E28 Lowering Springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E28 Lowering Springs

Recently I bought my first E28 and I definitely want to lower it. But as of now I can only afford lowering springs. So my big question is what are some good options?? I want to go as low as possible but while still keeping comfort and practicality in mind. I don't want to do anything crazy just yet.....

Just cut your springs, most e28s here have or had cut springs.

Comment

How's the ride with cut springs though?

Comment

Anyone?

Comment

Just clip off 3 coils. Decent drop and decent ride
          Instagram: @rileystair

Comment

Cutting springs is such a bad idea. Your spring rate will change, your wheel rate will change, you'll have less stroke on the damper. You'll have a greater chance of bottoming out. This will put all kinds of stresses into your chassis, all of which can be avoided if you let it be.

Do it right the first time, avoid yourself the weekends lost screwing around, and go do something else instead.

Save up, buy the right thing once and enjoy your car the right way. If you don't have money for a legitimate setup, just save up. The dampers in your car are tuned for the OEM springs that your car comes with.

Good luck with it!

Comment

Get some spax springs. Moosehead engineering usually has them in stock...

Comment

not that im kissing ass but SeanDub said cut springs. he knows springs dont beieve me then check out the link in his sig.
                Float like a Cadillac, Sting like a Beemer!
                http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24326

Comment

Since all i see are pics of off the shelf units, I can't really comment on what SeanDub knows, or doesn't know. Not sure if he designs + manufactures or just sells and installs. All I can comment on is based off of some pretty heavy research and what I'd like to think of as a solid understanding of vehicle dynamics.

Its not so simple as cutting OEM springs driving away. Will it work? Sure why not, you probably could weld your dampers so they don't dampen anymore, and your car will drive. But for how long will it drive before it punches a hole through the chassis is the question here. I'm not saying that will happen to you for certain, but on something as old as an e30, why risk fatiguing the steel when it can be avoided by waiting for another three pay cheques to come in?

Not trying to be a shit disturber whatsoever, just putting my point of view out there is all.

Comment

Just take all the springs out. Ride Struts like me.

But really, I cut too much up front and it's pretty much tires for suspesion. In the back I have ebay universal adjustable perches with some sorta blue spring.

Comment

Spaxx makes a decent spring if you don't want ground controls or to cut them.

Comment

Cut... Or buy spax, they are the lowest spring you can get fer an e28. Or cheap coilover sleeves like Mr. Willis. Really there are some options a lot of people think that there aren't for these cars, granted compared to many other cars this is true. Still many ways to get your low man. I'm moderately slammed on cut springs and i couldn't be too much happier.

insta:yungwymo

Comment

I Believe that the kaw will get you lower.
                          -Instagram@jdjurhuus
                          Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

I am on a set of used H&R's with 1 1/2 coils cut up front. Bought the set used for $140 shipped IIRC and they ride great and I am still plenty low, maybe a little lower than a SPAX setup.

Look around on mye28.com, used springs are always for sale.
                            Current Project: 1988 535is --- Pics and Info When Its Worthy

Comment

Try looking for "super sport suspension" my brother used those coils with stock shocks
                              It came down about 5 cm's and still good comfort.
                              They where about 70 euro.
                              Cheap and easy

Comment

Working...
                              X