Couple Questions (E46 AirRide)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple Questions (E46 AirRide)

Hey what's up guys, well I'm planning on going the bagged route sometime this year and Im not really educated on them very much.
    To my understanding all you need is the bag's, a management kit (in my case manual management), struts, tanks, compressors and all the air lines and fittings.
    So far I'm thinking of the bagriders e46 manual management kit and everything seems to be bolt on? Ive seen people that have to weld things and cut things up and that's the worrying part to me but the bagriders kit seems to be bolt on?

Here's the link to the kit : http://bagriders.com/modlab/products...ANAGEMENT.html

So can anyone tell me if this is all I need or if there is something else I am missing?
    All the schooling on bags is welcome! thanks!
    EURO.TECHNIKS | BAGGED E46

Instagram: @_victorg

For e46's (and newer cars) it's bolt on, but for older cars there is no bolt on kits so you buy universal kits and cut/weld to make your own bags/struts.
    I dislike Byron.

Comment

Originally posted by got splits? View Post
      For e46's (and newer cars) it's bolt on, but for older cars there is no bolt on kits so you buy universal kits and cut/weld to make your own bags/struts.
      thanks man thats what i was assuming from the kit but i wasn't quite sure!

Comment

• bags or air struts
        • tank/s
        • compressor/s
        • air management (manifold valve or single valves, analog or digital gauges, switch box) *
        • fittings/air lines

*cheapest route wold be paddle valves. Most popular option right now though is e-level with VU4 valve and Autopilot V2.
        Last edited by rgarjr; 08-26-2012, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by got splits? View Post
          Actually, for an E46 the only bolt up kid is BagYard, and that's a fucking joke. So...

OP talk to Rali at Bag Riders, he and I spec'd out a system for my E46 when I was thinking about doing air on my car. We decided that it would be universal Air Lift struts up front, and the rears would be UA5s, and modified D cups to fit the bags properly. Not too involved but you'll need someone who knows how to weld some very basic things like brake brackets and the modified D cups.
          - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Originally posted by Kielan View Post
            Actually, for an E46 the only bolt up kid is BagYard, and that's a fucking joke. So...

OP talk to Rali at Bag Riders, he and I spec'd out a system for my E46 when I was thinking about doing air on my car. We decided that it would be universal Air Lift struts up front, and the rears would be UA5s, and modified D cups to fit the bags properly. Not too involved but you'll need someone who knows how to weld some very basic things like brake brackets and the modified D cups.
            Is it actually that bad?
            I was considering it just because the bolt on factor but now im not sure
            i'll have to send him a pm thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by e46cruiser View Post
              Is it actually that bad?
              I was considering it just because the bolt on factor but now im not sure
              i'll have to send him a pm thanks!
              It's not bad at all, it sounds worse than it really is.
              - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Originally posted by Kielan View Post
                It's not bad at all, it sounds worse than it really is.
                Haha yeah well im just considering it because the bolt on factor,
                I really don't want to have to fab up the brackets and what not

Comment

Yeah like Kielan said, you're probably better off going with a universal setup using the Air Lift front struts and universal rear bags. Although BagYard seems like a nice quick bolt on application, they make pretty much everything to order so there's a chance you could be waiting 6+ months for them to show up depending on how busy they are.

- www.bagriders.com - Email us at: sales@bagriders.com -

- Did you find a lower price? We Price Match! -

Comment

Originally posted by Rali@BagRiders View Post
                    Yeah like Kielan said, you're probably better off going with a universal setup using the Air Lift front struts and universal rear bags. Although BagYard seems like a nice quick bolt on application, they make pretty much everything to order so there's a chance you could be waiting 6+ months for them to show up depending on how busy they are.
                    So if I go universal what exactly would I need?
                    I know all the management stuff but for the actual bags?
                    I would need to make brackets and weld the bracket onto the strut correct?
                    And the rear would just be making brackets and running a line to the bag

Comment

So if I go universal what exactly would I need?
                      I know all the management stuff but for the actual bags?
                      I would need to make brackets and weld the bracket onto the strut correct?
                      And the rear would just be making brackets and running a line to the bag
                      Ah! I just remembered you can use the Air Lift Mk4 R32 rear bags on the E46. They pretty much pop right in but running the air line is a little annoying since it will have to go up through your upper spring perch. I believe you will have to trim about 15mm off of the perch just like you would with the R32's (maybe not?) but you will still be able to revert back to stock if you wanted to. This method will be easier to install than running a complete universal setup in the rear but that is still an option as well.

For the fronts you will need the Air Lift universal front struts (with double bellow bags). You will have to weld the bottom brackets to the struts and the top hats will be made out of parts supplied in the universal kit.

Then to make it a full kit, you will need to add a management pack as well as a power supply kit (unless you go with the V2 and a single compressor).

Comment

Originally posted by Rali@BagRiders View Post
                        Ah! I just remembered you can use the Air Lift Mk4 R32 rear bags on the E46. They pretty much pop right in but running the air line is a little annoying since it will have to go up through your upper spring perch. I believe you will have to trim about 15mm off of the perch just like you would with the R32's (maybe not?) but you will still be able to revert back to stock if you wanted to. This method will be easier to install than running a complete universal setup in the rear but that is still an option as well.

For the fronts you will need the Air Lift universal front struts (with double bellow bags). You will have to weld the bottom brackets to the struts and the top hats will be made out of parts supplied in the universal kit.

Then to make it a full kit, you will need to add a management pack as well as a power supply kit (unless you go with the V2 and a single compressor).
                        Thanks alot man! This really helped me out ill keep in touch for when I decide to buy!

Comment

Thanks alot man! This really helped me out ill keep in touch for when I decide to buy!
                          Sure thing! Feel free to shoot me an email if you have any other questions later on!

Comment

I'm running Airrex bags with V2 management on my E46 M3, no cutting/welding shit together required and the ride is great.
                            King

Comment

Originally posted by Live Fast View Post
                              I'm running Airrex bags with V2 management on my E46 M3, no cutting/welding shit together required and the ride is great.
                              thanks for the post man that might be a good choice for me as i dont know any decent fabricators in my area !

Comment

Working...
                              X