Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: These are a few of my favorite things... (about being low)

Cool These are a few of my favorite things... (about being low)

I'm about to be low again, and I can't wait... I'm sure you all know the feeling, especially if you have lost a pavement scraper in an accident.

I've been in my Mk5 for about 8 months now, and I still cringe at dips and bumps, and of course pot holes even though I'm only on sport springs and have plenty of clearance with my sunken stock wheels and tires.

To many, especially passengers the sounds of frame scraping and tire rubbing is a cacophony, but scraping on my way into work or on the crown of the road as I cross is something I miss.

I would have to say that my most favorite thing about being low was keeping a calm smirk despite the reactions of my passengers as I would scrape along.

Other than that I miss waving at other dubbers and parking next to stock identical vehicles.

What are your favorite things?

Hitting a dip mid corner and getting shot into the other lane while driving hard. Good times.

Everyone looks!

Everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by NickBroderick View Post
    Everyone looks!

Everyone.
    The first day I drove the bmw around, it was super nice and out everyone was outside, and I had no hood on and I was still throwing flames everywhere and scraping and such. Was seriously breaking necks. I don't do it to look cool, but it was the BEST damn feeling ever.

People breaking necks is one of my favorite parts about being stupid low.

I enjoy seeing people go "...what the fuck?" when you hover past.
    BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie View Post
    We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Or the constant remarks of "I think you need to lower that thing a little bit more"

I love the challenge of avoiding the bad parts in a road and steep driveway angles that require quick strategizing.

The people I meet, and the friendships formed from one common interest

Driving in the middle of the lane when people tailgate you and showering them in sparks.

My e39 is low, but it's not slammed. I can go pretty much everywhere with it without hitting, but for some reason when it does hit I cringe. In the e30 I would smack over things and laugh, I'm not sure why I feel different in this car.

Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    My e39 is low, but it's not slammed. I can go pretty much everywhere with it without hitting, but for some reason when it does hit I cringe. In the e30 I would smack over things and laugh, I'm not sure why I feel different in this car.
    Probably because if something breaks, it'll cost 5x more in parts, haha.

I love the looks I get, but I can't wait to get new coil-overs and slam my car on it's nuts. I rarely scrape now and damn, I can't wait to scrape everywhere next year.
    BMW E38
    That White Evo
    -SOLD
    instagram @kbuss
    flickr

After being low for few years by now, I dont miss a thing about it.

IG: PavelKostyurin

Quote Originally Posted by NickBroderick View Post
    Everyone looks!

Everyone.
    This.

Best thing is actually kids' reactions. One time I was stopped at a light, had the windows down, and this little boy on the sidewalk just stopped and stared, tugged on his mother's sleeve and was all like "Mommy! Mommy! Look at that car! I want one like that!"

Or while going to a show in a convoy of 5 or 6 slammed E36s, there was this amateur league soccer team in a big van slowly cruising past us on the Autobahn and they all had these unbelieving looks on their faces and a few guys were taking videos of us

It's awesome to hear and see random people appreciate what you've built, even though you've really just built it for yourself.

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Quote Originally Posted by PavelK313 View Post
    After being low for few years by now, I dont miss a thing about it.
    get out of here then!
    IG @RobthaBavarian

We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

lol

And dis dat shit I don't like:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPEKIszPrL0"]VIP Q45 Y33 getting towed - YouTube[/ame]

IG: @_olliee

I'm not ashamed to admit it

Hit the nail on the head. I live for the looks. Cruising at the speed limit in the right lane on a busy highway, everyone passing, EVERY SINGLE PERSON with they're mouths wide open telling they're passengers to look. People taking pictures/videos, the arm motions for camber, everything about it. Basically feeling, no, BEING cooler than any motherfucker on the road . Especially when your cruising squad deep with other properly done cars. The random people that come up to you when your parked and start talking to you about your car. The gas attendants asking to take pictures. I could go on and on. This is the kind of shit me and my friends talk about all the time. Driving along side a car obviously trying to be low/fitted and having them gawk. yeah motherfucker, this is how it's done

Fuck yeah I'll admit I'm a materialistic attention-craving dickhead. If anyone says they're building cars for any other reason they're lying.
    http://www.resizeyourimage.com/upload/result/vscocam_1388024327.789032.IMG_8319.jpg

Exactly Nic!

Like when people hang out their window to take a picture :P

I love when my friends ask me why I would ever consider lowering my car. I look at them, laugh, and tell them I'm not even low.
    Because I'm not...
    Yet.
    It's like rock-crawling... in the streets...

Yup. And I'll gladly admit that I am.

I absolutely love it when people do the arm camber motion to explain it to their friends, when people smile and point at the lips of my wheels poking out from behind the car, and the slow transformation from "whaaaaaat" to "holy fuuuuuuck" with a smile on their face.

Who the hell doesn't love that?
    BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited

Watching other drivers get fired up because you pulled into a parking lot too slow, went over train tracks too slow, or avoid massive potholes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolaus Pro View Post

Fuck yeah I'll admit I'm a materialistic attention-craving dickhead. If anyone says they're building cars for any other reason they're lying.
    I believe I'm on the wrong forum, then.

when people stare at your car in admiration, sure it makes you feel good but that is definitely not why I own a cool/low car
    S50

Quote Originally Posted by ///e36 View Post
    when people stare at your car in admiration, sure it makes you feel good but that is definitely not why I own a cool/low car
    This.

Well, I don't own a low car, just one with a stupidly low oil pan.

It's also fun at night when you can look behind you and see the sheet of sparks coming from underneath your car.

And unrelated, but the exhaust on my e30 shoots flames out when you hit the redline or if you tap the gas while decelerating in gear. That is just as fun. Seeing people point at the fire, scaring people and animals with it around town, lighting up the highway at night, etc. I flew by a friend at the speed limiter once (closed roads, of course) and they called me to say my car was on fire haha.