OEM+ E92 335i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OEM+ E92 335i

New pics by the amazing photographer Hannanymous! Page 3.

This is my E92 335i. I feel stupid posting a build thread, I don't do anything nearly as cool as you folks. I just raise it, lower it, and change up the wheels too much haha. I wish I had the skill to do all the awesome custom work you fellas do to your cars.

Got her with 15k miles on the odometer in February of 09'. She's up to 57k now and still running great. Future plans include some big boy wheels that are wide as hell. Thinking 18x10F and 18x12R, maybe CCW Classics or 3 piece Work Meisters. Not sure yet. I may delay that and get a daily driver like a Miata or 240. Something cheap and cheap to fix. Trying to decide whether the big boy wheels or the DD should come first.

Mod list:
    Clear Bra
    Aero Spoiler
    35% Ceramic Formula 1 Tint (Done by Flying Window Tinters, best shop in CFL)
    Rolled Fenders
    Painted Reflectors
    System (2 Alpine Type R 10's and 2 Alpine MRP-M500s)
    Valentine 1 Radar Detector
    ACS Aluminum Pedals and Footrest
    Debadge
    GP Thunder 8500k Angel Eyes
    Traditional E92 Interior Lighting Kit from High Performance Bulbs
    K&N Drop In

Pictures!

When I first got her.

With my old wheels (VMR V710) and my buddies sick Miata! More pics of both here: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=634566

With my SSRs and BC Racing coil overs. The coils didn't go any lower at the time, but BC Racing is awesome and worked with me since I'm local. Now it goes much lower.

New wheels!

Specs are:
    19x10 ET 24 with a 235/35 tire
    19x9 ET 24 with a 215/35 tire

BC Racing had some issues with their non-M E9X platform coilovers not going low enough. As soon as I brought up the issue, they had my car in their shop ASAP to figure out what they could do to fix the issue. Luckily, I live 30 minutes away from their North America headquarters. After trying a few different set ups, they ended up custom ordering me a shorter shock, as well as putting on new springs that were shorter and 1k stiffer. They are seriously one of the best companies I have ever worked with. As soon as I brought my car in to the shop for the first time, they halted all sales of non-M E9X coilovers because they didn't want unhappy customers. The custom ordered shock was produced and shipped all the way from Taiwan, but as soon as it was delivered, they had me in the shop for some test fitting.

This is the final result on max low. 5/8ths of an inch from the rim to the fender. Pardon the dirty wheels.

After I took the max low configuration out for a spin, I decided it would be best to raise it up about a half inch. I daily drive the car, and it won't be cheap if I break something. I'm now on the hunt for some 5mm spacers for the front. I have 15mm spacers waiting for the rear, just need to get the fenders rolled.

Oh yeah, I tried to get an alignment today...

'

Didn't work out so well. After multiple attempts, placing the weights and 2x4s in different positions, I couldn't get up the damn ramp. Tomorrow I'm going to get an alignment at a Mini dealership that has an in-ground alignment rack.

Thanks for reading! I'll keep updating the thread as I mess with the stance more.
    Last edited by EDM92; 04-16-2014, 03:21 PM.
    Montego Blue 2007 E92 335i - ZSP / ZPP / Steptronic / Logic7
    Instagram: bmwforlife

Originally posted by SD202
    70,000 miles and counting. static slammed. From here to vegas to LA and everywhere in between. Shes my daily driver. Because shes my only car. everything that has ever broke has been a result of being slammed.

OEM+ E92 335i

Took the car over to the alignment rack at Mini. It's in ground, so no issues getting on it!

Then I put a 15mm spacer on the front wheel to try it out. Needless to say, it looked great.

However, I could only turn the wheel this much without bending my plastic fenders...So I took them off for the time being.

Then I decided to try putting those 15mm spacers on the rear! So I brought my car to my friend and fellow S|W member Prezzi, and we got to work on the fenders. At least the rear fenders are metal, not plastic...

First, we had to melt the gunk in the fender and scrape it out.

Then we started heating the paint and rolling.

Prezzi hard at work.

Here is Prezzi's B7 S4 Wagon; he officially has the widest wheels ever to be put on an S4, 11.5 in the back, 10.5 in the front. BALLER!

After the fender roll, we test fitted the 15mm spacers on the rear. Needless to say, it looked fantastic, but once again it was too wide. It would have fit okay for the time being, but my rear is quite high as it sits now, so the 15mm would not work at all once I drop the rear a good inch or so. Had to take the 15mm spacer off.

This is how she sits as of now. White E92 is a friend of mine who is also a fan of being low and slow.

Coming up within a day or two, I'll be dropping the rear and realigning it. Also ordered a white S|W windshield banner, pretty excited about that. It shall be my one and only sticker for now.

Afterwords, I'll be figuring out what size spacers I'll be running.

-For the front, the most I have room for is a 5mm without destroying my plastic fenders. Raising the front and adding a wider spacer is an option, but not something I really want to do. I'd rather be low.
    -For the rear, I'm thinking a 5 to 8mm spacer with a large drop should do the trick. And probably a little more camber.
    Last edited by EDM92; 08-26-2012, 06:01 PM.

70,000 miles and counting. static slammed. From here to vegas to LA and everywhere in between. Shes my daily driver. Because shes my only car. everything that has ever broke has been a result of being slammed.

Comment

Car looks super clean! That has to be the nicest alignment rack I have ever seen.
      And im glad BC worked with you. I phoned them about issues with my coilovers not going low, and they never emailed me when they said they would. Then they would even respond to my friends calls.. strange

Comment

i like it a lot! super clean.

Comment

Hm, I was unhappy about the way BC coils came out too....not that low in the front. I knew I wasn't the only one, I believe I was one of the first E9x to ride on BC coils =/ Waited way to long anyways to get the problem resolved, I need to get a new set soon..

Good lookin man!

Comment

Looks dope!

Comment

Originally posted by selah777 View Post
              Car looks super clean! That has to be the nicest alignment rack I have ever seen.
              And im glad BC worked with you. I phoned them about issues with my coilovers not going low, and they never emailed me when they said they would. Then they would even respond to my friends calls.. strange
              Originally posted by Bennee View Post
              Hm, I was unhappy about the way BC coils came out too....not that low in the front. I knew I wasn't the only one, I believe I was one of the first E9x to ride on BC coils =/ Waited way to long anyways to get the problem resolved, I need to get a new set soon..

Good lookin man!
              Thanks for the kind words!

Sucks to hear you guys had issues with them! They aren't great with answering phone calls in general, I do have to admit their over the phone customer service is severely lacking. Fortunately for me, I'm local to their north American headquarters so it's easy to just drive over. They worked with me a lot, especially Pete the owner, who was willing to try anything and everything that came to mind. At one point he was even in my trunk installing dampening adjustment extenders. Had they not worked with me to get my car lower, surely I would feel exactly how you guys do about the company.

Comment

Originally posted by 2low2go View Post
                i like it a lot! super clean.
                Originally posted by jasmit56 View Post
                Looks dope!
                Thanks guys, glad you like it! It's just an OEM plus look for now. Good things will come in due time.

Comment

Very clean ! I love it
                  MKV build thread

Comment

I like everything about these cars except for the bodyline of the sideskirt (not sure if there is a better name) doesn't line up with the door.

looks great

Comment

nice to see a miata on here.
                      you dont see many on S|W.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMiata View Post
                        nice to see a miata on here.
                        you dont see many on S|W.
                        Yeah, I love my buddies Miata. Everyone that sees his car want's to get one.

Comment

Significantly lowered the rear. I realized after lowering it that one side sat 3/8ths of an inch lower than the other, even though there was an equal amount of threads left on the coilovers. Ended up raising one side 6 or 7 threads to match the other. Not sure why they don't sit evenly when the threads are even on both sides.... Anyway, loving my stance so much more now! Here are a few pics of how it currently sits.

Got together with a couple friends for some drinks.

The S2K sits real pretty on those CCW LM20s.

I am still anxiously awaiting my S|W windshield banner. I'm going to give my friend's roof racks a shot to see how it looks on my car. Also, possibly trading exhausts with a buddy of mine, my stock cat back plus cash for his Active Autoworke catback.

Comment

Finally got my S|W windshield vinyl on!

Cracked my phone in the process. Worth it.

A friend of mine and I hosted a huge BMW meet here in Central Florida, at least 30 cars showed up.

Disclaimer: My car was dirty because it was supposed to be washed by that truck behind it. Ended up raining, so the wash never happened.

This car also showed up... I'm very seriously considering picking one up.

Comment

Your 335 is exactly how I'd have mine sitting if I owned one, it's excellent! And those Evos are insane, though I think North America only gets the 295bhp version - in the UK we get the FQ400 with 400bhp!

Comment

Working...
                              X