bad parts in a road and steep driveway angles that require quick strategizing.

Comment

The people I meet, and the friendships formed from one common interest

Comment

Driving in the middle of the lane when people tailgate you and showering them in sparks.

My e39 is low, but it's not slammed. I can go pretty much everywhere with it without hitting, but for some reason when it does hit I cringe. In the e30 I would smack over things and laugh, I'm not sure why I feel different in this car.

Comment

Originally posted by Byron View Post
                    My e39 is low, but it's not slammed. I can go pretty much everywhere with it without hitting, but for some reason when it does hit I cringe. In the e30 I would smack over things and laugh, I'm not sure why I feel different in this car.
                    Probably because if something breaks, it'll cost 5x more in parts, haha.

Comment

I love the looks I get, but I can't wait to get new coil-overs and slam my car on it's nuts. I rarely scrape now and damn, I can't wait to scrape everywhere next year.
                      BMW E38
                      That White Evo
                      -SOLD
                      instagram @kbuss
                      flickr

Comment

After being low for few years by now, I dont miss a thing about it.

IG: PavelKostyurin

Comment

Originally posted by NickBroderick View Post
                          Everyone looks!

Everyone.
                          This.

Best thing is actually kids' reactions. One time I was stopped at a light, had the windows down, and this little boy on the sidewalk just stopped and stared, tugged on his mother's sleeve and was all like "Mommy! Mommy! Look at that car! I want one like that!"

Or while going to a show in a convoy of 5 or 6 slammed E36s, there was this amateur league soccer team in a big van slowly cruising past us on the Autobahn and they all had these unbelieving looks on their faces and a few guys were taking videos of us

It's awesome to hear and see random people appreciate what you've built, even though you've really just built it for yourself.

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

Originally posted by PavelK313 View Post
                            After being low for few years by now, I dont miss a thing about it.
                            get out of here then!
                            IG @RobthaBavarian

Comment

We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

lol

And dis dat shit I don't like:
                              [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPEKIszPrL0"]VIP Q45 Y33 getting towed - YouTube[/ame]

IG: @_olliee

Comment

Working...
                              X