Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

for all you guys that are slammed on coils..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wooden planks seem to be the general consensus here.

Driving up onto the hammer i have in the toolbox has saved the day more than once.

-asher

Comment

Wood and a really low pro jack.
      07' Two.Five Wagon (Winter mode)

Comment

i used to use a thick piece of wood to pry up in my rocker till i could push a low profile jack under it.

Comment

i use s 2x4, drive up on it
          then a oem honda jack

Comment

I will get one of these but then again I am doing air so it would be too low to even drive on blocks if something fails.

Comment

Holy shit, that's awesome!

Comment

alot of the 4x4 crew use the air inflate jacks. Excellent bit of gear.

Comment

e36s dont have a problem.

Originally posted by Kielan
                  I've had a lot more fun in my Dad's Prius than I care to admit.

BMW e23 build Thread

Comment

The miata has a tow hook on the rear that a low profile jack can get too. But driving up on some old brake rotors does the trick for me, and/or the pieces of wood.

flickr Click for my Photostream!

Comment

i have to take my front bumper off so i can drive onto wood at the front. but for the back i cut my backbox off so i can jack the whole rear up off the subframe.

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeCamber View Post

Been meaning to buy one of those for ages now; I **** having to drive up on planks of wood ... it's fine if it's just once but like when I was putting the car back in summer mode and you're trying to adjust the coilovers just right, driving up and down off planks 10 times gets old real quick.

btw, does anyone know if the factory e36 jack can lift the car without planks? i gotta try that because if it doesnt i need to throw some 2x4s in the trunk in case of an emergency

Comment

yea but if you have aftermarket sideskirts on a e36 its a bitch...i jack mine up with my wifes factory passat jack then put my low jack under it

Comment

Originally posted by kanovic View Post
                            yea but if you have aftermarket sideskirts on a e36 its a bitch...i jack mine up with my wifes factory passat jack then put my low jack under it
                            i know what you mean. i had reiger sideskirts on my m3. using the side lift with the current 3 series i have, i cant believe how much of a pain in the ass it was before.
                            Originally posted by Kielan
                            I've had a lot more fun in my Dad's Prius than I care to admit.

BMW e23 build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeCamber View Post

What? where and how much

AmberLamps..... Get rid of them!

Comment

Originally posted by slocar View Post
                                Been meaning to buy one of those for ages now; I **** having to drive up on planks of wood ... it's fine if it's just once but like when I was putting the car back in summer mode and you're trying to adjust the coilovers just right, driving up and down off planks 10 times gets old real quick.

btw, does anyone know if the factory e36 jack can lift the car without planks? i gotta try that because if it doesnt i need to throw some 2x4s in the trunk in case of an emergency
                                Yes e36 jack can raise car even when the hubs are sittin on the ground, ask me how I know

AmberLamps..... Get rid of them!

Comment

Working...
                                X