DDM coilovers wont sit level

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nyy42 View Post
    Are your coils AND struts even? I know the DDM adjust from the bottom of the shock as well
    Originally posted by dinanm3atl View Post
    How are you adjusting the ride height?
    Yeah sorry my wording isn't very clear. Yes I am adjusting the ride height, and on the driver's side it's as low as the strut will go, while the passenger side still has plenty of room to go lower.

It's not the springs that are causing the issue (I think).
    -George
    flickr

Comment

How are you adjusting the ride height?
      What ways are there besides just threading the ring down or up?

Comment

Originally posted by B Rod View Post
        What ways are there besides just threading the ring down or up?
        I hear taking the locking rings off lets you get lower, but like I don't see how. Mine are still on and I can't screw the strut down any further.
        -George
        flickr

Comment

I think he means because there are two ways to adjust- from the top and bottom.

Comment

Originally posted by M.Burroughs View Post
            you would be correct sir

Comment

Originally posted by M.Burroughs View Post
              Originally posted by Mscire2 View Post
              you would be correct sir
              Then I guess I need someone to sit me down and tell me everything about these coilovers. The shitty instructions that DDM gives were no help, and I only know of one way to adjust.
              -George
              flickr

Comment

You didn't answer my question. And on these there is no 'ring to thread down' if you are lowering and raising per the intruction manual.

Comment

You didn't answer my question. And on these there is no 'ring to thread down' if you are lowering and raising per the intruction manual.
                  Right, here's what I do:

Spin B up the thread, then with the two top rings locked together I thread A down into the shock.

I bought these used off of a bfc member, and he sent along two pages of installation instructions from DDM, which didn't help me. I, stupidly, haven't looked at them since installing and have gotten information off of other members.
                  -George
                  flickr

Comment

I would have to walk out into my garage to confirm but IIRC that is correct. It says right in the manual how to raise or lower the vehicle.

I would start over and get them all sitting at normal to mild drop ride height and move them all down equal and maybe you can see where the problem is coming in. If just one corner seems to not lower more as you 'lower it' there may be another problem.

Comment

I would have to walk out into my garage to confirm but IIRC that is correct. It says right in the manual how to raise or lower the vehicle.

I would start over and get them all sitting at normal to mild drop ride height and move them all down equal and maybe you can see where the problem is coming in. If just one corner seems to not lower more as you 'lower it' there may be another problem.
                      A very good idea, but I managed to cross-thread one of the wheel bolts after trying to see what's up last week, so I can't exactly get the wheel off haha.

Luckily the wheel is on tight so I can still drive while I come up with the money for a new hub.
                      -George
                      flickr

Comment

Working...
                      X