No announcement yet.

Saving a Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bye bye red 4dr aka "Hooptie". it's been a good 6 years!

Lower your expectations, you'll be much happier.

Oh, and your car too.

Comment

Can't wait to see what you do with it bro. Loved your old hooptie mines getting some new updates soon.. Keep it up
      Follow on IG
      amgwheelwhore

Buy my wheels
      Vintage AME Wheels
      RUF Speedline Wheels

Buy my cars
      W115 & W123

Comment

Im excited

Comment

so I've been a little distracted but the bay of the coupe is getting done this weekend then the wiring will get pulled in next week.

Here's what distracted me the past few days. I retrofit a Zhongshen 125 (Lifan clone) into my 1981 Honda C70 Passport scooter. This came factory with a 70cc semi-auto 3spd motor. This was a challenge because the scoots were all 6v up until 1983. Not only that, the stock motor had a points setup. I had to wire in a regulator/rectifier so I could keep all my stock 6v lighting and also graft in a CDI harness. I would have liked to have the carb facing forward, totally hidden but clearance to the front fender was an issue. Someday I'll revisit this as I'd like to route the carb into the stock airbox. For now, the gold directional plate allows the intake to turn 90 degrees right out the side, putting the carb in good position for easy tuning.

Now it's a 4spd (1 down, 3 up) with a manual clutch and a 24mm carb. I need a new sprocket for the front to get a few more mph, but I figure it should hit about 70-75 fairly easily.

Oh, and your car too.

Comment

I'll be watching this, I miss my Coupe! Ive been looking for another on e for the past 2 years.
            Originally posted by Jesus Christ
            he mustve enjoyed that bj.

i know for a fact you chubby bitches could suck the air bubbles out of a brake line

Comment

Tonight I got a little wire wheeling done on the bay. Some asshole decided to spraybomb it black so naturally that has to come off. Anyone who's ever done bay work in a VW knows that it makes a complete mess when that rubber filler/sealant goes flying everywhere.

Basically, all I’m trying to do is get the shitty black paint off. It goes much quicker than you'd think but since I'm not shaving hardly anything, I won't be spending too much time on it. I just want a nice clean surface for the paint to adhere to. Then I’m gonna hit it with some stripper, give it a light sanding and prime it. Once the bay is primed and painted the drivetrain and wiring are going in. This car will move under its own power before it goes to paint.

Last edited by getamongst-it; 08-23-2012, 12:05 AM.

Oh, and your car too.

Comment

love this project, can't wait to see what you do to this thing. Are you just going for a clean classic look or what?

Comment

going for a clean look but with a combination of some popular 90s upgrades and swaps. The twist is the fitment will be a modern look. The initial wheels going on the car won't be the final ones I have in mind either.

It kind of all started with the 16v running on Digifant 2 injection, it's kind of a forgotten swap by the VW community but literally plug and play and it's been really good to me. Acquiring a few more things like that Westy setup really made the path of this car clear in my head.

Oh, and your car too.

Comment

sub'd ... hyped on old VW builds I have been considering one myself. Will this little guy make it to H20i 2012?
                    Originally posted by s t a y g o l d
                    and don't trash talk people, that's for hos at the club.
                    S4 Avant - Build Thread

Comment

its gonna cut it really close but that's the plan!

Oh, and your car too.

Comment

Sweet build! Hope you run into no issues at all and everything comes out perfect!
                        Montego Blue 2007 E92 335i - ZSP / ZPP / Steptronic / Logic7
                        Instagram: bmwforlife

Originally posted by SD202
                        70,000 miles and counting. static slammed. From here to vegas to LA and everywhere in between. Shes my daily driver. Because shes my only car. everything that has ever broke has been a result of being slammed.

Comment

thanks guys, gonna try and finish up wheelin the bay tonight

Oh, and your car too.

Comment

Looks like good progress so far, and I'm glad your saving a coupe.

Seam sealer in your ears and nose for days to come is just one of the joys of shaving a bay!

Comment

picked up some other small items last night:

-8v front flares to make rare big bumper quarter flare trim
                              -4 wheel disk brake master cylinder
                              -strut top caps (clean look OEM ones)
                              -100mm axle cups for the new tranny

also made the last big purchase for the car (besides paint) no more squeaky/slippy v-belts for this guy.

-euro 16v (ABF) serpentine/adjustable alternator conversion from INA Engineering

note: this is not my motor lol

Oh, and your car too.

Comment

Looking forward to this build. I absolutely love Mk2 coupes!

- www.bagriders.com - Email us at: sales@bagriders.com -

- Did you find a lower price? We Price Match! -

Comment

Working...
                                X