Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something different

Well, where to start...

She is a work in progress, and most definitely not something there is a lot of on here, if any at all.

May be some background on me.

My name is Tim, and I work in car sales for KIA in Yorkton Saskatchewan Canada. I have owned this car for 4 years now, and in that time I have had to do a fair amount of work to it. Including engine replacement twice.

It is my daily summer driver (winter is a truck, rural area, lots of farming, lots of snow) and as such isn't in the best shape. I would say she has a lot of character.

The car in question is a 1999 Chrysler / Dodge Intrepid Base.

Plans are to drop her in the future, BUT coil overs do not exist for these cars, but I do have a few plans for this car yet!

On to a few pics!!

To start, here is a picture of my current rim and tire beside my future rims.

And my future rims!

And for posterity sake, an almost factory shot:

And how she looked while awaiting her newest engine swap, test fitting the rims of course

And a quick shot of my car and truck together

Thanks for looking!! And feel free to let me know what you think, and there will be more pics / video to come!!

Volo In Timore

Hope it works, but here it is shortly after receiving the 3.5HO engine

Volo In Timore

Comment

Oh god I **** these cars BUT....... looks to be off to a good start and hope you can change my mind lol

what spec are the wheels? what size you going to run?

Da Hood
      Instagram : TRASHEDTEG

Comment

Originally posted by Rob_Da_Hood View Post
        Oh god I **** these cars BUT....... looks to be off to a good start and hope you can change my mind lol

what spec are the wheels? what size you going to run?

Da Hood
        The wheels are 18x8 Mille Miglia F20's I know the bolt pattern is 5x114.3, not sure of the offset or how to check ( bought them used, previous owner couldn't even tell me what size rubber he was using before so I stopped asking questions)

So far for the lows Eibachs kit for these carts has been disco'd same as intrax. My only hope is to try and find some one who can get me in the H&R springs I found, or considering I have 3 parts cars, maybe cut a set of springs and see how she rides, my struts are shot anyways.

Volo In Timore

Comment

This thing on air with some wide ass Rotiform Nue's, a nice white paint job, shaved door handles, 20% window tint, debadged, and some different (non chrome head lights).

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
          @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

Im leaning towards a bright red or Black

Volo In Timore

Comment

I would do black. This isn't exactly a sports car, and I think it would look tacky in bright red.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
              @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

True. Tho this latest engine certainly makes it move a lot nicer.

Thinking of a set of these for housings. Just going to swap / snag the HIDs from my truck

Volo In Timore

Comment

Wow, those look really classy!

Yeah, ive seen a bright red one, it looked tacky(and the driver was an asshole)

Im glad its not going to have altezza style tail lights, a dangling canister exhaust, and giant chrome rims. Ive seen too many like that

How many ponies does this new engine put out?

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
                  @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

Old 2.7 was rated at 200hp and 190ft-lbs. New 3.5HO puts me at 253hp and 255ft-lbs. Already had existing custom exhaust, as well as I went for the A/C delete (damn cold in Canada anyways) so that gave me some power.

Not sure how to post videos yet but I do have it running thru a canister exhaust (borla spitfire, about 3 years old now tho) and it at least doesn't sound tin like and I have plans for a new exhaust set up later

Volo In Timore

Comment

I have to admit I did get a little rice when I first got the car. But now I am wanting to make something unique and different and I thought about bags, but I wanna run static

Volo In Timore

Comment

Good luck. I wouldn't touch an Intrepid with someone else's wallet, but if you can make it work, then godspeed.

Comment

Originally posted by yurotrash View Post
                          Good luck. I wouldn't touch an Intrepid with someone else's wallet, but if you can make it work, then godspeed.
                          Well.... if I were to total the money I have into the car (long LONG story to why i do, short version 22yrs old, no credit) I can easily guesstimate at being around the $20k mark. for a car with 269,000kms on it and is worth $1500 max.

I am okay with continuing putting more money into it.

Current mods installed include:
                          300M Special front and rear sway-bars and upgraded end-links
                          3.5HO engine from Chrysler 300M
                          Custom Exhaust
                          No A/C
                          ES front bumper(with factory fog lights)
                          Chrome window switches and door locks
                          300M gauge cluster

Still have a whole bunch of stuff planned for it yet too

Volo In Timore

Comment

On an 18x8 what tire width would be a tad bit of stretch? Factory for a 300M special is 245/45 so would 235/45 be about right?

Volo In Timore

Comment

225/45 would be nice, but maybe a 40 if you plan to be really low.

225/40's on an 18x8

Not too much stretch.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
                              @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

Working...
                              X