Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats so bad about racelands after all...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats so bad about racelands after all...

I've been lurking on sw for a while now and every time someone mentions race land coil overs they get flamed and sh*t like that. i just read a whole bunch of reviews on other forums and what not and they all said that for 300 dollars they are WELL worth it and not as bad of ride as people think. i recently purchased my first car and am on a low budget, so I've been thinking about purchasing a set of race land coil overs. opinions?

If you want to get low for cheap, racelands do the trick, but don't expect the ride quality to be great. I had them on my e36 and the previous owner has been rocking them too. probably around 2-3 years now.

Comment

because itīs cheap quality! the springs will break soon and the shock absorbers will leak, the thread is not good and the nut will jamme.

the price in europe is 200$ (depends on the car!)...the price for a good coil over like kw, h&r or bilstein for the same car is 1000-1500$.

buy cheap, buy twice!

my pictures on FLICKR

Comment

Originally posted by odie View Post
        the springs will break

WAT

(Racelands are fine, I've had them on two mk4s and both cars drove thousands of miles on them, roadtrips, city, whatever. They are currently on my wife's car and have been for the past two years. The threads have never seized on me, and the struts have never blown. Obviously 1000+ coilovers do ride better, but if you don't have the money for that, Racelands are not horrible coilovers that break apart)

Comment

Originally posted by willis View Post
          WAT

(Racelands are fine, I've had them on two mk4s and both cars drove thousands of miles on them, roadtrips, city, whatever. They are currently on my wife's car and have been for the past two years. The threads have never seized on me, and the struts have never blown. Obviously 1000+ coilovers do ride better, but if you don't have the money for that, Racelands are not horrible coilovers that break apart)
          yeah so basically for a high school student on a low budget that can barely afford the car, insurance, gas, mods and won't be driving too much.... race lands are the way to go. correct me if I'm wrong

Comment

Originally posted by odie View Post
            ..the springs will break soon
            They really wont.

The lower you go, the harder and bouncier the ride is going to be. If you want to lower your car and get by for a year or two until you can afford better coilovers then go for it.
            -SW|UK-
            Education - Knowledge - Power
            insta: @stinkinrich

Comment

My Buddy has racelands on his tC. Ride really really nice. Fit perfect. Go Low. 0 problems so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Tylerhasaphone. View Post
                My Buddy has racelands on his tC. Ride really really nice. Fit perfect. Go Low. 0 problems so far.
                Lol, ride nice compared to what?

Most people that talk about how awesome racelands are have zero experience with a quality set of coils.

Comment

I had racelands in my E36 they went pretty low but they started leaking after 1000km (500ish miles) and then the base of the coilover sheared and left the stub axle was pretty messy :banghead:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

I have Racelands on my Mk2 Jetta, my friend had H&R's on his Mk2 Golf. The H&R's were better obviously, but not crazy outta this world better. If you only cruise around and aren't a motorsports nut, Racelands will most likely do the job for you.

But its funny though. People who mention Raceland get flamed by the people who cut springs...
                    Mint green Mk2 build
                    Daily 190E build

Comment

the spring breaks! itīs only a matter of time! raceland had the worst quality i ever had seen. if somebody is interestes in going deep -> cut the springs. cheaper an better. if somebody is interested in a good supsesion kit -> donīt buy this pice of scrap.

raceland coilover, 5000km, it was done!

€dit
                      if you want to go very deep: check the "lowtec" coilover. is that available in the states? -> http://www.ebay.de/sch/i.html?_trksi...rwerk&_sacat=0 complete different coilover with good quality!
                      Last edited by odie; 09-18-2012, 09:36 AM.

my pictures on FLICKR

Comment

I got the Raceland Ultimos on my MKV now . I got them cause I planned to go air this winter and couldn't see the sense in buying expensive coils when I plan on going air. the ride on the Ultimos is firm and there is some spring noise but for a 300 coilover what do u expect? I am happy with them and I think I am getting my moneys worth out of them . None of them leak and the rings spin freely

Comment

from my experience i find my racelands a poor ride quality.
                          i previously had Fk highsports on a car, and have had 4 cars with racelands on. the ride quality is definatly a lot worse on the cheaper one. and Fk's were only Ģ600.
                          at the moment on my e36 im running the fronts with no helpers, and replaced the rears with spax dampening adjustable shocks and 4inch 500lb linear springs.
                          Float like a Cadillac, Sting like a Beemer!
                          http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24326

Comment

if i was in your situation id do it

Comment

Your springs will break they said! Buahahahahahahahah
                              CUSCO USA // BRIDE JAPAN

Comment

Working...
                              X