Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For the Children: Ol Dirty Bastard gets a build thread (e24 content)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CJ I'm so excited about this.
    Lower your expectations, you'll be much happier.

Oh, and your car too.

Comment

• Originally posted by epearce View Post
      Crazy wheel specs are crazy!
      Haha yeah. ODB and I don't know what normal wheel specs even are anymore.

Originally posted by danielsahhhn View Post

Originally posted by getamongst-it View Post
      CJ I'm so excited about this.
      Thanks man, I'm excited too. Will be even more excited once I'm able to start working and throw some mad money at this thing.

Tires are being delayed because apparently Bank of America thought my account was hacked and deactivated my debit card. New one gets here next week. This also disrupted my Tire Rack order, and they don't take anything but cards.

Dammit.
      Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley
      2016 Ducati Scrambler, 2015 Subaru Impreza

Comment

• loved seeing this down at sowo, please do body-colored bolt-on flares!

Comment

• Just read this entire build, and wow, I'm amazed. ODB is amazing and a great inspiration for me e23 build. Subscribed!
          1993 BMW 325i
          2001 BMW 330ci vert
          2010 Chevy Silverado 2500HD

Comment

• Just read through everything. Awesome awesome build. I missed seeing the car up close at sowo but saw you pulling down a gravel road when some buddies and I were getting dinner, while I only got a glimpse of the car I'm glad I atleast got that before you relocated. I'm intrigued by these new wheels and can't wait to see where it goes.
            Follow me on instagram: @watsupitsdenny
            check out my bagged GTO build

Comment

• CJ n ODB are stepping it up

Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

• Originally posted by fivefourzero View Post
                loved seeing this down at sowo, please do body-colored bolt-on flares!
                Haha thanks man! Good meeting you there! As far as flares go, we'll see. Right now I'm having a hard time finding ABS/urethane flares. Everyone's doing FRP/fiberglass/carbon fiber, apparently.

Originally posted by SHOoff11 View Post
                Just read this entire build, and wow, I'm amazed. ODB is amazing and a great inspiration for me e23 build. Subscribed!
                Thanks man, glad I could inspire your build. E23s are awesome.

Originally posted by GTOguy View Post
                Just read through everything. Awesome awesome build. I missed seeing the car up close at sowo but saw you pulling down a gravel road when some buddies and I were getting dinner, while I only got a glimpse of the car I'm glad I atleast got that before you relocated. I'm intrigued by these new wheels and can't wait to see where it goes.
                Dammit, wish I'd seen your GTO there. There's never enough time at SoWo. I'll be there next year. Not sure if ODB will be or not. We'll see.

Originally posted by P78 View Post
                CJ n ODB are stepping it up

Haha, thanks man! Things will hopefully get really crazy once I'm employed.
                Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley

Comment

• Originally posted by theseeker411 View Post
                  Dammit, wish I'd seen your GTO there. There's never enough time at SoWo. I'll be there next year. Not sure if ODB will be or not. We'll see..
                  Haha no worries. it was and still is looking pretty haggard, luckily it is going into paint while I'm out of town, in a couple weeks. I will be back next year for sure, it was my first time going and I will for sure return every year from here on.

It'd be a crazy cross country adventure to return for a show but it sure would be awesome!
                  Follow me on instagram: @watsupitsdenny
                  check out my bagged GTO build

Comment

Oh and to the dude that asked, the new wheels are currently 16x12 and 16x14. For the sake of better tire options I'll be narrowing them down to 10.5s and 13s.

The 5" front and 6" rear lips are staying.
                    Holy shit 12s and 14s damn monsterous. aside from needing flares they look like they fit (on the inside I mean). Finding street tires in 16 with that width will definitely be a bitch and expensive if you did.

So you going to try the 245/45 on the 12s? I'm running 245/50 on 8s and yes they are meaty but I cant imagine them fitting on a 12 much less 14. Crazy, I want to see it.

For Sale - e24 Build thread

Add me on Facebook
                    Instagram @Dared_Turtle

Comment

• CRAZY fitment!
                      See you at the temecula meet tonight.

Will ODB be ready for the next temecula meet?
                      Cut it up Fresssshhhh!!!!!

W204 c350
                      Riverside Altstadt 1 Wheels
                      Simply Static

Comment

• Originally posted by GTOguy View Post
                        Haha no worries. it was and still is looking pretty haggard, luckily it is going into paint while I'm out of town, in a couple weeks. I will be back next year for sure, it was my first time going and I will for sure return every year from here on.

It'd be a crazy cross country adventure to return for a show but it sure would be awesome!
                        Haha, well I've definitely done some crazy trips, so who knows.

Originally posted by evilstar View Post
                        Holy shit 12s and 14s damn monsterous. aside from needing flares they look like they fit (on the inside I mean). Finding street tires in 16 with that width will definitely be a bitch and expensive if you did.

So you going to try the 245/45 on the 12s? I'm running 245/50 on 8s and yes they are meaty but I cant imagine them fitting on a 12 much less 14. Crazy, I want to see it.
                        I'm actually going to make the wheels a little smaller. Put the front barrel on the rear to make a 13, and order new barrels for the fronts to make them 10.5s. And yeah I'll be fitting a 245/45 on the 13s. Should be fine.

Originally posted by FAneek View Post
                        CRAZY fitment!
                        See you at the temecula meet tonight.

Will ODB be ready for the next temecula meet?
                        Unfortunately I don't know when ODB will be ready. I'm waiting on the state board to tell me if I passed the rules and regulations exam for my physical therapist assistant license so I can start working. All they're telling me is that it'll take "several weeks"
                        Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley

Comment

• Originally posted by danielsahhhn View Post
                          wow!!!!!!!!
                          insanity......i love it

Comment

Haha, well I've definitely done some crazy trips, so who knows.

I'm actually going to make the wheels a little smaller. Put the front barrel on the rear to make a 13, and order new barrels for the fronts to make them 10.5s. And yeah I'll be fitting a 245/45 on the 13s. Should be fine.

Unfortunately I don't know when ODB will be ready. I'm waiting on the state board to tell me if I passed the rules and regulations exam for my physical therapist assistant license so I can start working. All they're telling me is that it'll take "several weeks"
                            Ok I saw you mention making them smaller, I misunderstood and thought you would fit the 245 on now before the conversion. Dang I didn't know they could stretch so much. I need to up my tire knowledge game.

Yeah anything that involves the state of CA will take several weeks. I find it best to keep calling if you can otherwise they lag even more.

Also did I see mention of an engine swap? If so lets hear some details? Will it be a conversion or just a fresh m30? If you plan on anything trick figure out the DMV rules for out of state cars don't want to set yourself up for a headache later.

For Sale - e24 Build thread

Add me on Facebook
                            Instagram @Dared_Turtle

Comment

• Nah, just a straight swap to a healthier M30. And 245/45 is the widest low profile 16 I could find, so it'll have to work, lol.

And they specifically said to not call about the exam, won't do any good.
                              Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley

Comment

• Sub'd! Can't wait to see how this next progression goes, props to you for the build so far man!
                                Instagram: @KingCavey

Comment

Working...
                                X