Couple Questions (E46 AirRide)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Live Fast View Post
    I'm running Airrex bags with V2 management on my E46 M3, no cutting/welding shit together required and the ride is great.
    thats what I was going to say the air rex kit is money similar to the price you would pay for the bagyards but the shock bodies are threaded so you can adjust the position of the bag. You will have similar wait times on the airrex kits they are also made to order so the standard delivery time on those is about 30 days but they are a direct bolt in so install is very easy.
    http://www.facebook.com/parkhard

www.hardparkergarage.com

Comment

Originally posted by matt@hardparkergarage.com View Post
      thats what I was going to say the air rex kit is money similar to the price you would pay for the bagyards but the shock bodies are threaded so you can adjust the position of the bag. You will have similar wait times on the airrex kits they are also made to order so the standard delivery time on those is about 30 days but they are a direct bolt in so install is very easy.
      yeah 30 days is not that bad but for the bagyards if i remember correct someone said around 3 months for a kit? So the air rex kit would give me the front and rear set up, i would have to buy a management kit so I could get the bagriders manual management.
      EURO.TECHNIKS | BAGGED E46

Instagram: @_victorg

Comment

Originally posted by e46cruiser View Post
        yeah 30 days is not that bad but for the bagyards if i remember correct someone said around 3 months for a kit? So the air rex kit would give me the front and rear set up, i would have to buy a management kit so I could get the bagriders manual management.
        yes air rex is front and rear kit and as far as management goes there are plenty of options out there
        http://www.facebook.com/parkhard

www.hardparkergarage.com

Comment

Not sure if this will be any help to the OP as im from the UK but i had a my e46 bagged back in December 2010 by a UK company called Havair. They use custom front Gaz struts with firestone bags made specifically for each individual car based on your wheel size etc.
          Since they did mine theyve done another e46 over here the uk using the same measurements. So it might be worth contacting them and seeing if they would get you the struts made up and sent over?
          It would have to include their own top mounts as without them they did not go low!
          This is my old car from last year so you get an idea

It layed frame easily, front to back with no issues

Heres the site for Havair, hopefully they can help you out man

L I K E H E L L D E S I G N

Comment

Originally posted by SceneBM View Post
            Not sure if this will be any help to the OP as im from the UK but i had a my e46 bagged back in December 2010 by a UK company called Havair. They use custom front Gaz struts with firestone bags made specifically for each individual car based on your wheel size etc.
            Since they did mine theyve done another e46 over here the uk using the same measurements. So it might be worth contacting them and seeing if they would get you the struts made up and sent over?
            It would have to include their own top mounts as without them they did not go low!
            This is my old car from last year so you get an idea

It layed frame easily, front to back with no issues

Heres the site for Havair, hopefully they can help you out man

http://www.havair.me.uk
            yeah i was thinking of getting a custom set up but i dont really want to deal with all of the fab work, your car is acually my inspiration for mine! I have a topaz blue sedan as well and i was planning on white gottis but i didnt want to completely copy you lol

Comment

dude there would be nothing custom from yourself, they get them made from Gaz to the measurements they already have from my car.
              You just need to let them know what wheel/tyre combo youre thinking of running.
              For reference i ran 195/40s on a 17x8s up front. They will order the strut body to be longer if youre planning on running larger specs.
              Obviously rears dont matter, infact you would be fine getting the rear set-up from Bagriders as youre from the states, as all it would be is the bags and the holders which need a bit of work to fit. I used my stock rear struts with no issues

Comment

Originally posted by SceneBM View Post
                dude there would be nothing custom from yourself, they get them made from Gaz to the measurements they already have from my car.
                You just need to let them know what wheel/tyre combo youre thinking of running.
                For reference i ran 195/40s on a 17x8s up front. They will order the strut body to be longer if youre planning on running larger specs.
                Obviously rears dont matter, infact you would be fine getting the rear set-up from Bagriders as youre from the states, as all it would be is the bags and the holders which need a bit of work to fit. I used my stock rear struts with no issues

Ah okay I see, so the measurements from your car would be moved over to mine but custom to make sure the wheel doesn't rub correct?
                Right now im on style5's but im planning to get the bags and then move up on wheel size to 18x10 all around so would I give them the measurements for the 18x10 or the style 5s ?

Comment

Originally posted by e46cruiser View Post
                  Ah okay I see, so the measurements from your car would be moved over to mine but custom to make sure the wheel doesn't rub correct?
                  Right now im on style5's but im planning to get the bags and then move up on wheel size to 18x10 all around so would I give them the measurements for the 18x10 or the style 5s ?
                  It would make sense to give them the future specs, you don't want to get bags now, and then find out that they rub when you get new wider wheels...
                  - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Originally posted by Kielan View Post
                    It would make sense to give them the future specs, you don't want to get bags now, and then find out that they rub when you get new wider wheels...
                    Yeah I just wanted to make sure lol

Comment

Yeah thats correct, let them know your tyre sizes too obviously.
                      You can always go smaller in size, but going larger could prove to be an issue.
                      Get them made as short as possible to increase your chances of laying etc. I couldnt tell you whats the longest length you can go before you dont lay frame but i imagine getting them made for 18s with a 205/40 would be real near the limit, on my 17s with 195/40 i only had about 15psi left in the bags when it began to lay out

Comment

okay guys well ive decided its time to go bagged for sure.
                        I was looking around at different kits and im pretty set on the bagyard e46 manual setup with an mk4 r32 rear bag.
                        I was thinking of trying a mk4 r32 full kit with manual management and just fabbing up the struts to fit my car since a friend of mine has recently done it & loves it.
                        The only problem with this is that Im looking to spend as less money as i have too, thats the main reason I'm going manual management but they say manual valves only come in 1/4 lines and i was thinking that would be a little to much of an aggressive drop / raise for me and thats why i was looking into 3/8 lines.
                        Does anyone have any input on what to do?
                        Go with an mk4 r32 set up with manual or the e46 bagyard kit for quite a bit more?
                        Any advice is welcome

Comment

nvm found out they are actually pretty slow!

Comment

Honestly, the BagYard products are a little hard to get at the moment as the company is going through some changes so their production is really backed up. Plus if you're trying to save some cash, the BagYard Supremes are going to be around $1,510 while the Air Lift MK4 R32 front struts are $795. Granted, you will have to do some custom work to the R32 fronts to make them fit but it won't be over $700 in labor as it's a pretty straightforward task.

- www.bagriders.com - Email us at: sales@bagriders.com -

- Did you find a lower price? We Price Match! -

Comment

Yeah I've decided I'm going mk4 r32 front slam series struts and rear r32 bags with manual management

Comment

Working...
                              X