No announcement yet.

Something different

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mille's are in limbo. Local machine shop had a huge order come in from somewhere and it took priority over my quick job. Should have them early next week they figure

Volo In Timore

Comment

• Everything just gets progressively worse. First the rims are backed up, then my starter went now I took my car in for an alignment, and discovered that my upper strut bearings are toast with maybe 15,000kms on them since install.

A small tidbit of History on this marvelous piece of engineering of Dodge's.
      There is a definite Left Hand upper strut mount, and a definite Right Hand upper strut mount and the only way to get both properly is directly through dodge. And I did just that, jumped through the hoops and paid the premium for brand new parts from a dealership on a now 'obsolete' (in the sense that the 'newest' intrepid rolled off the assembly line 9 years ago) car.

Turns out the technician that did the work decided that both mounts look the same and figured they were the same. Installed the upper mounts on the wrong sides causing the premature bearing failure.

Already told the shop I don't want to have to pay for it. Should be resolved next friday hopefully

Volo In Timore

Comment

• Hmmm. You have to wonder when they fuck up on your car, how often does it happen to others? How are they in business making errors like that?

Hope you get it fixed man
        IG: @kyle_eagleton

Comment

• It gets worse. I work at the dealership that did it. This work was done while I was in car sales, and the tech that did it is a friend of mine outside of work, and since I moved over to parts I have discovered a lot of stuff that he does that is questionable. If he raises a fuss about this I will tell the GM to pay for my new parts and I will handle the install myself.

Volo In Timore

Comment

• Interested to see how this turns out

Sent from my HTC 3D using Tapatalk 2

Comment

• Thanks! Hoping to have the suspension fixed and rims on by Friday night.

Volo In Timore

Comment

• So suspension didn't get fixed this past Friday, waiting on parts to arrive at Dodge, should be Monday hopefully. Oh well, got a better phone call at 2:30pm tho, made my day!

2014-04-14 19.54.54

Still some space to come down a bit more yet, and need to measure for some front and rear spacers, but everyone is saying it completely transformed the look of my car!

Volo In Timore

Comment

• Yay! Finally there on! Lol
                  1999 SL2 Saturn Build rip
                  1998 EK hatch Civic Build

Comment

• Been busy with work, taking care of no starting issues, alignments etc.. Hopefully going to be able to save for a set of custom coil overs over winter and get my car sitting a little bit lower yet. Maybe taking other suspension pieces into my own hands and getting slightly beefier ones custom made

Volo In Timore

Comment

• Link to a small collection of what I have documented on this car, not really in order because the camera changed a few times, and never set dates properly

Volo In Timore

Comment

• Holy fuck, that's a ton of work.
                        Coils will be sick man.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
                        @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

• Started to get my credit in check, should be starting my own automotive brand name this year, use my intrepid as my 'demo' car and if goes well then I really need to make this car really stand out. Thinking of attending H20i not next year but in 2015, unless something crazy happens and I can make it sooner lol

I will keep this spot updated as I go!

Volo In Timore

Comment

• this is awesome so good to see something different!! Can't wait to see this complete.
                            08 Sentra slow build

Comment

• With winter on its way, I have started to get used to parking her in the garage now. During the last week of October I will be pulling the registration on her and start on a few more modifications. Also going back to djing and I am hoping to be putting the money I earn from that into a set of custom coilovers to bring her down some more and tighten up the ride.

Still in debate on a wire tuck, may wait till I am replacing the engine again, do it while the engine is out and I can rip apart my dash to pull the last few pieces of my A/C system out and swap to an Auto climate control / display versus my factory piece.

I do plan on getting my autostick to work over this winter, really wish these cars had come from factory with a manual but no such luck, but the transmission shares many similarities with a porsche's design.

New windshield, tint and speakers inside are definite plans this coming winter as well!

Will try and keep everyone posted!!

Volo In Timore

Comment

• So I am looking for suggestions on rims. I want to move up to 19 x10.5 and its doable if I have an offset of +15 or lower. Was thinking of Volk TE37 TTA's but $4000 for rims is a bit steep and I have no problem leaving race car rims to race cars.

I do want rims that will be affordable, look decent enough and are going to be durable. I have looked at 5 spokes, mesh style, multi piece and mono piece. Was looking on axis, but their lack of information has turned me away. (Offset's of rims not posted, have to guess and play on rimsntires.com and figure it out by trying to match up their listed lip size) and anywhere I look when I put in for an intrepid it gives me ugly 20's in like diamonds and chrome. and I know there are many cars out there with a 5x114.3 bolt pattern.

I don't like the look of most 20's and I find the 18's just don't look big on my car. I feel a set of 19's with a decent squared set up and a nice lip will really set off the car. And I want to find rims first because I know I will require body work to run something that wide, so I would rather not pay for a paint booth twice.

Any insight would be awesome! Open to any idea's!

Volo In Timore

Comment

Working...
                                X