Clear All

• Recleaned the door one last time

Played with some butyl tape

and voila
    95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Follow me on instagram: earlmeyeriii

Comment

• You sir have too much time on your hands to finish this car to this standard! Good work man.

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

• I removed the clips from my old inner window seal and installed them on the new one as they are NLA

Installed the door card next. Really happy with how it came together. I just need to find my mirror switch and order new mirror covers.

I also got a blower motor cover and removed the insulation. I will be smoothing it out and modifying it a bit as well.

95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Comment

• The attention to detail in this thread is amazing, re-read the entire thread while bored at work today and it is absolutely amazing!
          IG: @sebastienaudeon
          1974 Porsche 911S

Originally posted by TRaNz
          *pats Sebs head*
          there there.
          keep calm, go mash your face on a car window.

Comment

• Finally had my new bumper trim so I threw the it on to get an idea of how the rear will look when "finished"

95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Comment

• Test fit my new carpets. I should be able to start on the false floor frame shortly*

95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Comment

• I've been meaning to update this but photobucket is blocked at work.

I had a blockoff plate cut at work to fill the hole in the trunk from the spare tire (Don't mind the missing nut. The spare mechanism used to have a push pin in that spot. I have since ordered and installed a new nut, as well as siliconed the plate in place.)

I recleaned the floor boards and removed the handbrake. The car lays frame when aired out and the whole system ( besides the handle itself) was missing from the car ever since I bought it. I will make a blockoff plate for the console until I can make a locking hydraulic handbrake that appears original

Next up I ended up deciding what radiator I would run. I opted for the e36 radiator made by CSF. It will require some measuring to see what hoses work and such. The radiator is gorgeous and the quality is amazing.

I picked up some super rad Reboot Engineering radiator stays to rid of the flimsy, tricky, and ugly OE stays.

I also picked up new rubber isolators and 6 cylinder radiator brackets from the dealer.

Today I threw it in the car to mock it up and have it in place to extend the aux fan temp switch wiring perfectly.

I also finally found the part number for the rear splash guard nuts and threw them on temporarily.

The last thing I have been working on is finding horns that sound good and aren't obnoxious. Everyone seems to use Hella Supertones and I just **** the sound of them. I opted for Hella Sharptones. Unfortunately they're ugly as sin when you buy them but I fixed that quickly.

I was told that the hardware is garbage and corrodes quickly so the obvious choice was to replace them with stainless socket head hardware.

That brings us up to speed. I have a package enroute from Germany and some other little things here and there, so updates should be coming more frequently=)
                95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Comment

• And this thread just keeps getting better... I am amazed!

Burner's Bagged Passat

Comment

• Can't wait to see this thing all together.

Have you looked into a lockable hydro much? I have no experience but from what I've read it's basically an oxymoron. What's said to happen is that when you drive the car the brake fluid gets hot, then you stop, lock the hydro and it holds, but when the fluid starts to cool down the pressure will drop and the car rolls away (probably not when laying frame but still).

Comment

• I have heard that but a few friends have had them on street cars with no such issue=) I may even do a wilwood cable operated caliper but I'm not worrying too much about it at the moment
                      95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Comment

• Your attention to detail is insane! Great work man.

Comment

• Just read through the entire thread, I love seeing a Compact get so much love because most people just disregard them as a shitty e36 and just abuse it as a drift beater and ect, this is gonna be THE Compact of Compacts.

Comment

• Thank you very much=) I have a bit of updating to do in this thread as I dont have access to photobucket at work anymore and havent wanted to update from my phone.

I will spoil it though and say I did just pick up another compact for dirt cheap to build as a drift car after I finish this one haha
                            95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Comment

• Everyone just complimented the quality and attention to detail in your build and I'm with them, but I must say your "trunkless" plate cracks me up xD

FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

Comment

• Haha thank you=) I knew I wanted a personal plate for this car and this was one of the first that I thought of and it was pretty fitting
                                95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X