Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: These are a few of my favorite things... (about being low)

My fire is inside the car, which makes it a little more intense when it happens.

All of these are spot on reasons on why i like being lowered,

For me, ill say its the reaction i get from people, like my mom, as well as other people asking "Is it supposed to be THAT low?" "OMG why would you WANT it that low??"

Another thing i like is creating a scene, when pulling onto a main road from a raised parking lot, and everyone having to stop and yield for a slammed Mini Cooper, People looking "Man, that thang rides LOW!" "What kind of car is that??"

I would say the best thing is the reaction i get from non car people, and my gf when i talk about wheels.. LOL priceless...

Looking over and random people taking pictures. Passengers leaning over drivers to look while driving. The best one damn that's low how do you drive it?

The coolest thing I think (being one of few, I think one of 3 Saturn Sc2's) is the scene's reaction.

"wow dude, that's cool."
    "never seen a Saturn like that"
    "I can't wait to see what you do with it"

Or people outside of the scene:
    "Is...that your exhaust? out of the side of your car" ()
    "why is it.....scraping?"
    "is your car okay?? I just saw you scrape!"
    "dad look, that car has a side exit. like a racecar!"

It's alot of fun to be different, I'll be going in a new direction with my little Sc in the next few months. Wheels, new suspension, etc soon to come. Pretty excited. I hope I can continue to inspire people to take the road less traveled when it comes to cars. Sometimes what isn't exactly cool, is the coolest.

I always get a kick out of people's reactions in crowded areas when I drag over speedbumps. Throwing sparks is also an amazing experience.
    One of my favorite moments is when I bottomed out at 75 on the highway and my sister's friend in the back seat cried!
    IG: @OsakaFlocka

Looks a shitload better.
    When people tell you your car is lowered too much, or ask why.
    When you get asked how many inches you lowered it, lol.

I have sawblades for the sole purpose of being cheap. They aren't in the greatest shape, but I daily my car, so I'm okay with it. I also am aware of how played out sawblades are in the VW community. That being said, here in Northeast CT there are only a handful of stance enthusiasts, but many muscle car guys. I love when people are like, "I didn't know you could do that" or "It looks awesome" because in my mind my car is pretty cookie cutter, but that's what I wanted for a daily... Perfect example of the fact that it isn't played until you see it in your own neighborhood.

and speaking of corvette wheels, if there is a corvette in a parking lot I will park next to it.

I love parking next to something that makes modifications stand out. We all gravitate to parking next to the same make or model, another enthusiast, but having another car's wheels gives me more of a chance of being able to park next to something that makes me feel good about all the changes I've made and having a random person in a parking lot take notice when they go back to their car.

I am a little disappointed if I get back to my car first and the other owner is none the wiser.

I used to love when I drive my jeep somewhere and come out to 4 other lifted jeeps and two or three stockers parked in the same area as myself.

I agree with everyone here. My car has been off the road for awhile. And I really miss the stares.

the shaking heads when they hear me scraping through speedhumps or multistorey carparks i cant get in so end up reversing out of and stares when your inches from the floor slammed compared to their shit no style modern cars

go low or go home

attention, even more so since I've moved to a small town in the country where a car like mine has never even been seen before.

Rival House Garage. #allstarmotorwerke
    A Sherman Schwartz story build thread.

I was just filling up my tires with air at a gas station, two random people came by to talk to me.

One is planning on getting a passat and slamming it, and another who claims that his "boyz stance" so he had to come check out my car....

I stopped and got my haircut on Friday, and I parked my Prelude in the middle of an empty lot. Walking towards the place I get my haircut, two younger guys walked out of a pizza joint right next door and kind of walked toward me. One of them asked "Dude, is that you?" and pointed at my car. I smiled and then had a 15 minute conversation in the cold about Hondas, wheels, and sparks.
    BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie View Post
    We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Like someone else said, as much as we don't want to admit it, it's kind of an attention whore thing but in a fun way.

The Kia has been parted.

I love watching people's reactions in my rear view mirror. Everyone leaning up towards the dash and angling their arms to show my wheels cambered. Then they get next to me and all gaze in awe.

Priceless.
    BMW E38
    That White Evo
    -SOLD
    instagram @kbuss
    flickr

New one today pass a random car, that car proceeded to weave through traffic to catch up and snap a cell pic. Looking forward to see that one on Facebook soon hahah

I got a thumbup from a younger guy in a brandddddd newww 325 or whatever. I love the neck breaking. Or catching people looking when it parked.

Also people going like this with there hands / \ behind me lol yay for camber

Quote Originally Posted by ZekeTheSneak View Post
    Also people going like this with there hands / behind me lol yay for camber
    lol yeah. I've seen that before.

I love passing vans full of kids with their noses pressed against the windows staring as I roll on by.

Its also fun when you see other low cars, I always throw them the thumbs up if it looks good. I was heading back home from Vermont a couple months ago when I saw a fairly low Jetta with a front mount start creeping up behind me. I slowed down so he could roll by and gave him the thumbs up because it was pretty clean. He in turn threw one back and we cruised for like 30 miles before going different directions. I always thought that was kinda cool, just cruising with random people on the highway.

The Kia has been parted.

Quote Originally Posted by andybob View Post
    Its also fun when you see other low cars, I always throw them the thumbs up if it looks good. I was heading back home from Vermont a couple months ago when I saw a fairly low Jetta with a front mount start creeping up behind me. I slowed down so he could roll by and gave him the thumbs up because it was pretty clean. He in turn threw one back and we cruised for like 30 miles before going different directions. I always thought that was kinda cool, just cruising with random people on the highway.
    I have to admit, this is also one of my favorite parts. about owning a modified car in general. Every now and then I'll bump into another car on the way home- a DC2 Integra, a Jetta, a Civic, ect- and they'll just stay behind me or near me in traffic until they reach where there going. I used to see a guy in a slammed Miata every few days, he would always flash his lights or stick his hand out when I passed by.
    BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie View Post
    We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

the angry looks and gestures when u come to a stop to creep over speedbump

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolaus Pro View Post
    Hit the nail on the head. I live for the looks. Cruising at the speed limit in the right lane on a busy highway, everyone passing, EVERY SINGLE PERSON with they're mouths wide open telling they're passengers to look. People taking pictures/videos, the arm motions for camber, everything about it. Basically feeling, no, BEING cooler than any motherfucker on the road . Especially when your cruising squad deep with other properly done cars. The random people that come up to you when your parked and start talking to you about your car. The gas attendants asking to take pictures. I could go on and on. This is the kind of shit me and my friends talk about all the time. Driving along side a car obviously trying to be low/fitted and having them gawk. yeah motherfucker, this is how it's done

Fuck yeah I'll admit I'm a materialistic attention-craving dickhead. If anyone says they're building cars for any other reason they're lying.
    ditto
    [B][SIZE="1"][URL="https://www.youtube.com/user/RickyMoranis"]Youtube Channel [/URL]
    [URL="http://instagram.com/superkamikazee"]Instagram[/URL]
    [URL="https://www.flickr.com/photos/60987575@N05/"]Flickr[/URL][/SIZE][/B]

Having coworkers follow me to the bank every night just to shower them in sparks. It's hilarious when they don't expect it and pull up at the bank freaking the fuck out. Ahhhh the good life. I can't wait to go lower.

1983 528e, 230,xxx miles, Alpine weiss. M20B25 swapped
    my tumblr.
    What the f**k is a build thread?

i also want to add it the reactions from the little kids. I always get the typical thumbs up and comments, but its when a 6yr old is tugging on his dads pants saying how cool that car is really puts a smile on my face know that I may of just inspired that kid.

Rival House Garage. #allstarmotorwerke
    A Sherman Schwartz story build thread.