Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2o6 Photography | My (attempted) photography dump.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I may offer some critique here; will never improve a bad photo and will never enhance a decent photo. It is kind of tacky so I'd recommend steering clear of it.

If you are you going to blur your backgrounds then please make sure that your masking is tight to the car, a few of your images have like a "halo" around them where the background is still sharp.

Other than that I would say you are improving and it nice to see you are enjoying it
    sigpic

Comment

Cheers you two!

Yeah I actually stay clear of the added on blur now, I purchased a 50mm so I get the authentic blur instead.

And as for the selective colour; I completely agree that it definitely is looking a bit tacky at this point. It was just the 'go-to' thing for me when I first got Lightroom and had no clue what was going on

instagram: @elliotjlong

Comment

Here's two from this evening, I agree that less is more with editing. Thank you all so much for the feedback, it's leading me in the direction I want to be going in with my shots.

Comment

One of my car sitting stock. Should have some ST's on it in a month!

Comment

Just picked up a new 50mm lens, now I don't have to manual focus anymore and everything seems so much easier and more relaxed.

Sat in on a modeling shoot today, mainly just helped and took notes but this is one of my favourite shots I managed to snag up in my free time.

Comment

Comment

Here's a few newer ones! I hopefully should be upgrading to a full-frame camera soon too

Feedback is always more then welcome!
                Hopefully we'll have a clear evening here in Seattle so I can try my hand at light-painting shots.
                Last edited by Daffy; 11-18-2012, 07:38 PM.

Comment

I like your pictures, they're clean and easy on the eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by NickBroderick View Post
                    I like your pictures, they're clean and easy on the eyes.
                    Cheers mate! Means a lot coming from you

Also just finished retouching this shot from today, tried my hand at adding text to it as well

Comment

No clue why, but I love the simplicity of this shot.

Comment

I've been shooting a lot more lately and really enjoying it a lot still. Here are some of my favourites from the past few months. The first one is Photoshop lowered and done really quickly, so don't worry too much about that.

Over the past few months I've had multiple shots featured and big Facebook pages, even one on StanceNation. So I guess I'm finally getting somewhere. But anyways; enjoy.

Comment

I would say that just watch the grain that is in the photos. The one of the gtr (?) front end and the thunderbird one is a little grainy.

Other than that keep up the good shots.

Comment

Originally posted by Switch3d' View Post
                            I would say that just watch the grain that is in the photos. The one of the gtr (?) front end and the thunderbird one is a little grainy.

Other than that keep up the good shots.
                            Thanks man!

Hopefully I will be upgrading bodies soon to something that can handle the higher ISO a little better. My D3100 is a great body, but on the higher ISO's it does get rather grainy. But hey, excusesexcusesexcuses

Comment

Good god that Kouki is beautiful..nice work

Comment

Nice shot of the girl with the 50mm
                                http://www.facebook.com/johnycookphotography

Comment

Working...
                                X