No announcement yet.

Something different

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh man, that turned out great! This is a beautiful color good work! Can't wait to see it assembled and driving
    "You could roll an E30 in a BMW showroom today and people would think:
    Well, they finally got the 1 series right!"

3.0 L e30 ground up build

Comment

• So stoked to see your progress. Really nice color choice.

Comment

• Thanks. By this weekend it should be cured enough for me to go in and start the reassembly part of the car, get it ready to bring home to continue working on it

Volo In Timore

Comment

• Well shit. Kudos to all the work.

Comment

• Since I had a lot of time on my hands waiting for paint to get sprayed, I did this...

And I did do another thing as well. I bought another car. It was a car I knew of locally, and I knew the guy had done a ton of work to it, and every time I saw the guy I would bug him and ask 'Where is that fancy car of yours?'

So the story is he had done a bunch of work on this car, spent good money on parts, and used it to tow behind his motorhome until his wife got a crossover that was easier for them to get in and out of and then the car sat, outside, unloved, for 3 years, until last Christmas when him and I were able to strike a deal on it.

A bit rough around the edges, but so very worth it...

1994 BMW 325is In Maderiaschwartz with (according to the VIN) Mtech suspension package.

It was, rough in places. Gorilla tape holding up the broken side skirt, gorilla tape holding the side mouldings in place, complete 90's knock off M3 body kit (which I am fixing the side skirts to put back on yet) and it came with a set of like new winter tires on the original 15's and a set of 17" MOMO Arrows that need new better sized tires.

Fitment is good (aside from wheel gap, but that's going to get sorted) because these wheels have apparently lived with the car since new as far as we can determine, previous owner got them when he bought the car and he purchased the car from the second owner who also got them when HE bought the car.

Now, given how rough the exterior was, and the very aged interior leather, why would anyone want this car?

Well, sometimes it's what inside that counts...

GM Performance crate 350 small block (rated 350hp/380lb-ft)
            MSD Atomic EFI
            Edlebrock intake

Starts, runs, drives like OEM for the most part. Needs some exhaust work, and a few more enhancements to the rest of the car to make it a lot more fun, but the plan was to just enjoy it and drive it and have something to drive that kept me sane while I worked on getting the intrepid back on the road.

But there is always a but...

Wildlife suck. Thankfully, I only tagged a yearling on my way to work one morning. He was full stride when he came up out of the ditch so he missed the bumper but he caught the headlights.

Dragged it home and started pulling parts off it,

And thanks to luck and some good friends I was able to source some used parts locally and from Pelican, eBay...

And she was back into mostly one piece.

Still working out the kinks and making revisions to a few things that were done questionably during the swap,then I can go back to making improvements to the car overall

Also, for used parts I picked up these

So I will be throwing these into the car closer to spring, and she told me she wasn't able to get her coilovers as low as these springs had her coupe, so I am looking forward to *finally* having a low car as a daily.

But I will continue to update this space with Intrepid content as I get stuff uploaded to Flickr!

Thanks for stopping by!

Volo In Timore

Comment

• Man that is an awkward swap for an e36 LOL

FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

Comment

• hueheuehueh

Comment

Working...
                X