Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2003 Opel Combo from Poland says hello to everyone here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting!

Comment

Nice The steelies looks spot on
      The mad Opel enthusiast from Norway
      My cars:
      1993 Opel Vectra 4x4 Turbo
      1984 Opel Senator 2.3 TurboDiesel
      1986 Opel Ascona C 1.8 GT
      x Opel Omega 2.0 16V

Comment

<3 odd ball stanced cars

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

I'd like this more on bigger wheels. But it's definitely interesting to say the least.
          Keenan
          Flickr!
          Instagram

Comment

Thanks again guys, yet a looot of work is to be done here

Would be awesome to ride 17", but this means spray painted tyres hahah...
            Though, what I'm going to do on Spring is to buy 165/45 tyres for my Ronal's, remove helpers from the front coilovers and place new rear suspension to get it all lower.
            Already bought new suspension for the rear beam - 4motion Golf MK4 springs + VW T4 rear absorbers, which need a little improvement on bottom fasteners - anyway, so far it looks very promising
            Obviously, rear wheels will be mounted on spacers then.

Btw, this weekend I started works on wrapping the whole interior in black mat (3M), weeell, shitload of work but effect is amazing, can't wait to achieve the full wrap

Comment

Some more recent pics, when it's washed

+ why You shouldn't wrap "black plastic"...

Comment

Lovely looking Combo. Contratz for doing a different platform.

Do you have more photos of the MKV Golf or a link to the presentation thread? Thanks

Comment

Looking good
                  The mad Opel enthusiast from Norway
                  My cars:
                  1993 Opel Vectra 4x4 Turbo
                  1984 Opel Senator 2.3 TurboDiesel
                  1986 Opel Ascona C 1.8 GT
                  x Opel Omega 2.0 16V

Comment

this thing is awesome !
                    C280 Build Thread
                    C43 ///AMG Build Thread
                    E320 Wagon Build Thread

Follow me on Instagram:@SD_210

Comment

Damn! Like that someone has the same idea that I have about this car. Trying to figure out what I can do about the springs and dampers too. Managed to find only lowering springs for it but it was the wrong rear axle weight so I just removed them. I think I need to talk to some dealers if they can put together a set for me if it fits fine with what you have on yours. Do you have any pictures of your setup? Was there much customization?

Comment

Woooo :] I'm very very glad You like it so much guys.

So, as for Golf MK5 - I'll try to bring Jędrzej on here with his own thread, and it's more than worthy, that car is nuts!!
                        If You're interested and can't wait that long - he's on the local Polish forum called vwzone.pl - though, You have to have an account to view all the content.

As for rear suspension - as You might noticed I've mentioned e36 springs and Astra G dampers, and it sits like this for the moment:

Though, I had to remove adjustment and replace it with selfmade centering rings, made of ertacetal (acetal copolymer??) a piece of 1mm galvanized steel and a few screws - and all that to make it lower

But all that will be removed with Golf MK4 4motion springs + WV T4 dampers - all taken from thread TA-technix sets.
                        Rear dampers from WV T4 need a slight rework though...

Front suspension is simply Corsa C threaded set from TA-technix.
                        On Spring I'll remove helpers from the front coils too

Comment

Thanks for the pictures Got an e36 summer car so I recognize the springs. Looking forward to what you will do next with the car. Looks like some good plans. I'm running 17-inches during the summer then maybe try first so I can see how it can be first.

Comment

Weeell, for the moment I'm staying with my 16" AERO's - will try to borrow some 17" with proper tyre stretch from my mates though, and obviously will take some pics for ya
                            But it's still matter of like 2-3months till I'll drop it more

Comment

Cool to see what you have achieved with a car thats not much "stance-friendly" and often seen lowered. I own one myself, but I try to spend as little money as possible on it.

Comment

Wow, so today I replaced the previous rear suspension with the new one...
                                And seems that I won't be able to drive it that high... LOL?

It looks like that dampers are too short for the set: adjustment + springs + buffer.
                                Though the set itself is hard as fuck - so that's good for my plans for the rims.

Anyways... Removed it all, and placed naked springs + dampers, so dampers have way more workspace - and in this case, car went down for about 35mm, didn't test it out on the road yet, but I'm sure it will be working well.

Conclusion - tomorrow I'm going to place the old Astra G dampers again, though I'll stay with the new springs - which are thicker and lower than the e36 ones.

Here's what I did with the dampers - so I could mount them at all

Comment

Working...
                                X