Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like that a lot. Hard top makes it look so much better IMO

Comment

Again, i havent updated in ages, but as there are a few changes going on, i thought why not!!

(copied from another forum)

22/04
      so it starts at the beginning of this month, where i THINK iv almost nailed the stance, and Jas managed to capture this BEAUTY of a shot at the Ace cafe German meet

i also upgraded my front brakes to Black Diamond 12 grooved discs, and yellowstuff pads, and put a lick of paint on the calipers

and the day after this....the wheels were off. They are currently with Grandmaster Dips for something new this year!
      so im currently on my 16" sport wheels, looks like shite, but the care rides sooooo well! :smt007

(cant believe how wide the 10s really were!)
      chillin with the homies

then last night i decided to fit my GT splitters which i had lying around

a bit low....

....and their maiden voyage lasted LITERALLY.......30 secs LOL :lol:

and finally today i decided to get started on my winter wheels, il be giving this ago at home
      Keeping with my retro theme, iv got hold of some truly old school MOMO Arrows
      I've got big dish already, so I defo needed some concave!
      they are 17x8.5 et15, so easy to work with. the edges are kerbed to f*** so would need filling etc and will be sprayed up a new colour

so got cracking cleaning them, and Joey popped round and we got fillering!

and held up against the car :smt007 :smt007 :smt007

09/06/13

Firstly, I finished the momos and went with gold for that old school look! not the best but im happy with it as a quick home refurb and they are only winters

after this i realised i loved the gold and techno combo, but the white interior did not work at all! So got word from Neil (m3nut) that there was a tan set on ebay and i knew the tan would work so much better. so i got the interior delivered for a good price i thought, with a black dash! once i recieved it i was expecting it to be beige/tan or hopefully modena! but it turned out to be Saffron 'safrangelb' and i think i was more pleased, i hadnt seen this colour before but i do like it!
      the front seats are non sport but are electric and heated. not extremely desirable but i love the old school look!

now i knew i had to do something about the carpet as the rest of the grey made me sick lol
      so bought some carpet dye and got spraying!

and the end result is something like this

my boot install is now completely hidden, and the whole lot also dyed black

so the interior is finally starting to come together but was missing something iv been after for ages!!
      got myself a brand new, genuine nardi

its a 350mm 'deep corn' perforated leather.

The whole interior is almost complete now! Its the day of homegrown, and players classic is a week away, and i finally go to meet Dips to collect my much anticipated wheels off him. all i could say was WOW

The centres are a brassy gold finish with a mirror polished dish

the funny thing is i decided on the colour long before I even thought about changing interior, and after i got them back and fitted, i was over the moon when they matched so i picked up the wheels, had the tyres fitted, shot off home, fit it all up and headed straight to Mex's to leave for homegrown where he took a lovely little vid on the Borbets debut

so i ordered some dye off John aka 'sleeper' and dyed my glovebox strip to match up with the interior

i also sprayed up a couple bottles in the bay to neaten things up. have left an inspection strip on the back so i can still see the level lol

finally everything was nearly set for players, messed around with the stance a bit, had a LONG detail session including, claying and glazing the paint etc, lots and lots of wax lol
      and heres me with my brothers at Players Classic yesterday

being goons, sippin Courvoisier and smoking some shisha at 8.30am LOL

had an awesome day, had a laugh with my boys, got about 5 shades darker in the sun lol, and plenty of amazing cars to see
      Got a mate who took some good pics yesterday, and those shall be up soon

enjoy
      Ricky
      Last edited by Big Rick; 06-10-2013, 05:32 AM.

Comment

Looked amazing rolling out at Players man.
        -SW|UK-
        Education - Knowledge - Power
        insta: @stinkinrich

Comment

Originally posted by stinkinrich View Post
          Looked amazing rolling out at Players man.
          Cheers Rich, a shame i missed you there!

Comment

yes bro bumped into you n joey at last prept meet threads dope man keep it up!

Comment

Damn, this has improved a lot!

The gold flows well with the techno violet, not sure though if i would have ditched the grey interior.

BTW i bought a techno violet Coupe last friday
              slamburglars.com

Comment

Sweet looks and dips proves his mastery again

Comment

Love your vert man!

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

Dips is a wonderful man.

Those wheels look amazing.

Comment

Looking awesome.. Especially the gold / techno combination..

Comment

Only just discovered this UK section.

This looks great man.

How did you find the after market brakes?

Something I am looking into for my 323i as the standard ones are pretty pooop

Comment

Love this car. I demand updates.
                          slamburglars.com

Comment

Cheers for the love people!
                            the brakes are a huge improvement over standard. and the yellowstuff pads dont dust anywhere near as much as stock!

so been doing some engine upgrades recently and feels like a completely different car to before

have a genuine AC Schnitzer short shift, m20 solid flywheel conversion. and a proper machined BBTB and m50 manifold upgrade. il let the pics do the talking

also managed to get down to Prept vs rollhard at Brands Hatch and had some awesome shots inc this

and one from Players

the car has changed a huge amount in the reasonably short time iv had it
                            and the quick comparison

Soooo nos show season is over the Momos are back on and the Borbets are up for sale so contact me if interested

Also having thoughts of selling the car. if you are genuinely interested shout me. not in a rush to sell but i will swap for

E39 530i or a 530d msport and must be manual
                            possibly a e38 and maybe something a lot older (Merc or BMW).

Comment

massively overdue update

Cant remember when i last updated! So here it goes
                              After the Borbets sold, i knew the next set would have to be split, wide and rare.
                              As much as i love BBS RS and ACS type 1s etc. They werent for me! So after hunting a while and spotting these wheels pop up a few times, i low balled him and he accepted.
                              Wheels in question are Rondell Style 67. 8.5j et13 front and 10j et15 rear. stainless hardware and Radinox dishes all in MINT condition....would be rude to say no!
                              here's a pic of how i got em

i wasn't happy with how they looked factory, so set about swapping the stainless bolts out for shiny gold ones

and a few test shot pics

a bit of girth up front

As you may have noticed a couple other new things. iv added 'US style' side markers. Im fully aware these are not supposed to be on an e36, but i love the way they look! and also the old DTM pipes have gone, and now rocking a fully custom Decat system, with sraight pipes out the backbox

Next in line was the interior, After having the whole range of e36 seats in my car, the basic SE style seats werent cutting it, very uncomfortable and no support whatsoever. The vaders were nice, but i personally found them uncomfortable too. so I had to go back to the sports.
                              However, finding them in Safrangelb (saffron Yellow) was hard as expected. so after having dyed my vaders in the past with good results, i decided to go down that route again.
                              Bekir (elturko) dropped some very clean sports seats down to me, which were also heated (result) and i decided to get cracking
                              before:

So ordered some dye from John at Bespoke Leathering, ad also desided to do the bases and backs, black.
                              cut the nets out as they were super baggy

base coat

getting the finish coats on

and pretty much done

and finally going in

im totally chuffed with how they came out, but now the rest of the interior needs a clean, possibly a little dye lol.

so thats pretty much about it, iv since, lowered the car a bit more :lol: chucked a few spacers in all round, as im a bit of a stancewhore, and now fooling a bunch of people into thinking i drive my car aired out :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:
                              how shes sitting now.
                              cheeky MOT shots

and finally my fav shot

Thank you
                              Ricky

Comment

Hah nice Rondells mate. Saw them on the bay as well. Got the same alloys, but different Js. We should really meet up for a small technoviolet photoshoot. Croydon ain't too far from my place..

btw.. will you be attending the players event next month?
                                Last edited by JustIgnore; 05-29-2014, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X